Found Deceased Canada - Rory Stuart, 19, Fort Erie, Ontario, 16 Feb 2019

Ontario Mom

stay safe ♥ be kind
Reaction score
Been a while since I started a thread, hope I'm doing this right. This young man is a friend of my daughter's.
-----------------------------

Niagara Regional Police Service is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 19-year-old man.

Rory Stuart, of Fort Erie, was last seen in the early morning hours of Feb. 16 in the area of Ridge Rd. North and the Friendship Trail in Fort Erie.

Police and Stuart’s family have concerns for the teen’s welfare.

He is described as being roughly five-foot-ten, 150 lbs, with a slender build, shoulder-length wavy hair and a beard. He was wearing a light blue and navy blue hooded shirt. Police say Stuart is likely on foot.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 905-688-4111.
Rory-Stewart.jpg

Detectives from 5 District Criminal Investigation Branch are attempting to locate 19-year-old Rory Stuart, who was last seen leaving the Trailside Bar and Grill at 1:30 a.m. on Saturday according to a post by a family member on Facebook. Trailside is located in Ridgeway in the area of Ridge Road North and the Friendship Trail.

Is the Trailside Bar and Grill located near Lake Eire. I hope this is not another case of a young man going missing near a body of water. Was Rory with friends at the Bar and did he leave by himself or with others or was he requested to leave by management. I am assuming LE is retrieving CCTV video from within the Bar and outside it and surrounding buildings. I hope he is found soon.

That was my first thought as well. It's about a 25 minute walk to the lake.

I wonder if he lives near the water.

I hope it is not that in this case but if he lives that way it would give him a reason to walk so far - that is many many blocks. It also appears the waterfront is residential properties but there is a little beach...
kQAePGX.jpg

Search party scours Ridgeway for missing teen

Patrick and his group have been knocking on doors the past few days, and the best lead he said they have is that a woman who lives a few blocks from downtown Ridgeway said she saw someone in her backyard near the time Rory went missing. The woman said the person stole her snow shovel.

Patrick believes that might have been his little brother. He also worries Rory may have stumbled into a nearby construction site.

Hope there's good news tomorrow or sooner !!
These missing young men and teen boys after leaving a bar is so scary !
As if someone in the area or at the bar/grill is stalking these people....
The stalking of women and girls is ubiquitous, thinking that in these changing times guys might also be subjected to similar behavior.
Maybe it goes unnoticed or is not reported, imo, speculation.

Rory's brother did a radio interview yesterday.

In summary:
- there has been no sign of Rory;
- they have searched extensively in the woods in/around Ridgeway and Crystal Beach;
- police have searched using a drone and dogs; and
- some people have called in tips/alleged sightings of Rory but refuse to give their full names or speak to the police.

Patrick Stuart - Missing Teens Brother

We don't have much background information about Rory such as is he employed and/or student.
I am curious if he has any mental health issues which might influence his behavior. According to his FB Group he has many friends that are concern about him and are looking for him. I did notice that Fort Erie is next door to Buffalo NY and did Rory travel there on a frequent basis or did he spend most of his time on the Canada side of the border. Did Rory interact with any of the patrons or employees of the bar that he was last seen at or at least I have not seen any reports of the kind.

According to the Help Find Rory Stuart FB page no more searches are planned at this time per Rory's brother Patrick. It appears most of the searches for Rory have been done by family and friends and by the police early on in his disappearance. Not much information in regards to cell phone activity or if he was with anyone at the time of his disappearance.

Are there still huge snowdrifts in the area? Any abandoned cars that someone cold and perhaps a little over-refreshed might crawl into?
speculation, imo.
This type of scenario comes to mind..
Snowplow driver slams into snow-buried car, finds woman alive inside
20674137.jpg

This Feb. 17, 2019 photo provided by City of South Lake Tahoe shows a car buried in snow in South Lake Tahoe, Calif.

Rory's brother Patrick posted today on Rory's FB group that no more searches are planned and asks the public to be on the lookout for Rory and to report any sightings to the police or family.
I am reading between the lines that this could be a self-harm situation but hopefully I am wrong.
No background info on Rory and not much info on the night/early morning that he went missing.

Rory's brother Patrick posted today on Rory's FB group that no more searches are planned and asks the public to be on the lookout for Rory and to report any sightings to the police or family.
I am reading between the lines that this could be a self-harm situation but hopefully I am wrong.
No background info on Rory and not much info on the night/early morning that he went missing.

Strange to quote my own post but this is the last public announcement by Rory's family in regards to his disappearance. I have not seen any updates in MSM either. I just hope Rory is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back