UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too I don’t think those tweets are helping
There seems to have been so many unexpected twists and turns with this case that I am not ruling out something else unexpected to happen or come out in the next few days. I was shocked he took the stand today bold as anything, and his accusing Toni out of nowhere on Monday...I just feel like this case is like a crazy crime movie or novel. Hence why I am feeling uneasy about what we would normally expect to happen on Friday....who knows what will happen with this particular case. It's all been so crazy.

I know I was absolutely gobsmacked he took the stand today. I genuinely didn’t think his lawyers would have allowed that or at least said he’s doing it against our advice. . The whole thing is crazy and him bold as brass saying “ I think she planned and fantasised about it”. ON THE STAND !! :O. He’s unbelievable for a 16 year old. I’m sure he’s a compulsive liar and actually believes himself. He’s probably convinced himself he didn’t do it

Unbearable to read. He is a complete psycho...He has killed a little girl in the most horrific way and is enjoying his 15 mins of fame in the witness box twisting the knife and rubbing salt in the families wounds. I think he is a peadophile and a sadist and he has been looking at alesha’s pictures on social media and fantasising. Why should we believe he slept with TM...? the rat has lied through his teeth about everything else. I hope he drops off the face of the earth. He reminds me of Brady revelling in it.

I'm sorry but, I have to jump in with some defence here ...

Until recently, I owned pet Rats for almost 15 years, in fact many Rats over that time as they don't live much more than 2 years or so and they are the most loyal, loving, smart creatures to each other and to their owner ... they don't rape and kill each other.

I can't even think of a single creature from the animal world to compare the Accused to!

The fact that his dna has been found inside alesha (hate even saying that) kind of sums it up ? I could at a stretch believe he was set up if the dna was found on or around but inside ! That’s just too much there’s no way TM was sneaking about that night with a syringe or whatever.. that’s just too far fetched IMO

Even setting aside the improbability of the sequence set out by the defence, what would be the motive for TM to stage such an attack? This question can be subdivided into:

1) Why would TM want to kill Alesha?
2) Why would she want to implicate the accused in such a crime?

I just don't see a jury replacing one causal chain -- that sketched out by the prosecution -- with another that makes infinitely less sense given the evidence already presented, that is almost a non-sequitur by comparison. Raising doubt by offering a compelling alternative to the prosecution's theory of the case is one thing, but offering up a series of hugely unlikely and apparently unmotivated actions strung together across a broken timeline is a distraction pure and simple. It is neither compelling nor reasonable as a competing explanation. It is the courtroom equivalent of shouting "Look -- it's a squirrel juggling chainsaws!" and running swiftly in the opposite direction.

I will be astonished if a single juror is swayed by his testimony, and I don't blame the prosecution for essentially swatting it away.

I know I was absolutely gobsmacked he took the stand today. I genuinely didn’t think his lawyers would have allowed that or at least said he’s doing it against our advice. . The whole thing is crazy and him bold as brass saying “ I think she planned and fantasised about it”. ON THE STAND !! :O. He’s unbelievable for a 16 year old. I’m sure he’s a compulsive liar and actually believes himself. He’s probably convinced himself he didn’t do it

I think he is enjoying being in the limelight and taking the stand to have his moment, urgh...he is definitely a very cocky and self assured 16 year old, but I don't think he believes his own lies, I think he knows exactly what happened. He feels no empathy or guilt though. Like a true sociopath. When he sent that snapchat photo to his friends with his shirt off and said 'found the guy who did it'....I feel he was desperate to brag about what he'd done but he knew he couldn't really tell his friends so this was his way of bragging by making it sound like a joke...but he knew it was true.

just curious, how long would he potentially get if he were found guilty on Friday?

I think he is enjoying being in the limelight and taking the stand to have his moment, urgh...he is definitely a very cocky and self assured 16 year old, but I don't think he believes his own lies, I think he knows exactly what happened. He feels no empathy or guilt though. Like a true sociopath. When he sent that snapchat photo to his friends with his shirt off and said 'found the guy who did it'....I feel he was desperate to brag about what he'd done but he knew he couldn't really tell his friends so this was his way of bragging by making it sound like a joke...but he knew it was true.

I agree with everything you said I was being sarcastic (sorry) when I said he probably convinced himself he didn’t do it. I just meant he’s believing his own lies re T , his clothes. There is no dna of her in his house, he thinks he’s home n dry I’m sure he is salivating at himself as we type. I’m still getting over what he said today lol

I agree with everything you said I was being sarcastic (sorry) when I said he probably convinced himself he didn’t do it. I just meant he’s believing his own lies re T , his clothes. There is no dna of her in his house, he thinks he’s home n dry I’m sure he is salivating at himself as we type. I’m still getting over what he said today lol

oops sorry, your sarcasm went right over my head! I thought you were being literal, my bad. I am waiting anxiously to hear what else the defense will present tomorrow...to be a fly on the wall of that courtroom tomorrow..

From an earlier poster's direction of the route the accused took down the shoreline to the church up to the red phone box, I found this on google maps: Google Maps

This is across the street from 36 High Rd., next to a bush with pink flowers. Walk up the street and where there are lower pink flowers are the steps to what I think is the old abandoned hotel where Alesha was found. Pink was her favorite color. If I'm wrong please correct me local posters.

I'd imagine it would prompt some to consider the potential for an alternative theory as to what exactly happened.

Defence is already destroyed by the facts and the fictions surrounding the accused’s “joggers”.

If for some crazy reason any of the jurors still think it is possible Toni McClachlan was the psychopath who “brutalized” the child, then they have to consider the defence’s narrative which amounts to TMc meeting the accused at approx 2 am, having a smoke with the accused, having sex with the accused, collecting the condom, returning to the flat, abducting the child from her bed and then carrying the child to the shelter where she is caught on cctv as the shadowy figure at 2.27 am. That’s about 27 minutes to include everything from meeting the accused to appearing on CCTV as the shadowy figure carrying the child and I would give a rough estimate that about 10 of those minutes would be required to carry the child from the flat along the shore to the shelter. Very tight schedule indeed, could be argued to be possible but most unlikely in my opinion.

Last edited:
What I've read about Scottish juries is from here: Trial by jury in Scotland - Wikipedia

From what I understand if a jury comes to a majority decision for guilt in criminal cases. Eight or more jurors to convict or acquit or find not proven. I don't know if there's a special set up for under 18 yr olds. In the US (sorry I keep bringing this up) we need all the jurors for a finding. So there's a lot of mud slinging to convince that one juror who is persuadable. In theory I like the sound of the the Scottish practice much better.

From an earlier poster's direction of the route the accused took down the shoreline to the church up to the red phone box, I found this on google maps: Google Maps

For some reason, walking these streets on street view really brought it home for me. My own daughter is 6, and I can think of all the things she’d be saying and seeing in that beautiful town. Poor sweet Alesha - truly one of the worst crimes imaginable.

Thank you to all members who have been posting the trial updates...

I cannot even begin to imagine how her family must be feeling hearing and seeing this 16 year old child behave in the manner he has....

I think the DNA was critical today and I truly hope the “special defence” does not influence the jury...

I can’t help but wonder if there was something more to his relationship with TM maybe she potentially spurned him which resulted in what happened to that poor child... why would he choose her, why that night? The fact he called them both prior to the crime to me indicates he wanted to check if they would respond but it’s still risky to just break in and take her as they might have been ignoring him!

I was talking to my mum tonight about this and we both decided that some are just born bad and no amount of nature or nuture can influence as I struggle to understand what this child could have seen and experienced to result in this...

Rest in peace sweet lassie.. hope my nanny finds you and gives you a big hug xx

Has distances between key places been made public? I can only find the time taken when walking.

Yes, I also want to thank the members who've been posting regular updates here, too. I've been glad to have it accessible in a 'safe place' so to speak, as this case really haunts me that it hurts to try to seek out more info.

Am with you lot, curious who the defence will call forth as witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss