IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, his name is trending on Twitter..his arrest is filling up my facebook feed, and the level of people weighing in on how they feel about this is getting so heated...how come I feel that Jussie is going to somehow maintain he is STILL the victim through this and turn this all on the CPD saying that they had it in for him??

Well, his name is trending on Twitter..his arrest is filling up my facebook feed, and the level of people weighing in on how they feel about this is getting so heated...how come I feel that Jussie is going to somehow maintain he is STILL the victim through this and turn this all on the CPD saying that they had it in for him??

Yep I can see the race card being played by Jussie. But it looks like they have enough evidence to put this on him so he won’t get away with it.

So my burning question is - why did he not use White Friends to pull this stunt off?

If you want to scream racist , homophobic and MAGA attack it would make sense to use your white pals to pull this off, no?!
Maybe he doesn't have any white pals. Or maybe he tried and his white friends refused to go along with it.

“Who the f— would make something like this up?” Smollett told Roberts.

Jussie Smollett charged with felony disorderly conduct, prosecutors say

Jussie, Look in the mirror.

Yes, it's really mind boggling that ANYONE could even THINK of doing such a dangerous hurtful crime, much less premeditate it all, and then carry their wicked plan out.

What makes me so furious is he knew beforehand before he even came out with all of his lies, there was a chance it could end badly for innocent others. I even wonder if he wanted that to actually happen? It sends chills up my spine.

Did he want others to throw the city into a tailspin, and civil unrest because of what he claimed had happened to HIM?

It does indeed show how narcissistic this man truly is. Everything is all about HIM, and no one else mattered.

He didn't care if anyone may have gotten hurt or that innocent white men may have been unfairly arrested based solely on being in the area, and were of the white race.

He made every white man a target there who simply may have been in the area at the time, and were white men.

If that is not perpetrating a hate crime against a certain race, then I dont know what is.

It is a horrific example of a hate crime made against someone solely based on their race, and the color of their skin, and in this case based also on their political affiliation. They were his specific targets.

He purposefully targeted this particular group. How more hateful can one get when falsely targeting those he already knew had no part in this supposedly hate crime claim?

What he has been charged with doesnt comport with all of the dangerous criminal acts he has actually done.

He should have to reimburse the city, and police department for every dime spent while having to investigate his hoax.

He deserves much more severe charges imo.

Disorderly conduct? Really? Seriously? That makes no sense to me based on what we know he did.

It's far more serious than disorderly conduct. Imo. What kind of message does that send? That he gets the same charge a drunk would get if he/she is out on the street being disorderly?

I hold out hope the feds will bring much more serious charges against him, that alines more with the crimes he actually did.

Imo

Last edited:
So my burning question is - why did he not use White Friends to pull this stunt off?

If you want to scream racist , homophobic and MAGA attack it would make sense to use your white pals to pull this off, no?!
I would think when approached with such an idea, not many people are going to jump at the "opportunity." I presume he got those he could get to do it.

Many moons ago I sold beer to a minor unintentionally while working at a convenience store. Police got all my info, issued me citation maybe. Anyway the nice man in blue told me that i was to consider myself under arrest & I got to finish out my shift etc. SO- I have been "arrested" but never had to go to jail, never had to go in to be booked or anything-just charged. As for JS & "evading", maybe check the statements by LE in this link. To me it implies that they are going to do whatever it takes to bring him in. Jmo

'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett charged with felony disorderly conduct for filing false report after allegedly staging attack: Police
That sucks. Some people get really upset when asked for an ID. We were told to ask everybody for an ID if they were buying alcohol or cigarettes and I recall some people being furious.

I disagree, this was purely political. There are a million other stunts he could have pulled to get his name out there without having to use MAGA, a rope, and the racial and homophobic slurs. He had an agenda.
I think it was a bit of both. He saw himself as a savior and martyr. I bet there will be several PhD theses to come out of this.

Watching WGN news. CDP spokesperson Ahern said Jussie turned himself in at 5:00 A.M. and is currently being processed.

Finally, Jussie takes a sensible action!

Who called it? We called it.

A victory for people with common sense... (For the record, I have no problem believing that one of the outlandish things JS said happened, could be true. Maybe, depending upon the details of the situation, I'd stretch to two and label it weird hops out of kin for human beings. What I have a problem with, is believing that five or six outlandish things he said could have happened in a perfect storm, to bring all the people involved to this particular place.)

ETA to add: While I'm sure there are other additional charges that could be brought if the city wanted to, my reading of the "disorderly conduct" statute says that it is used for situations such as calling in a bomb threat hoax or pulling the fire alarm where there is no fire; so I can see logically why the Chicago police department would apply it.

Disorderly conduct? Really? Seriously? That makes no sense to me based on what we know he did.

It's far more serious than disorderly conduct. Imo. What kind of message does that send? That he gets the same charge a drunk would get if he/she is out on the street being disorderly?

I hold out hope the feds will bring much more serious charges against him, that alines more with the crimes he actually did.

Imo

The charge is felony disorderly conduct, which is not the same charge some drunk making noise in the street would get. It's what fits for filing a false police report:
https://www.dennisdwyerlaw.com/illinois-attorney-disorderly-conduct
I think this is just the beginning of charges that he faces with this being a placeholder until further state and federal charges happen as the results of lab work and subpoenas come in.

He will probably get special treatment. Ugh. I wish he would have to do a perp walk, panty exchange, the whole experience.

His bail is probably already arranged, quick picture, quick fingerprint, he is out.

I wonder who is paying for his attorneys and disaster management services?

The charge of "Disorderly Conduct" is offensive. He could have been responsible for people getting killed.

The charge is felony disorderly conduct, which is not the same charge some drunk making noise in the street would get. It's what fits for filing a false police report:
https://www.dennisdwyerlaw.com/illinois-attorney-disorderly-conduct
I think this is just the beginning of charges that he faces with this being a placeholder until further state and federal charges happen as the results of lab work and subpoenas come in.

Maybe the charge that's been listed is the charge they thought they could reasonably get a conviction for, based upon the evidence they had. Something like "trying to foment a race war", for example, would be a stretch, IMO, MOO; not least of which rationale is that JS's father is Jewish, so. Not that that gives him a free pass, but I can see someone arguing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni