Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
They typically remove the lesser charge and they offer concurrent instead of consecutive. The family does get a say to some extent but the prosecutor also has to look at what is best for the entire community unfortunately. I know that I'll probably get some backlash for this statement but, the only person that can choose not to accept a plea is the suspect.
I don't 'backlash', not my style even if I disagree. :) I have copied a post earlier in this thread by a Verified Attorney who followed this case closely Gitani1:

"As to the perp, there is no way he's getting away with this. It's iron clad. He confessed twice - one spontaneously and one after Miranda. There is not one damn thing to indicate he was coerced or gave a false confession. He was found with the surviving eye witness/victim and she divulged what she saw.

Anything that could have gotten him off would've gotten him off on EVERYTHING in both counties. Like insanity.

And not only is there not one shred of evidence to indicate he was insane when he took Jayme and killed her parents, there's everything to indicate he was fully sane.

This is a beautiful decision for a child who needs to grieve and try to move forward.

Finally, we don't need to talk about the statute of limitations for other, uncharged crimes because he's never walking. Period.

But understand that most SOL's for crimes that are typically associated with kidnapping a child are until the victim is 35 or 45 years of age."

JP will spend the rest of his life in jail rightly and thankfully so! IMO

And don't forget about the big cross on a hill drawn at the bottom of the page. If it's real, it does look like he knows he's going to be found guilty and maybe will plead guilty.

I see an envelope in the picture, but no postmark. That part of the envelope is covered up. Also, there is a signature.

It appears the letter 'writer' attempted to change the date from 2-2-19, to 2-3-19. That's what I believe I'm seeing :)

Thank you. I just looked again. I could not originally see that and thought the crossing out mark was a slash in the date. I enlarged it. Looks like you are right. Hmph, I thought I was onto something o_O;) darn it.

I don't 'backlash', not my style even if I disagree. :) I have copied a post earlier in this thread by a Verified Attorney who followed this case closely Gitani1:

"As to the perp, there is no way he's getting away with this. It's iron clad. He confessed twice - one spontaneously and one after Miranda. There is not one damn thing to indicate he was coerced or gave a false confession. He was found with the surviving eye witness/victim and she divulged what she saw.

Anything that could have gotten him off would've gotten him off on EVERYTHING in both counties. Like insanity.

And not only is there not one shred of evidence to indicate he was insane when he took Jayme and killed her parents, there's everything to indicate he was fully sane.

This is a beautiful decision for a child who needs to grieve and try to move forward.

Finally, we don't need to talk about the statute of limitations for other, uncharged crimes because he's never walking. Period.

But understand that most SOL's for crimes that are typically associated with kidnapping a child are until the victim is 35 or 45 years of age."

Does baron jail not have his signature/ writings on file.

Can they not verify authenticity with writing expert??

Looking at high school writings or other letters from JP.

This would seem easy... I don’t think it’s real, or atleast hope it’s not. If it is real it’s pretty scary... makes you kinda get JP parents actions... We can’t commit him .. keep him in Gordon where he can’t harm others...

Pommy mommy, or anyone? Any other JP signature or writing??

Does baron jail not have his signature/ writings on file.

Can they not verify authenticity with writing expert??

Looking at high school writings or other letters from JP.

This would seem easy... I don’t think it’s real, or atleast hope it’s not. If it is real it’s pretty scary... makes you kinda get JP parents actions... We can’t commit him .. keep him in Gordon where he can’t harm others...

Pommy mommy, or anyone? Any other JP signature or writing??

I do not recall anything with JP's handwriting. That's a great idea on verifying this piece of penmanship. Hmmmm, unless he had to sign the complaint once it was 'confessed'? PM will probably beat me to looking it up :)

ETA: His lawyer electronically signed for him. Dangit!

I do not recall anything with JP's handwriting. That's a great idea on verifying this piece of penmanship. Hmmmm, unless he had to sign the complaint once it was 'confessed'? PM will probably beat me to looking it up :)
JP is in Douglas county- not Barron
Not sure if Douglas county could verify authenticity. I would think if this was leaked from their jail someone would suffer some consequences

I know Radar is bad but forging a letter seems to be really pushing it. I wondered when it is signed just "Jake" if it was even Jake Patterson, however, he refers to Jayme, what he did, etc., so I do not see it be another "Jake".

I mean am I wrong or can't Radar face charges if this is a fake/forged document or are they somehow skirting the lines of enough to charge? I sometimes think our media starts to need facing some raps or we will never be able to trust our news. In all cases I have followed recently there are absolutely contradictory stories by media organizations. One can't count on anything it seems like sometimes...

Any of our attorneys around today?

I tend to think the letter is a fake. Imo if JP were to write to someone it would be speaking of himself in a more bravado way.....not cooking and hearts. jmo

This appears to be a 'response' to a previously received letter. He seems to be answering questions. Soooo, maybe his first letter (IMO unseen & most likely never written by JP) contained all his bravado? Yeah, fake phony hogwash as I wrote all of this to say I agree with your statements :)

I think the letter is real. RO said they were in the bathroom. That was correct.

He has been talking to his lawyers so he has come up with some ideas. Remember, he thinks he was clever in figuring out how to do his crime . He is not stupid.

He is saying that he has never done any other crimes. I don’t believe that. He loves animals ( ooh, that is a winner with many people)

He and Jayme had fun together.

He is a Christian.

All of these things are things he thinks he can manipulate with. If he has a jury trial, well, we saw Casey. So, maybe he would get some kind of lower sentence because he is so adorable.

He is not getting letters because he is very unattractive. Do umatteactive ones get letters ( of course they are horrid)

Excellent post, any chance for insanity to work usually requires previous diagnosis and meds before event. As far as I can tell there wasn’t anything established.??

They found body parts in dahmers fridge like leftover casserole. Still found him sane.
That’s good to know...(JP Screwed) but also scary that they said he’s sane.

I think the letter is real. RO said they were in the bathroom. That was correct.

He has been talking to his lawyers so he has come up with some ideas. Remember, he thinks he was clever in figuring out how to do his crime . He is not stupid.

He is saying that he has never done any other crimes. I don’t believe that. He loves animals ( ooh, that is a winner with many people)

He and Jayme had fun together.

He is a Christian.

All of these things are things he thinks he can manipulate with. If he has a jury trial, well, we saw Casey. So, maybe he would get some kind of lower sentence because he is so adorable.

He is not getting letters because he is very unattractive. Do umatteactive ones get letters ( of course they are horrid)

I agree he is (1) manipulating; and/or (2) helping to set up a defense. My guess is both.

This letter sounds like he is talking to a 13-year-old Jayme even though he refers to her by name in the letter. I tend to think in his head he knows or hopes she will see it. If that were the case, he knew it would be published...

However, there are things in here that are just odd... If one did not know the backstory of this case, they would perhaps not seem that way but when one does, it is strange, almost intentional in the things that are said even though probably responding to questions, certain things seem intentionally slipped in...

To me anyhow. imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members