CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the affidavit it struck me about the contents of KB’s purse, she carried mace. Does anyone know if KB’s neighborhood is fairly safe? Could have been random protection, but I’m wondering if she only got the mace after PF took her gun? She felt the need for protection, could just be because she was a female living and traveling to work alone, but part of me wonders if at any point she thought she would need protection from PF. I still can’t shake the feeling he was abusive to her prior to her murder. Just a hunch. MOO

He may have been abusive towards her, but she might not have seen it that way. She was out late the night before helping him with cattle. She also ran and got him medicine. She may have been planning to have Thanksgiving dinner with him. And she apparently let him blindfold her to play a candle scent guessing game.

That doesn’t seem to me like she feared him.

:eek:
I have to say this thought crossed my mind as well. :oops::( But then I wondered why would they use KK's friend's gun/bullet when they had KB's gun that they already planned to get rid of as part of the lie that KB took off to commit suicide?
The really crazy question is why the small townhouse with neighbors and cameras?
PF's brother said he was at Mommy's house at 2:30 and that PF arrived shortly after. <modsnip>.
Well, he definitely needs police skills 101. I would not be bragging about my lack of observational skills at Thanksgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be interesting to know what SF and PF said during the phone call that PF made after the murder .
Unfortunately, there is no way to subpoena that call and find out what was discussed, correct ?
I'd like to know what SF's role may have been.
Were there 2 people who wanted Kelsey gone forever ?

No wonder she's invoked the 5th and is no longer cooperating.

It's not clear and I wondered the same thing. The affidavit says:

11. Between 1254-1317 hours also on November 22. 2018, Frazee is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in Woodland Park, Colorado with a baby carrier with a similar blanket as seen in the Safeway footage. Although [redact] cannot be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier. Frazee told a Woodland Park Police Officer that he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside of her residence to exchange custody of the child. Investigators believe this exchange did indeed happen since Frazee appeared at Walmart with and this is the last known in person sighting of Berreth.

12. At approximately 1324 hours, also on November 22. 2018, an individual that matches the physical description of Frazee is captured on a neighbor's surveillance camera entering the front door of Berreth's residence. This photograph contradicts Frazee's timeline provided to investigators.

13. The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of Frazee at Berreth's residence at or about 1536hours. It is noted that around this time, Frazee's phone records indicated that he called his mother and Krystal Lee

To be at Thanksgiving at 2:30, he would have had to get out of KB's unseen by the camera, go to Thanksgiving for a few minutes and be back by 3:36. I don't know how far away the Thanksgiving celebration was from KB's.
From KB's door to PF's, it's 17 miles or 25 minute drive one way.

Good Gawd, why would anybody allow her to hide out at their house? I wouldn't want that trash in my house- I'd be afraid she'd be thirsty for another kill. Seriously, I don't think this woman should be roaming the streets.

Anyone foolish enough to let her stay better toss all their food and beverages in the trash and sleep with one eye open, in a securely locked room, with a loaded gun and baseball bat on either side of them. No way, no how. Forgetaboutit!

I wouldn’t answer her call.

Good Gawd, why would anybody allow her to hide out at their house? I wouldn't want that trash in my house- I'd be afraid she'd be thirsty for another kill. Seriously, I don't think this woman should be roaming the streets.

Anyone foolish enough to let her stay better toss all their food and beverages in the trash and sleep with one eye open, in a securely locked room, with a loaded gun and baseball bat on either side of them. No way, no how. Forgetaboutit!
Exactly! You better believe the are awake now.

It'd be interesting to know what SF and PF said during the phone call that PF made after the murder .
Unfortunately, there is no way to subpoena that call and find out what was discussed, correct ?
I'd like to know what SF's role may have been.
Were there 2 people who wanted Kelsey gone forever ?

No wonder she's invoked the 5th and is no longer cooperating.
Yeah, the details of that phone call are known only to PF and SF, and neither will tell the truth about it.

We also may never know what SF saw, her involvement (if any), and her true feelings about Kelsey.

Legally, I think she’s safe though.

No bullets in KB gun?

Possibly. What are the chances that a borrowed car that just happened to have KK's friend's gun in it was the same caliber as KB's gun? That seems too coincidental if it's the case. The friend had to have known and KK asked to borrow that gun specifically with the car. And that would also mean KK knew about KB's gun before her trip too... In which case, why would KK mess around with poisoning coffee and planning ways to beat her to death? Why not just plan to use KB's gun that PF already had? This whole mess of a story is just too crazy to believe. :eek:

Yeah, the details of that phone call are known only to PF and SF, and neither will tell the truth about it.

We also may never know what SF saw, her involvement (if any), and her true feelings about Kelsey.

Which just ticks me right off… I know you’re right though. Dammit

What? Where did they meet? How did they meet each other? And where can I find all this info?

If you go to @SamKraemerTV, Sam narrated from the courtroom during the hearing so you can read all the details ... you would need to scroll back to about 28hrs ago to start reading from the beginning. I also believe other posters have listed links for the avidavit released this morning and other sources explaining what transpired yesterday in court. It was shocking to say the least!

If you go to @SamKraemerTV, Sam narrated from the courtroom during the hearing so you can read all the details ... you would need to scroll back to about 28hrs ago to start reading from the beginning. I also believe other posters have listed links for the avidavit released this morning and other sources explaining what transpired yesterday in court. It was shocking to say the least!
Is there a recap for the lazy?

Hey guys- I’m at work and trying to keep up so I hope I didn’t miss this.

Does the arrest affidavit make it appear that PF’s brother didn’t tell the truth about PF’s whereabouts on thanksgiving?

I thought he said PF was at the house around the same time he was seen on camera at Walmart.

I noticed that he was very vague about that. He said that it was sometime after 2:30. But that could have been 10 at night. He wasn't any help in nailing the time frame down. In my opinion.

I noticed that he was very vague about that. He said that it was sometime after 2:30. But that could have been 10 at night. He wasn't any help in nailing the time frame down. In my opinion.
This is exactly the type of thing that the prosecution will dig into at trial.

They’ll account for every minute that they can.

Yesterday wasn’t about that though.

Possibly. What are the chances that a borrowed car that just happened to have KK's friend's gun in it was the same caliber as KB's gun? That seems too coincidental if it's the case. The friend had to have known and KK asked to borrow that gun specifically with the car. And that would also mean KK knew about KB's gun before her trip too... In which case, why would KK mess around with poisoning coffee and planning ways to beat her to death? Why not just plan to use KB's gun that PF already had? This whole mess of a story is just too crazy to believe. :eek:

Plus, I'm sure PF has guns that could have been used and destroyed, had he opted not to use a baseball bat. I don't think MG's gun enters into it, though it is odd if she's to be believed.

Legally, but if her son's accomplice runs amok for too much longer and her son tries to railroad her in court, she just might want to move to a high secure assisted living or something. Let's face it, KK is just as cunning as PF, getting friends to change cars and create alibis, even an Aunti's around to drop off coffee.

I wonder where Patrick came up with the idea to use Krystal to help get rid of Kelsey.

I've speculated that he knew some secret about her that she didn't want to get out.

We see that she went along with him to do this, tried on three occasions, but didn't go through with them. I still think she did poison the coffee and was upset that Kelsey didn't die then. I think she panicked, because after telling Patrick that she knew exactly what to put in the coffee to kill Kelsey, and it appears Kelsey didn't drink it, she made the flimsy excuse that she just couldn't do it. To which he said something along the lines of "next time". Because there was no evidence of this coffee being poisoned, she knew she could get away with a lie saying she didn't poison it after all, as there was no evidence of it.

Amazingly, she drives again from Idaho to kill Kelsey with a steel rod, couldn't do it, drops it back off at Ma's ranch, and drives back to Idaho.

Then she drives a third time with a baseball bat, doesn't go through with it, drives back to Idaho.

I think she was hoping the first chance worked- less mess to clean up, no blood. Yes, she is a nurse and is used to seeing blood, but it's quite different seeing a patient's blood from testing, surgery or an accident, versus the blood from a murder either you committed or your boyfriend. For most people, even being in the medical profession, that would make you sick to your stomach, knowing that another human being suffered at someone else's hands- especially your boyfriend!

Then on Thanksgiving, she gets a call to come and clean up his mess. And she does it! Drives all the way back from Idaho to do this. Just how did this woman get so much time off from work to do all of this driving to Colorado to attempt murder? I mean, didn't co-workers, family, friends, notice any change in her- jumpy, upset, scared, irritated, or did they assume she was going through peri-menopause or menopause? Especially after Thanksgiving- when she came back from cleaning up, she didn't act any different? She went and partied in LV afterwards?

This certainly doesn't sound like a woman groomed to me. She either wanted PF bad enough to do whatever it took to get him, or he had some secret he held over her head, and she helped to silence him. She did this for selfish reasons, in my opinion.
I think so too - the time off work, away from her children, money for gas and hotels? She was in it for her own reasons IMO.

Thank you so much.

The coffee thing is confusing. Why would she deliver coffee to someone she hadn't met? Why would KB say, "Oh, thanks stranger!" And take it?

Yes, and what was going on with her aunt waiting in the car? If KB had invited KK inside, would she have gone and left her aunt sitting in the car? What did she tell the aunt - I'm getting a particular co
He may have been abusive towards her, but she might not have seen it that way. She was out late the night before helping him with cattle. She also ran and got him medicine. She may have been planning to have Thanksgiving dinner with him. And she apparently let him blindfold her to play a candle scent guessing game.

That doesn’t seem to me like she feared him.

This. The late night and PF's (allegedly) ulcer was probably why KB's Thanksgiving plans were so up in the air. I don't believe she planned to give Baby K to PF that day. I think she thought their plans would depend at least partly on how his ulcer was.

SF supposedly came out and witnessed PF and KK burning KB and the evidence. The judge says she didn't have to testify (yet) because someone else (KK) could provide the same evidence against PF. IIRC, the burn took several hours.

I find it hard to believe that KK and PF stood outside in the cold watching the burn for hours and neither one ever had to use the bathroom or get a drink of water or just sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member