Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for all the replies that went no where. WS was not allowing me to type
I think I will keep my fingers off of this for a while

JP wants the attention and would rather be hated than not be in the limelight at all. As he himself mentioned, maybe people have forgotten about him as he didn't get letters from anyone. The less he is paid attention to in this regard, the better I say. I didn't even read his so-called letter, just what y'all are saying about it.

l

Good sheriff, now how did I know he would be all over this. I believe it was NOT penned by JP.

Sometimes I feel as though "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" dropped by here for a sequel, lol. ;):D

That elicited a true LOL moment! Thank you, and hopefully this JP 'humanizing' will slither away like the snake he turned out to be. IMO MHO

He is in jail, not prison. He is innocent until proven guilty by law.
According to the 14th amendment of the Constitution a person is "presumed" innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It is a legal principle not a social principle.

In the Latin: ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat - “the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies”, means that the justice system declares the charges against him, not me. So it is the Justice System who must bear the burden of proof and treat him as though he is innocent. In other words the jail cannot house or work him as a convicted man. He cannot be subjected to punishment, torture, etc. Yes he can be held in secure lockup for his and my protection but not as a convicted person. His rights to interrogation, to representation/ counsel, trial, etc., are protected as are yours and mine.

I, on the other hand have no such burden. The 1st Amendment to the Constitution guarantees my right to free expression and free association, which means that the government does not have the right to forbid me from saying what I like and writing what I like. Therefore If I say I think he is guilty I cannot be held to some legal principle which negates my freedom of thought.

If I were to be called to the Jury, however, in order to serve I must be sworn in and then declare that I can render an impartial verdict based on the evidence and the law.

In this case I would have to decline on the basis that I have formed a prejudicial opinion based on the knowledge that I have.

That is my right.

So when someone says he is innocent until proven guilty, the only truth there is that is their own opinion and nothing more, unless they are part of the Law enforcement and Judicial system under which he is being charged and still it only applies to themselves.

So as for me, he is guilty and should serve the rest of his natural life. And I don't have to prove it. I am free to think and say what I please.

JMO

Last edited:
How interesting, there isn't a difference between the two in the UK, they're completely interchangeable words.
Ah, people bandy them about here too. In general, and depending on which state - because we are Independent States - And especially in a Commonwealth like Massachusetts, jails are minimum security, short sentences or temp. lockups like awaiting trial whereas Prison is hard time.
In MA, Prisons are State run and Jails are County facilities. So mostly there is a diff. but people just interchange the 2.

My point is that under the law he is innocent, He is in jail which means he has all kind of rights that will be denied to him once he is put into prison.

People were wondering about him getting mail.

I think there is a lot of confusion re jail and prison and also what innocent means in the law.

Yes, it has zero to do with what we think. But it matters as far as what he can receive. Visitors, mail and???? I do not kmow what else he can get.

Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member