UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> There are 3 floors, but only 2 flats, the lower flat comprises one floor and the upper flat comprises two. There are only two flats in the property. Go and examine the photographs of the sale advert for the lower flat and you will see that the stairway in question terminates on the first floor, meaning the attic rooms can only be accessed from INSIDE the first floor area and not from that stairway.
The attic is one flat i used to live on the island and know

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it not a possibility that she was originally going to be a prosecution witness, but they decided at the last minute that her testimony wasn’t crucial and decided not to call her and put her through that ordeal?

Re Alesha mum finding out on fb. I saw this too. However. Apparently they had tried to call her got no answer she saw the post when she got up and was trying to contact the family. It’s my belief by that time they were probably with police as she had been found and couldn’t answer on social media or phone jmo

Oh yeah I wasn’t victim shaming anyone just saying that is how she found out

One thing still absolutely baffles me about this...

Accused downed a bottle of MD 20/20 and then drank Echo Falls wine, plus smoked weed that night.

I would be absolutely plastered with all that at his age, and anyone really drunk are usually very clumsy....

How the hell did he get in and out the house, plus lift and carry Alesha out with laying a single fingerprint anywhere, without placing an unsteady hand on a wall , knocking something over, switching a light on etc...and without either him or Alesha making a sound ?

I could knock back a hell of a lot more than that in my teens. There's not a lot else to do in rural Scotland but get bevvied up. I was raiding my parents' well-stocked drinks cabinet from age of 14. We were constantly sneaking bottles of vodka into school and acting sober enough not to get caught by teachers. I'm 46 now and it's another story! I don't find what he drank to be excessive. And I'm 5 ft 3 in and back in my teens a wee slip of a thing. I'd say his body can take more than mine could.

<modsnip: duplicate quote>

<modsnip> There are 3 floors, but only 2 flats, the lower flat comprises one floor and the upper flat comprises two. There are only two flats in the property. Go and examine the photographs of the sale advert for the lower flat and you will see that the stairway in question terminates on the first floor, meaning the attic rooms can only be accessed from INSIDE the first floor area and not from that stairway.

The building is set with 3 flats, i know that the attic looks small from the outside and it is but

Its 3 flats check land registry not pics you have seen in a paper

<modsnip>. There are 3 floors, but only 2 flats, the lower flat comprises one floor and the upper flat comprises two. There are only two flats in the property. Go and examine the photographs of the sale advert for the lower flat and you will see that the stairway in question terminates on the first floor, meaning the attic rooms can only be accessed from INSIDE the first floor area and not from that stairway.

This is a link to a council description of the building
https://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/moderngov/documents/s22579/01439_WR Dormer Extension 52 Ardbeg Rd Rothesay.pdf

I could knock back a hell of a lot more than that in my teens. There's not a lot else to do in rural Scotland but get bevvied up. I was raiding my parents' well-stocked drinks cabinet from age of 14. We were constantly sneaking bottles of vodka into school and acting sober enough not to get caught by teachers. I'm 46 now and it's another story! I don't find what he drank to be excessive. And I'm 5 ft 3 in and back in my teens a wee slip of a thing. I'd say his body can take more than mine could.

Definitely agree with this.

Also worth noting that he said the wine he drank was Echo Falls. They do a few lower strength alcohol ‘summer’ wines that seem to be popular with the youngsters these days. I defy anyone to get drunk on them, it’s like drinking cordial

The defence is so thin it could literally be to say that she didn't like his new girlfriend or that Alesha wasn't keen on her. I think it's very noteworthy that she was given permission to be present throughout despite her role as witness. Presumably they aren't concerned about her testimony being changed by hearing the rest of the case first?

I may be wrong but I thought the special permission that was granted to her related to her being allowed to attend the hearing - back in December - when the accused was able to enter his plea for the first time.
I don't think it is connected to the current trial

( I wait to be proven wrong tomorrow ! )

I may be wrong but I thought the special permission that was granted to her related to her being allowed to attend the hearing - back in December - when the accused was able to enter his plea for the first time.
I don't think it is connected to the current trial

( I wait to be proven wrong tomorrow ! )

Yes but at the end of the article it gives her name and says she is a witness in the case. As someone pointed out she wasn’t even on the island at the time so maybe this is an error in reporting .

The building is set with 3 flats, i know that the attic looks small from the outside and it is but

Its 3 flats check land registry not pics you have seen in a paper

That's great, can you link the land registry entry please?
It's the sales advert for part of the property i'm looking at, not a newspaper.
2 bed flat for sale in 53 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay, Isle Of Bute PA20 - Zoopla
Lower flat is currently for sale. Stairway is pictured (as the back door of the lower property opens out of one side of it) and it stops at first floor, so i'm unclear on how the attic is accessed from it, unless part of the middle floor property also has a chunk carved out to access the attic?

That's great, can you link the land registry entry please?
It's the sales advert for part of the property i'm looking at, not a newspaper.
2 bed flat for sale in 53 Ardbeg Road, Rothesay, Isle Of Bute PA20 - Zoopla
Lower flat is currently for sale. Stairway is pictured (as the back door of the lower property opens out of one side of it) and it stops at first floor, so i'm unclear on how the attic is accessed from it, unless part of the middle floor property also has a chunk carved out to access the attic?
Thats just the ground floor flat,

I was unfortunately unable to follow proceedings and the forum today, bar a quick flash through posts around lunchtime. So first, thank you very much to everyone who kept the forum updated.

I say it so often I'm boring even myself, but I usually don't try to decide whether someone is guilty or not during a trial. This was true when I was attending trials on a daily basis as a reporter, and even more so now when all we hear are the juicy titbits the journalists decide are worthy of our attention.

The jury has seen and heard everything, including the bits not allowed to be published in case it identifies the accused. Let's wait and see what they decide.

Thats just the ground floor flat,
Notice if you took door out of ground floor, look up to middle flat and attic flat, you would get an extra room, most the flats on isle of bute are all the same, ground floor entrance at front, middle floor and attic floor entrance to rear or side, like i said i know the island and lived there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member