Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

I've always thought Liam took himself off to end it but didn't want to state that before. It was always the most logical conclusion to me. At least his poor family are being realistic.

There was a Facebook page Missing Liam Smith which seems to have vanished in the last day.

Hopefully someone will stumble across him soon.

I'm not sure why you think a teenager from Aberdeen, Scotland would go to London? More likely Edinburgh or Glasgow. But why would he do that via a country bus and a walk in the woods? As for human trafficking - teenagers are not likely being snatched from rural areas of Northeast Scotland.

Thank you for your comments Panspeople. Perhaps the term human trafficking was not the best term to use. Maybe I should have used the term assisted instead of human trafficking because of earlier reports that Liam was seen with an older woman which I don't think have been confirmed.
I thought Liam might have gone to London because his disappearance might not be as highly publicized there as a in Scotland. Liam was last seen in the Crathes area but Police and SAR have not found a trace of him there which holds out hope that he left the area and is still alive. If this is a self harm situation then I hope his body is recovered sooner that later and Liam's family can have some type of closure but I am hoping he is still alive.

I have been following Liams thread since Nov/Dec 2018 & there has never been any reports from Police or Liams family about information on his phone.......very little factual information about reasons why Liam is missing. Has Liams family hired a private investigator????? If he was my dear son, I would still be trying all avenues to discover what happened to my child.
JMO
BBM

The police in Scotland only tend to release relevant information to the public. If it won't help find someone the general public have no right to know any personal information.

If mountain rescue can't even find Liam I can't see what good a PI could do.

The police in Scotland only tend to release relevant information to the public. If it won't help find someone the general public have no right to know any personal information.

If mountain rescue can't even find Liam I can't see what good a PI could do.

A Private Investigator would investigate: Did Liam actually board the bus & was it a
definite sighting of Liam in the Crathes area. While investigating, PI's can uncover leads/ information from unlikely sources because some folk are not comfortable talking with LE.
I am in no way knocking the Police search efforts for Liam, I extend high praise to LE for all their search efforts.

I’m local and have been following all the appeals and what little information surrounding his dissapearence that was released.

Scottish police never release much info when appealing. Obviously releasing information relating to text messages or browser searches would give joe public more insight into his state of mind but if they do find him alive (I really hope they do) then his private information is now in public domain and you can’t get of that or potential stigma they may encounter etc

I also think they would withhold mental health issues as it may not generate such a public interest or as much assistance.

Young boy 16 disappears mysteriously
Or
Teen suffering depression disappears

People automatically would assume the likely outcome of the teen suffering with MH issues would be suicide and there would be less social media shares and buzz, wouldn’t be as many people volunteering to search for them if the chances are they are deceased, people cling to hope and a positive outcome.

I would offer to search without thinking hoping we’d find him alive but maybe fell and broke a leg etc etc

I’m not sure I physically could knowing there was a High chance I was looking for a person who’d already passed. It would be too traumatic for myself if I did and that’s based on myself being selfish.

I am really surprised that it is clear the police have fixated on the Crathes estate and only searching there when the same time Liam went missing a dog went missing in the Crathes estate named Honey and there was people in and around there (with dogs) searching for her and volunteers searching for the pup, and no one came across him? If Liam did take his own life I think with the heavier foot traffic searching for Honey someone or a dog may of discovered him and that’s why I still have hope that he didn’t go that route and maybe was meeting someone at a destination to ‘dissapear’

The dog was found alive stuck down a rabbit hole 2 weeks later she was scared and lost to begin with and people heard her running around barking and at night.

There was a lot of people looking for the dog and I realise it’s a big estate but dogs are very capable of smelling certain things so I don’t think he is there (hoping for a happy ending )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back