CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let me ask this and I sincerely apologize if it'a already been discussed. If a person (KK) takes a plea and then it turns out said person is the one who actually committed say, a murder, the LE & DA then cannot arrest said person for Murder? Are there ANY charges that said person could be arrested for? Or once you take a deal, you are completely protected from any further charges?
The deal is contingent upon her being truthful.

If it is found that she is not being truthful, the prosecution has every right to tear up the deal, and pursue more serious charges.

So, let me ask this and I sincerely apologize if it'a already been discussed. If a person (KK) takes a plea and then it turns out said person is the one who actually committed say, a murder, the LE & DA then cannot arrest said person for Murder? Are there ANY charges that said person could be arrested for? Or once you take a deal, you are completely protected from any further charges?

If KK actually killed KB (which I don't think she did) and police discover she did it, they absolutely would abandon the plea deal and go after her with murder charges.

yup. KK realized she did not have it in her to murder. but could easily clean up one. i think that's why she looks so weird in the booking photo. she now realizes what a dead soul she is. can't fake it anymore.
All this stuff is just so crazy. Booking photos, gun 1 and gun 2, tote burning in trough, poisoned coffee, tooth in vent (so crazy I’m finding myself wondering which tooth was found in vent when I see pix of KB smiling), pipe as weapon, 3am cattle checks and ulcer medicine.

PF and KK: psychopaths and totally crazy and bizarre people. And such incredibly unhappy and unfulfilled people. Damaged.

How to tell if someone is miserable with their own lives? They try to destroy someone else’s life. In this case they destroyed KBs life along with several others. There will also be the legacy burden or generational trauma. KKs kids, baby K.

PF and KK have no clue.

The missing bullet is a big thing thing. Where is it and why is her best friend pointing it out if she helps her hide her location and let’s her borrow her car with a loaded gun.
Maybe it's actually Megan who is trying to leave clues for LE.
Although it is possible that the missing bullet has nothing to do with the case. Maybe she just forgot that someone else had used the gun or was not remembering correctly how many bullets were in it. Jmo

Not that it makes all that much difference, but what could the two of them possibly have been arguing about with regard to finances? They didn't live together in January 2017, and if my math is right, she wasn't even pregnant yet or so early in the pregnancy she probably hadn't missed yet (right, the baby was born in October?), and had only been living in CO less than a year--so their relationship wasn't even a year old yet. ??
Not getting this. Need help. CB told Agent Slater that PF had KB's gun because during an argument about finances KB held a gun to her head and indicated she might as well "kill" herself. Right? What I don't understand is, did KB tell CB that story or did PF? I think my brain is reaching critical mass and is about to explode :)

I just can’t concede to KK’s story there is way more to this or way less to this. It just does not make sense from the candle bat beating to missing bullet to 3x trying to commit this murder including Starbucks poisoning to missing pings her coming to Colorado multiple times her absurd cleanup theory to destruction of body in a bonfire. So many missing pieces that hopefully LE has all the answers to that will make sense of this grandiose story. I just hope they can pull it all together and get all involved the justice deserved.
"You can't put reason to evil". - One of the investigators in the Jayme Closs case.

Maybe it's actually Megan who is trying to leave clues for LE.
Although it is possible that the missing bullet has nothing to do with the case. Maybe she just forgot that someone else had used the gun or was not remembering correctly how many bullets were in it. Jmo
Yes. It’s likely unrelated to all of this, but it still could use an explanation.

Two solicitations that involved using blunt objects.

The actual murder scene, that contained the type of blood evidence that one would expect from a blunt object.

PF apparently telling KK that he used a baseball bat.

If he used a gun, the evidence doesn’t seem to support it in any way.

Ha! Couldn’t agree more.

This ain’t complicated, unless you want it to be.

Just two days ago we were given the motherlode of new information.

Stuff we've been waiting for, for months.

It's good you've got it locked down. :) I'm still trying comprehend it all.

It's mind boggling. It's horrible. It's hard to take it all in at once.

Last edited:

I will say, my mind was completely blown on Tuesday. My jaw hit the floor repeatedly. First, I was like---no way, she met her!!!! Wait, come again? She went to KB's house under the pretense of offering her coffee and friendship? Wait, whatttt? She was supposed to poison it? Then a few weeks later, she drove all the way to Colorado again to attack KB with a metal rod and then chickened? No way---a week later she drove down AGAIN and waited outside her house with the plan of jumping out and beating her with a bat right there in the parking lot? Noooo way! And if that wasn't enough, PF called her on Thanksgiving and told KK she "had a mess to clean up," and she actually drove down with cleaning materials and scrubbed the blood bath clean???? And she picked up teeth that had roots still attached to it? And then they had a huge bonfire at MaFra's house and MaFra saw it?

Because she came down to CO and cleaned up the murder scene. She wanted to hide that. She wanted to hide when she left and returned.

There is no evidence she was there before that and if she was, there would be (like her ex's statement or phone pings which later occurred). In addition, there is evidence she was not in CO on that date: She borrowed a car on the 23rd proving she was in ID on the 23rd. It makes no sense that she drove to CO Thanksgiving day or the day before, helped with the murder, then rushed back up, then borrowed a car and rushed back down and then back up again, yet while PF and KB are seen on surveillance at her house, and PF is seen there at 3:30 p.m. or so, contrary to his own statements, KB is not seen on surveillance at KB's home on that date at all. And a witness who has no reason to lie does not state she was missing around Thanksgiving, which he would know as they still lived together and have kids.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

No. The affidavit does NOT state that they do not have KK’s location on the date of murder. It also does not state that they don’t have her phone pings for that time period. It says they don’t have her Google location history for her email account for the dates “surrounding the murder” and it states she got a new phone on 12-4-18, after PF’s phone was confiscated by LE.

Clearly they obtained her phone records and ping data for her old phone because they had the ping data for 11-23 through 11-25. She got a new one on 12-4-18.

It's not clear what her phone records say about where the phone pinged prior to the 23rd. She obviously made an effort to turn off the Google tracking so it's also possible that she did the same with her phone.

I was curious about whether a phone would ping while turned off so I googled. Unfortunately, I got conflicting answers. One mentioned removing the SIM card would prevent any tracking. That makes sense sense unless there's some other backdoor device in phones that connects to towers, which is possible. Here's something I found from a detective which addresses the issue of the battery, as well as a little bag you can put your phone in to block all signals:

Can the police track your cell phone if it's turned off?

https://www.quora.com/Can-the-police-track-your-cell-phone-if-its-turned-off

I know nothing about tech so I have no clue. I know I read that KK's phone was a Samsung and you can do different things with different phones (like remove the battery) but I don't know her phone and model. I suppose we'll learn more about her phone(s) and phone records at trial. Until that time, I've seen no claims of technological proof that her phone was in Idaho prior to the 23rd. So, what we have are people she's close to saying that. Given the shady nature of the flying monkeys who have been doing her bidding, I prefer other evidence, be that tech/phone records and/or local pings or her caught on some local CCTV. Until I see that, I'm open to the possibility that she may have been in Colorado. Considering the fact that she traveled thousands of miles, in a couple of months, to stalk Kelsey and, by her own account, came close to murdering her (pipe & baseball bat - HER bat, btw) I'm of the opinion that she was very f-ing serious about wanting Kelsey dead.

None of that absolves Patrick Frazee of anything.

Oh, and, if the neighbors security cam showed Frazee at Kelsey's, it should also show KK when she arrived and left the scene, right? If such footage exists, it could explain LE being certain KK didn't enter Kelsey's home until the 24th.

Just two days ago we were giving the motherlode of new information.

The information lends itself to questions, but I don’t see any plausible way that one can spin some alternate theory that KK was the killer.

That’s the thing I’m arguing against.

I’m convinced that PF killed Kelsey, and that it mostly happened the way that KK said it did.

Does anybody really believe that LE just took KK at her word? As in Ahh that seems plausible enough. Thats not how LE investigators work IMO. They vetted and vetted every single detail that KK spewed from her mouth. Do you really think they don't want to get the person that is most culpable for this murder? Do you really think that KK is such a good manipulator that she was able to pull the wool over the eyes of local LE, the CBI and the FBI? I think she is getting way too much credit IMO.............she's not that smart, she got cornered and sang like a canary..MOO

ITA. This case is the most convoluted case I've ever followed. People are acting like it is simple, when two weeks ago the majority on here thought there was no way that KK was more involved than just getting the phone and bringing it back to Idaho. The thought of her cleaning up a blood bath would've been absurd and not conforming to Occam's Razor.

"You can't put reason to evil". - One of the investigators in the Jayme Closs case.
Agreed- is there any reason KK would lie about actually going to CO to kill KB but not going through with it? I’m trying to understand this level of devotion to PF and I’m convinced PF is the killer and she did the cleanup and I’m awaiting the rest of the evidence JMO

The missing bullet is a big thing thing. Where is it and why is her best friend pointing it out if she helps her hide her location and let’s her borrow her car with a loaded gun.
It seems very unlikely that MG just forgot about the loaded gun in her car which she allowed KK to borrow. She knows KK has small children. KK's kids could find the loaded gun and shoot themselves. I think MG told KK about the loaded gun which ended up with one less bullet than when she gave it to KK.
MOO

I for one am not surprised KKL knew & had been at KB’s. I’ve stated many times KKL’s obsession with P made me think she befriended KB, at least thru texts.
A woman so obsessed must “see” the other woman. They study them, they need to know every detail of her life. I’ve known women that could not let go of a past love.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member