Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble seeing this as a suicide...but, that said, there have been suicides on this site that have seriously shocked many people, due to the life situations of the person. So it makes no sense, really, to rule it out based on how her life appeared, what her immediate plans were, her mood, etc...none of those factors are truly able to determine what is going on inside someone’s mind. Jmo some people would plan especially so that their loved ones wouldn’ t think it was suicide, for their (loved ones) sake.

Am guessing tox results is the primary hold up. I think they can usually determine if the person died from the fire, at least they generally seem to conclude that fairly quickly in other cases. All jmo...

I have trouble seeing this as a suicide...but, that said, there have been suicides on this site that have seriously shocked many people, due to the life situations of the person. So it makes no sense, really, to rule it out based on how her life appeared, what her immediate plans were, her mood, etc...none of those factors are truly able to determine what is going on inside someone’s mind. Jmo some people would plan especially so that their loved ones wouldn’ t think it was suicide, for their (loved ones) sake.

Am guessing tox results is the primary hold up. I think they can usually determine if the person died from the fire, at least they generally seem to conclude that fairly quickly in other cases. All jmo...
I agree. I think the time gap between when she left the house until the time she was found makes it hard to think it could be a suicide.

The use of accelerates, usually gasoline, was used in most cases of Self-immolation by fire from what I have read.

According to this study about 1/3 of the 32 cases studied occurred in automobiles. Although the scene was usually familiar to the deceased, some chose remote locations. Only about 1/2 if the 32 had a diagnosed mental illness. And most of the victims had a reason to kill themselves.

Fire and suicide: a three-year study of self-immolation deaths. - PubMed - NCBI

Of 164 patients admitted to a university hospital burn unit, 15 (9%) had attempted suicide, and 5 of the 15 died. The use of a flammable liquid was the most common method of attempted suicide

Psychiatry Online

Most chose familiar locations...some chose remote locations...I doubt anyone chose a stranger’s driveway in an unfamiliar town. I would buy accident before I buy suicide in this case, & I’m not buying accident.
I hope info is released soon so we can all stop spinning our wheels.

Most chose familiar locations...some chose remote locations...I doubt anyone chose a stranger’s driveway in an unfamiliar town. I would buy accident before I buy suicide in this case, & I’m not buying accident.
I hope info is released soon so we can all stop spinning our wheels.

I can’t remember the lady’s name...Jennifer I think, a young married mom...she drove quite a ways from home, and killed herself on a property not her own...was very statnge and sad. She even stopped at a store alog the way. You just never know. But this case with Kathleen truly baffles me...

Last edited:
I can’t remember the lady’s name...Jennifer I think, a young married mom...she drove quite a ways from home, and killed herself on a property not her own...was very statnge and sad. She even stopped at a store alog the way. You just never know. But this case with Kathleen truly baffles me...

I remember that case. Didn’t she take a ferry somewhere, then drive her car to a piece of land amongst trees? And, yes, she stopped at a store to get snacks beforehand...trail mix, I think.

You’re right; we never know. But, I still can’t imagine this being a suicide.

Could it be shell-shock at this point?

Here's the FINRA brokerage check link: BrokerCheck - Find a broker, investment or financial advisor

The results are interesting!

I just tried the link and it didn't work, so I went to the main page, searched, found his name, and scrolled through the alphabetical listing for May 2012. Page 38 is all black. Page 37 is for a name starting with "P," and page 39 is for a name starting with "S." Mr. Ryan's brokerage history records would appear to be "scrubbed." I wonder how that happens, and why. Is simply being newly widowed a reason? I was shocked at how many brokers were on the "naughty list" for just one month. MOO.

I just tried the link and it didn't work, so I went to the main page, searched, found his name, and scrolled through the alphabetical listing for May 2012. Page 38 is all black. Page 37 is for a name starting with "P," and page 39 is for a name starting with "S." Mr. Ryan's brokerage history records would appear to be "scrubbed." I wonder how that happens, and why. Is simply being newly widowed a reason? I was shocked at how many brokers were on the "naughty list" for just one month. MOO.
What made you pick May 2012?

What made you pick May 2012?

May 2012 was the date that an action was taken against him. That date, and the list of actions against brokers for that month, are the result of doing a search of his name on the FINRA site crhedBngr listed in her/his posts above. I hope I explained that clearly. JMO.
http://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/DisciplinaryAction/p126288.pdf
This is the link to the 51 pages of FINRA sanctions for May 2012. I'm more curious as to why his info is suddenly gone than I am about how he originally got on the list. He had a lot of company in May 2012. MOO.

Last edited:
I’ve seen that too, but there is no way to know if that is Peter Remington Ryan changing his name, unless I’ve missed something. I believe there are a few Peter Ryan’s in that area, but agree would be interesting. Have you seen any interesting info on the one with a name change?

Since Kathleen's husband Peter is currently considered a victim in this case and hasn't been named a POI or suspect, I'm fairly certain we are not allowed to sleuth him or at the very least post those findings here for all to see. Same goes for any other family members.

Since Kathleen's husband Peter is currently considered a victim in this case and hasn't been named a POI or suspect, I'm fairly certain we are not allowed to sleuth him or at the very least post those findings here for all to see. Same goes for any other family members.
I'll remove - I apologize. I didn't mean it to make him a suspect. I am really sorry.

I'll remove - I apologize. I didn't mean it to make him a suspect. I am really sorry.

What you do on your own time is up to you. But posting what you find might get you a little spanky by the upper echelon. Would hate to see you get sent to the corner for a time out.

Of course if at some point in time a suspect is named and you have stored up a whole boat load of information on that person, by all means post away.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Jennifer Huston...

Missing Jennifer Huston killed herself near SUV and left suicide note for family | Daily Mail Online

I wasn't able to find her thread on here unfortunately. Very, very sad case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson