GUILTY UK - Viktorija Sokolova, 14, Murdered, Wolverhampton W. Mids, 11 April 2018 *Arrests*

Exactly. When they charged him with raping her after her death there was at least some basis for the jury to conclude he was there during the murder. When that turned out to be not provable, and since the verdict they say the evidence that the sex was not consensual is that she was murdered - not because of medical evidence of injury after death - the case folds in on itself IMO. The burden of proof has to be higher than jumping to conclusions.

BIB that stands out for me - it is not a rational conclusion at all.

I don't know, I've found some pictures of the West Park Wolverhampton boating lake but perhaps @sar2them1984 might be able to tell us if it's within throwing distance.

Sorry only just been back on - got locked out. Its deffo not within throwing distance for the average person

West_Park_Wolverhampton_cb03854_uxga.jpg

Case here where 16 year old was found guilty of murder - not named at the time but, judge lifted reporting restrictions after he'd passed sentance - which in this case was 10 years. There were mitigating circumstances - the victim had gone to the 16 year olds home, with a knuckle duster, ready to fight BUT, the sentence if 10 years just doesn't seem enough really ...

I would expect Viktorijas killer to get substantially longer.

Perhaps the reporting restrictions will be lifted in February when he's sentanced?

Derek Whyteside murder: Teenage Telford killer named and sentenced to life in prison

13:18
Why can't we name murderer?
Black Country Live has appealed to the judge to have reporting restrictions lifted, so we can name the murderer.

However, as it stands, this article explains why we are unable to.

14:27
Defendant being brought into court
Looks like things are about to get underway.

14:33
Under way
The hearing has started and the 17-year-old is in the dock, waiting to hear his fate.

Teen who raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova learns jail term

14:42
There was a 'significant degree' of planning
Louise Oakley, prosecuting, is addressing the court.

She said: “The defendant, now 17, has no previous convictions recorded against him.”

Outlining the aggravating features of the case, she continued: “This was a brutal murder involving repeated use of weapon to inflict severe injuries to the head and back of Viktorija.”

She said the murder involved a sexual conduct, adding: “Viktorija was vulnerable and there was a significant degree of planning.”

She also referred to the “degrading position” Viktorija’s body was found in, slumped over the arm of the park bench.

She added: “There were attempts by the defendant to get rid of and destroy evidence in this case.”

14:49
Moving statement from Viktorija’s mother read to court
A moving statement from Viktorija’s mother Karolina Valantiniene has been read to the court.

It said: “April 12 was the horrible day of my life. That day, I left for work as normal and was asked to go to the office.

“My world fell apart. I wasn’t able to fully comprehend what was happening.

“It felt like there was no tears left and my heart was torn to pieces.

“She was dreaming about going to university and passing her driving test, her first new car.

“There will never be her turning 18 and what about her future family and children?

“I was scared and felt left alone. There will never be a Mother’s Day for me again and I have no idea how I will carry on my life now.

“The time has stopped for me now as a desire to live.

“Viktorija was the purpose of my life.

“I wanted to die together with her.

“I never thought something terrible like this could happen to me.

“My husband has been a great support for me. I was not able to return to work for long time. I started taking medication and have been taking it since.

“Why are there such terrible people in this world?”

15:17KEY EVENT
Killer 'was paranoid schizophrenic'
Adam Kane QC, for the defendant, is now addressing the court.

He said the 17-year-old was a paranoid schizophrenic.

He said that the teenager had not attended school for many months prior to Viktorija’s death, nor had he been taking the anti-psychotic medication he was supposed to.

The court was told that when he was 15, his mental health had rapidly deteriorated and on one occasion he had been found lying naked in the garden during a rain storm.

15:18
'Experiencing hallucinations' after arrest
Mr Kane added the defendant was “mentally unwell” when he came into police custody following his arrest and was experiencing hallucinations.

15:21
'His lifestyle was heavily burdened by his mental health'
He continued: “His lifestyle was heavily burdened by his mental health at the time of the offence.”

According to a pre-sentence report, the teen had been “compliant and passive” during his time on remand and had not displayed any aggressive tendencies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back