AL - Outrage after newspaper editor calls for the KKK to 'night ride again', Linden, Feb 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Alabama newspaper editorial wants 'Ku Klux Klan to night ride again' in order to 'clean out D.C.' | Daily Mail Online

The editor of a rural Alabama newspaper is facing calls to resign after he published an editorial wishing for ‘the Ku Klux Klan to night ride again’ against ‘Democrats [who] are plotting to raise taxes in America'.

Goodloe Sutton, the publisher of the Democrat-Reporter in Linden wrote that he wanted the KKK to 'clean out D.C.' by 'lynching'.

upload_2019-2-19_18-44-5.jpegupload_2019-2-19_18-44-16.jpeg

‘If we could get the Klan to go up there and clean out D.C., we'd all been better off,’ Sutton wrote.

When asked to specify what he meant by ‘clean out D.C.,’ Sutton brought up lynching.

‘We'll get the hemp ropes out, loop them over a tall limb and hang all of them,’ Sutton said.

Sutton confirmed writing the editorial that appeared in last Thursday's newspaper to the Montgomery Advertiser.

[...]

Sutton was asked if he agreed with the near-consensus view that the KKK was a racist and violent organization.

‘A violent organization? Well, they didn't kill but a few people,’ Sutton said.

‘The Klan wasn't violent until they needed to be.’

[...]

Goodloe Sutton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

An Alabama newspaper editor wants to bring back lynching

Alabama newspaper editor calls for return of the KKK to ‘clean out DC’

Alabama newspaper editor calls for KKK to lynch Democrats in DC

An Alabama newspaper editor called for mass lynchings and for the KKK to return and 'clean out DC'

Who is Goodloe Sutton? Alabama newspaper publisher stripped of journalism honors over KKK editorial

DzvCxR1W0AA_1aC

Bro.. slow your role.. it doesn't matter if only 2k people get this non-online paper, opinion piece or not, this is small town racist propaganda..
https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/goodloe-sutton/

Alabama newspaper editorial wants 'Ku Klux Klan to night ride again' in order to 'clean out D.C.' | Daily Mail Online

The editor of a rural Alabama newspaper is facing calls to resign after he published an editorial wishing for ‘the Ku Klux Klan to night ride again’ against ‘Democrats [who] are plotting to raise taxes in America'.

Goodloe Sutton, the publisher of the Democrat-Reporter in Linden wrote that he wanted the KKK to 'clean out D.C.' by 'lynching'.

View attachment 169856View attachment 169857

‘If we could get the Klan to go up there and clean out D.C., we'd all been better off,’ Sutton wrote.

When asked to specify what he meant by ‘clean out D.C.,’ Sutton brought up lynching.

‘We'll get the hemp ropes out, loop them over a tall limb and hang all of them,’ Sutton said.

Sutton confirmed writing the editorial that appeared in last Thursday's newspaper to the Montgomery Advertiser.

[...]

Sutton was asked if he agreed with the near-consensus view that the KKK was a racist and violent organization.

‘A violent organization? Well, they didn't kill but a few people,’ Sutton said.

‘The Klan wasn't violent until they needed to be.’

[...]

Goodloe Sutton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

An Alabama newspaper editor wants to bring back lynching

Alabama newspaper editor calls for return of the KKK to ‘clean out DC’

Alabama newspaper editor calls for KKK to lynch Democrats in DC

An Alabama newspaper editor called for mass lynchings and for the KKK to return and 'clean out DC'

Who is Goodloe Sutton? Alabama newspaper publisher stripped of journalism honors over KKK editorial
Well, it looks like good old Goodloe wanted some attention, and now he is getting it. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG , WTF is wrong with people ..."the Klan did kill until they needed to" ???? Is this man Crazy or just beyond stupid , guess the holocaust never happened either. SMH ...(I'm running out of 3 letter acronyms)

This downright "nasty-fication" of this beautiful country has got to stop. I am so tired of being appalled every day by something new, be it from one direction or another. I want that kinder, gentler nation I heard about as a kid.

It was fiction. We know what is happening now because of the web. Did you ever heard about the Tulsa attacks by the govt? The bombing of a whole city in the US? The Pres ordering Ww1 Vets burned on the lawn of the White House? Induan boarding schools? Priests abusing kids? On and on

All this and more, Human. But I still want it and it is attainable if we back away from the narcissism that social media promotes, demand adult behavior of ourselves and our leaders, and strive to speak to each other rather than attack. If we educate each other and listen to each other, and take the initiative to do some reading/web searching and learn about facts as well as other perspectives. I just have to want that, for my own sanity, you know?

I know how lovely every southerner I have met is and totally agree that he is no representative (plus, you will easily hear that from some folks in my neck of the north) :). He's just another toxic narcissist who is getting away with bad behavior, regardless of his hometown.

Hate Crime Statistics

This is a starting point for research. Whether we consider this a "huge" problem or not depends on our values and sense of scale. I personally consider it too high.
Agreed, I look at things in scale to other things and more persisting violent crimes. All destructive and the argument "1 is t00 many" is valid emotionally. But an epidemic as portrayed it is not, compared to gang violence, suicide rates, child abuse, domestic abuse, etc.. Wrong is wrong and I stand with you, but I just have a hard time painting an ethnic group as something to be afraid of or the likelihood of being targeted for a hate crime as something to prioritize statistically as layed out by the stats you provided and that I've seen. Thanks for your input and enjoyed the civil conversation.

Black woman replacing Alabama editor who endorsed KKK | Daily Mail Online

A white Alabama newspaper editor who advocated for the revival of the Ku Klux Klan is turning over control of the small weekly to a black woman.

upload_2019-2-25_2-48-21.jpeg

[...]

Dexter, whose family is from rural Marengo County, where Linden is located near the Mississippi line, said she began working at the paper earlier this year and has a good working relationship with Goodloe.

She added: 'I told him there were some different ways you could have made your point.'

The paper has received emails from those who supported what Sutton wrote and others who were 'disgusted' by his statements, she said.

The paper dates to 1879 and its editorials are consistently conservative and often critical of Democrats.

The use of 'Democrat' in its name reflects back to the period when nearly all white conservatives in the South were Democrats.

My take on stuff like this is the best way to deal with it is to laugh at it.

The KKK was a terrorist organization through and through, and a bit like other organized crime organizations. They perpetrated violence and intimidation tactics against blacks and whites for many years, and have been smashed to bits in several states because of their criminal activities. I've lived in Columbia, South Carolina, the Klan would rally periodically right at the State House. I understand the First Amendment applies here, but damn do they look silly in their costumes. They should be arrested by the fashion police.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back