Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it suggests she was wandering about anywhere, to me it just suggests they’re 100% certain she was taken to that park at some point between 12 and 3am.

You would have to be in a very poor state of mind, as a female, to wander onto those playing fields so late on a cold night . I grew up round there and have been drunk around there many times and it's never crossed my mind to go on those fields after dark (not even as a mad teenager).

Yes, none of us can truly get into LS's head but I do not think she would have gone onto those fields of her own decision. The police must have SOME intelligence she was taken there. But what is it?

Yep. You could, if you so wished, get around the back of Jewsons, up and over their fence and walk along Barmston drain.

Removed Dupilcate

Last edited:
Yep. You could, if you so wished, get around the back of Jewsons, up and over their fence and walk along Barmston drain.

Hardly. Jewsons will have a lot of CCTV. You'd have to go through their yard. If you want to access Barmston drain you just walk past Dunelm...it's wide open there.

I was fully in camp “police know best” but this is starting to look like there is room for concern...
I guess the police don't come out for every rolling drunk student.
This pre-loading to extreme drunkenness is such a dangerous fad.
Helicopter parenting doesn't prepare these youngsters to know how to keep themselves safe either.

I know exactly where this cctv is from but cannot think of a single reason why you'd walk down there at that time other than drugs of course.

Anyone else have a legit reason to be walking down there? Only thing I can think is if you live down Beresford avenue and walk Oak Road way to get to clough Road to go all the way down to the garage for cigs or whatever? Seems to me the police are interested in at least one of these people for more than just being potential witnesses. If not then yes, extremely desperate.

People walk down Oak Road all the time to go to work. It leads to a big industrial area which will have weird shift patterns.

"They" is CrazyLilBlondie. Post #626 (didn't quote anyone) so no idea what they are referring to (thought they were referring to the post above and then wasn't so sure).
Was my first post, i clicked quote but it never quoted anything! I was replying to the person above me who was referring to Hull Live.

Did someone mention that area could be used by dealers? If it was LS getting into the car on the CCTV, could the driver have been texting someone to arrange a transaction and then dropped her near there?

Hardly. Jewsons will have a lot of CCTV. You'd have to go through their yard. If you want to access Barmston drain you just walk past Dunelm...it's wide open there.

Either way my postulation stands. You could get around the back of any of those streets. Sissons would be the more difficult granted.

It would be good if any footage can be found of Needlers way or Northumberland Avenue/Fountain Road. Both have areas open to Barmston drain

Removed Dupilcate

There are at least 4 CCTV cameras at Jewsons pointing in all directions. Plus two spikey metal fences to jump over. It's the least likely way that anyone went! Just walk around Dunelm, lol.

There are at least 4 CCTV cameras at Jewsons pointing in all directions. Plus two spikey metal fences to jump over. It's the least likely way that anyone went! Just walk around Dunelm, lol.

See above.

I believe @CrazyLilBlondie and I were referring to a lengthy sequence of posts about an alleged 999 call.
Nope. I think that poster was referring to Cag's reference to someone else about her last post.
Things are getting confusing playing duck duck goose with post numbers and replying without quoting. I'm dizzy.
So lost and so far from home, LOL

See above.

I'm sorry, there would be no reason for anyone to need to jump over two (spikey) fences at Jewsons. You would need very good local knowledge to know there's a drain at the other side - and if you knew this you would just casually walk onto the drain next to Dunelm. They would also be faced with more CCTV at Jewson.

I know you think it's "possible", but if we don't discount really unlikely scenarios we'll never get anywhere.

Nope. I think that poster was referring to Cag's reference to someone else about her last post.
Things are getting confusing playing duck duck goose with post numbers and replying without quoting. I'm dizzy.

The post directly above CLB referred to mine about Fix My Street and the joke about the underwear explosion.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Is there any chance, (surely not!) that this cctv combined with the eeries screams running man report are the ONLY reasons police are focusing on the playing fields? Or must there be more?

Sounds like police are certain it is PR but just need more evidence to prove it, doesn’t sound like they are seeking anyone else in connection with her disappearance and there are no police warnings to young women to take extra care when out at night or telling young women not to venture out alone which would be the case if they thought a kidnapper/murderer was on the loose in the area

Early in the investigation it was reported that the police questioned a known sex offender in the vicinity, searching his house also. The police clearly believe this person is capable of further offences and is viewed as a risk. I’m afraid sadly, one suspect being detained does not ensure our youngsters safety. It begs the question should we know how many and who the sex offenders are living near us or would it frighten us half to death!?

Was my first post, i clicked quote but it never quoted anything! I was replying to the person above me who was referring to Hull Live.
Can be daunting in the beginning CLB. Try the "More Options" button at the bottom of the reply box and you can preview.

Also if you click "Quote" then you need to click "Insert Quotes..." at the left bottom of the reply window.
IMO best to just click Reply instead of quote on the one you are replying to because it automatically inserts the quote in the reply window.

Thanks for signing up!

Last edited:

Yes peeps, please quote a post you are replying to, or we don't know what it references. Thanks.

People walk down Oak Road all the time to go to work. It leads to a big industrial area which will have weird shift patterns.

Right, but the people in this footage have walked down the path from the end of Beresford avenue right? Or am I wrong? Because it'd only make sense to go that way to work if you lived on Beresford or one of the streets down there, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288