IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he treated his co-workers is another example of his selfishness. He put the two brothers at risk of going to jail, of course, and he also put ALL of his co-workers on the show in a very uncomfortable position - do they defend him, doubt him, remain silent? Whatever they did, there would be critics....through no fault of their own. And now they are left to figure out what to do with the storyline on the show. It's not the worse thing in the world in comparison to all the crimes we follow, but purposefully causing stress and confusion to your co-workers is so self-centered and disrespectful.

jmo

When he was arrested for DUI, he impersonated his little brother. Can you imagine? This man is shameless.

So much for that salary increase. Bet the Empire folks are pissed off now too.

AND AND AND......

That statement from them that said they were not going to write him out - well, iffen he gets "some time" how they gonna do that? Film him from the prison yard? This PC just sealed his fate on that show - JMHO.

I don't get the logic here. He was not happy with his salary...... So being a victim of a hate crime would make him so popular with the Empire viewers that it would warrant a pay raise?
I think it’s easy. Smollett preyed upon existing fears of the predominantly LGBTQ / black audience to gain sympathy and popularity. Greed and narcissism.

The odd thing in this is that Jussie had the perfect occupation to draw attention to hate crimes against LGBT in a perfectly legal way. He could have produced a Youtube simulation of that attack, he could have produced a play, he could have had it written into a script. He had tons of legal ways to draw attention.

What a dumb***
Ya, that wouldn't have compensated as much as being a martyr for his Trump MAGA narrative. If it was true (the attack) He would have been the face in the upcoming elections in 2020 for like minded candidates, he could have restructured his deal on Empire with Fox since he would be the face, his music career would have taken off much like the concerts after the attack did, and all the things you mentioned before.. just dumb

What it did do is expose bias, take up resources, divide us further, smear doubters, smear Trump supporters, hurt the gay community, hurt true victims, hurt the black community, and take all of his well intention supporters for fools.. just dumb..

Make an example and let us be skeptical going forward with these claims as the police take every claim seriously and lets re- examine the results once we have the facts..

Don't believe that salary was the reason behind this incident at all. More lies...

He wanted to be a martyr for, as he called it, "His village."
He wanted to perpetuate the idea that Orange Man bad with his MAGA threat letter, and red hats.
He wanted to perpetuate the idea with the noose as a promotion of HR35.
He wanted to perpetuate the idea of bleach, with white people racist.

If he wanted to create an just an incident for salary, with him being a victim, no need for MAGA, red hats, nooses, and bleach.

MOO, OINK, SQUEEL, CHIRP...

Here's how it could have increased his salary and/or standing: we live in a world where likes, follows, followers equates bigger pay rates. The more popular you are the more in demand the more fame and money. To be a victim of a hate crime would have garnered him, in his deranged mind, more clout. It is sick and wrong on so many levels. Shame on him!

AND AND AND......

That statement from them that said they were not going to write him out - well, iffen he gets "some time" how they gonna do that? Film him from the prison yard? This PC just sealed his fate on that show - JMHO.

I hope so because if this is not causing a major "disruption in the workplace" then I dont know what is.

Causing major disruptions in the workplace is a no-no in most all companies.

I am sure his legal team knows that the feds could be coming with much more serious charges- I will not be surprised to see them plea all of this down to lesser charges, although I'd like to think that the public outrage may keep that from happening.

The show is a re-imaging of King Lear with him like Cordelia and a desire to keep the show going as long as the ratings hold. With his celebrity he could propel himself to becoming the new lead. Just from what I know of the show, I was expecting that to happen anyway, but the show could have been cancelled by then. This is why I'm side-eyeing Frank and others as they stand to benefit if the show got back its ratings since it tanked after season 2.

I agree 100%. I believe as self centered as he seems to be, he may have convinced himself that by his actions he would not only "save the show" but also get "star" pay at the same time. Anderson Cooper touched on it the other night. In paraphrasing, he pretty much said that as an actor he's really not "all that". With that being said, I would not be a bit surprised if the show's ratings don't pick up. People are going to see how or IF he is written out of the show. The public is a fickled entity.

JMO

AND AND AND......

To be fair to the show and it's cast- they were put in a very sticky situation. No matter which way they handled it, it was going to cause outrage. Maybe they meant his character wouldn't be written out- perhaps a new actor will take over- it's been done numerous times over the years on shows.

Now if they defend him after hearing all of this- defend his actions, his character, then I sure will have lost respect for anyone that does. I've never watched this show so I am just trying to be fair to them all. He's put so many people in a hard sport- family, friends, co-workers on the show, etc. Imagine those who believed him- who backed him up and now find out he lied all along. That can be devastating for those around you who love, trust and care about you.

What I would like to see....

First, let the FBI charge him with whatever they deem fit. Then, just drop him off the radar.

He did this for attention, for greed, for his ego. Why give him that? Whether famous or infamous. Just put him in a cell and leave him there - forget him. No news articles, no interviews, no coverage of him in the courtrooms, etc. etc. etc.

Face it - he needs help. Cut the spotlight and let him fade, get the help he needs. Then, and only then, can we (as a people, country, civilization) move on with more positive change.

JMHO

I'm sad, I think hes bipolar like me or has some issues, hes really asking for help with that being said, dang it I really wish he hadn't done this, I think a hefty fine and some mental institution instead of prison would be better , for lack of a better description, hes a cutie and will get his salad tossed in prison.

I'm sad I think hes bipolar like me or has some issues hes really asking for help with that being said dang it I really wish he hadn't done this I think a hefty fine and some mental institution instead of prison would be better , for lack of a better description, hes a cutie and will get his salad tossed in prison.
I know you know this but....you don't get to escape jail time because you're cute.

jmo

I'm sad, I think hes bipolar like me or has some issues, hes really asking for help with that being said, dang it I really wish he hadn't done this, I think a hefty fine and some mental institution instead of prison would be better , for lack of a better description, hes a cutie and will get his salad tossed in prison.
He will fit right in , in a prison. Lots of other people with mental issues to visit with...moo

Charlie De Mar‏Verified account @CharlieDeMar
Chicago Police release map of Jussie Smollett’s movements the night he allegedly filed false police report. @cbschicago #JussieSmollett

Dz8VR26X4AAMrxC.jpg

Dz8VR24XQAAF5go.jpg

11:27 AM - 21 Feb 2019
1 reply4 retweets9 likes

Fox Backs Jussie Smollett Anew As “Consummate Professional” While Police Attack Probe Continues & Lawyers Talk

Let’s not forget what Fox said last night. He was obviously such a professional at his job that he did this. Let’s be honest if he was white and straight he would of been hung out to dry before today.

Let’s see how Fox and Empire now react to this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv