UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the defence barrister mean when he said “not the last you’ll hear from me?”
Thought the defence are supposed to be on his side?
I’m still catching up and I’m just in shock and how bold this boy is. At 16 years old to take the stand in front of professionals and brassily lie about such a cruel act.
Thought it was so cruel when asked why he thinks Toni would frame him and he said “dunno, maybe she hates me”, knowing damn well everyone there hates him!

What did the defence barrister mean when he said “not the last you’ll hear from me?”
I’m still catching up and I’m just in shock and how bold this boy is. At 16 years old to take the stand in front of professionals and brassily lie about such a cruel act.
Thought it was so cruel when asked why he thinks Toni would frame him and he said “dunno, maybe she hates me”, knowing damn well everyone there hates him!

It was the Prosecution QC who made that remark

It was the prosecution who said ‘not the last you’ll hear of me’ not the defence - Ian McSporran QC.

His YT channel is increasing in views and subscribers. Not drastically, but it has a little bit over the past few days. Not sure if I'm even supposed to post that but I just thought it was slightly interesting to note. I guess in the digital age people are intrigued by a potential criminal's online habits and want to get a glimpse of them.
A lot of people are talking about building layout, as follows ground floor flat entrance to front of house, middle floor and attic flat at rear, the locks on door would be at entrance to flat its self, attic flat door was unlocked the shared lock at bottom always unlocked

Interesting discrepancy in testimonies.

According to the accused he walked from his home to the shelter by the McPhail home, where he met TM for sex and a chat...
He says he then returned home.

So why did his mother say that when he returned at 3.35am, he arrived home from a different direction.

IMO his mom must be loosing it and from the very start must have had a slight incling he may be involved somehow. I know she gave the CCTV but that does not mean she has not cleaned that house thoroughly so that if he had done anything at least she had tried to help her son. It seems she knew in her heart tbh which is why she got the uncle round to explain DNA . I know it appears conflicted to do those two things but it's her son and she loves him. Maybe after thinking about how she had give her son up, she had a change of heart and desired to help somehow. Also she says In court "it could be his" not yes that's his I know as I wash it all the time

IMO

Got to say the dna relating to where it was found has sealed it for me . I think that’s definitive if it was found on her body perhaps he could have talked his way round there’s no way now in my mind .

I mean you would hope so wouldn't you! I think he should be penalised for talking such *** if found guilty and making a mockery of the court.

Also when it comes to him speaking in court I believe they can't stop you thwy can only advise you not to

IMO this guy thinks his is untouchable and would never say no to something like that, even possibly knowing he could bring himself down. He just likes to be heard and cause as much stress and hurt as he can. He already did the worst bit so what's standing up in court to him and talking ****

I thought it was just an accusation?

I believe she said that he’d never raised a hand to her or made her feel scared.
Well that link takes you to the partial transcript from her part in court and is from the daily mail Scotland and it definitely states that and she agreed that it is true. At the beginning of the trial, it was more freely available in lots of papers, but now I struggle to find any links as there has obviously been a lot more discussed in the case, so is wat down in google search engine. It’s dated February 14th if anyone wants to double check.

This case can be boiled down to a simple question...

Do you believe that TM really did take a condom full of the accused boys semen and place it inside her boyfriends daughter and caused over 100 injuries just for good measure?

If not then by the defendants own account - you find him to be a liar

So 100+ injuries and callously dumping a body...

Is that the action of a drunk and angry male
Or
Is that really how a woman who wanted rid of a stepchild would go about it?

This is not as difficult as some seem to want to make it

Spent all afternoon catching up, I'm now convinced, especially after what's been reported of his explanations: the "my clothes washed away" excuse is not at all believeable, given he'd have had to walk home through a small village, naked, I'm quite sure someone would've seen that. Don't mind waiting to see what else the defence have before breaking out the pitchforks, but I find it hard to imagine they could have anything groundbreaking to throw doubt on the whole pattern of events: his being out at the right times, including coming back from a different direction, the DNA, the fibres, the attempts at disposing of clothes... taken as a big picture, there's only one conclusion reachable.

We'll see if the defence have anything more up their sleeve; I do really question how he got her out, but overall I can't see that that provides enough doubt, given the picture drawn by the rest of the evidence.

Bit of visual information

Wearing a grey suit, white shirt and dark tie...

He was often asked to speak up and slow down while addressing the court.

Teen in Alesha MacPhail murder trial tells court Toni McLachlan killed child

IMO his mom must be loosing it and from the very start must have had a slight incling he may be involved somehow. I know she gave the CCTV but that does not mean she has not cleaned that house thoroughly so that if he had done anything at least she had tried to help her son. It seems she knew in her heart tbh which is why she got the uncle round to explain DNA . I know it appears conflicted to do those two things but it's her son and she loves him. Maybe after thinking about how she had give her son up, she had a change of heart and desired to help somehow. Also she says In court "it could be his" not yes that's his I know as I wash it all the time

IMO

His mum loved him that much she decided not to sit through the trial.

I suspect this is because she knows hes guilty and cant bare to sit listening to his lies as he seals his fate

Interesting discrepancy in testimonies.

According to the accused he walked from his home to the shelter by the McPhail home, where he met TM for sex and a chat...
He says he then returned home.

So why did his mother say that when he returned at 3.35am, he arrived home from a different direction.

Great catch.

Frustrating the prosecution don’t appear to have pulled him up on this, unless it wasn’t reported?

Great catch.

Frustrating the prosecution don’t appear to have pulled him up on this, unless it wasn’t reported?
There’s been a few moments like that throughout the trial- I initially assumed it was odd they didn’t question him, but in hindsight I think they are doing and we are purely getting tweeted bullet points of the case. The tweets certainly don’t cover everything said, but do cover what has been discussed- unless everyone is talking ridiculously slowly and they are having coffee breaks every 5 minutes.

Great catch.

Returning from the opposite direction could purely be the result of taking one of two different potential routes home from the shelter. It isn't necessarily what it seems.

If Toni genuinely wanted rid of Alesha, would it not have been much easier for her to have staged a tragic accident? Living on an island, surrounded by water she would have had many opportunities to stage a drowning accident, for example. This is far too difficult and far fetched for an 18 year old girl who is in a relationship with a known drug dealer to concoct and pull off so convincingly. Just my opinion.

The teen claimed he believed Ms McLachlin 'planned' Alesha’s murder, and speculated that the 18-year-old 'fantasised' about killing the child.

DNA matching boy, 16, is found on Alesha MacPhail body, court hears | Daily Mail Online

I don't think it was Toni who'd spent months planning and fantasising!

I think that is very telling from the Accused! he could have said 'she was jealous of Alesha' or 'she thought Alesha was annoying' ... but no, he chose planning and fantasising

There’s been a few moments like that throughout the trial- I initially assumed it was odd they didn’t question him, but in hindsight I think they are doing and we are purely getting tweeted bullet points of the case. The tweets certainly don’t cover everything said, but do cover what has been discussed- unless everyone is talking ridiculously slowly and they are having coffee breaks every 5 minutes.
Exactly. If you think of a script - one page of dialogue equals (roughly) to a minute of screen time. We are getting one tweet every 5 - 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member