Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why if she had been in that guys car why they can't charge with abduction. Apologies if this has been said before, but they woukd have found traces of libby in there, a hair, something.. I'm starting to think this guy has had help. I'm not sure have much confidence in this investigation at all. The media also seems to have died down which is worrying if guy responsible is still out there.

Forgive me if I sound naive, but is it possible that the 26th December voyeurism charge WAS actually still one of the charges on the court date, but it just wasn't listed in MSM for some reason? Or is it possible that there was actually just some sort of miscommunication within the media and he was never actually being charged for the Boxing Day offense, or was always the July one, but it was reported incorrectly in MSM? Just trying to think of reasons that it didn't appear on the list of charges in court.

I wondered why that had changed but then wondered if, at this point, the police wanted to concentrate resources on the Libby case. It would make sense if your primary aim was keeping him off the streets to stick to easy to prove charges with clear evidence rather than spend time building a case for other charges. Time for that later.

Reactions: bos
What I don't understand is why if she had been in that guys car why they can't charge with abduction. Apologies if this has been said before, but they woukd have found traces of libby in there, a hair, something.. I'm starting to think this guy has had help. I'm not sure have much confidence in this investigation at all. The media also seems to have died down which is worrying if guy responsible is still out there.

The police were given the maximum time to question him which is difficult so I guess they do have something.

When he was arrested his sister claimed he had found a crying girl and offered to take her home. He'd put her address in his sat nav and then she'd come on to him and he'd pushed her away. So he's already fed his sister a pre prepared excuse to have DNA and her address in his car and possibly blood. He could be sticking to that story. That is why I think he'd planned to abduct someone and she was just unlucky. But that's my personal fear.

Personally, I think probably because she was seen to be distressed. Outside the Welly, although a little drunk, she was ok.
Yep, reckon she was pretty much in trouble at this stage with drink and not being able to get into house. But that part of the cctv would be very interesting as it will not only show how bearded guy approached but also PR parked round corner smoking coming round and then leading her back to car, this is why he was arrested as it was probably clear it was him but if he is sticking to his story of giving her a lift it's up to police to try and find other evidence to nab him...

PR might well be openly admitting LS was in his car. I don’t think he’s denying that. MSM interviewed mother and sister who both acknowledged that to be the case. To prosecute on a charge of abduction it would suggest she was taken unwillingly, without consent. Whilst hair, fibres, DNA can put her in that vehicle, the circumstances under which she came to be there are unclear. So they can only take his word for what happened. And if his word is ‘she was distressed so as a good Samaritan I took her home’ LE will have to prove otherwise.

Does anyone know / have any ideas why the cctv footage of LS sat on the bench at 1140 hasnt been released to the public? We have the welly cctv so why not that?

Possibly because it could jeopardise any future trial and they don't need to identify anyone in that cctv because they have already done so.

They will only release something that they need help with, they are not going to release footage just for the sake of it.

Possibly because it could jeopardise any future trial and they don't need to identify anyone in that cctv because they have already done so.

They will only release something that they need help with, they are not going to release footage just for the sake of it.

The Welly footage was released by the media..as was the Howarth St footage.

The only footage LE have released themselves was a few days back when they appealed for the 4 people caught on cctv near Oak Road.

Because if the accused evidence is he dropped Libby off at her house or elsewhere and drove off - how will the police prove abduction?

In all these cases, SOP is to wait for the Libby to turn up and then charge the appropriate crime.

The police were given the maximum time to question him which is difficult so I guess they do have something.

When he was arrested his sister claimed he had found a crying girl and offered to take her home. He'd put her address in his sat nav and then she'd come on to him and he'd pushed her away. So he's already fed his sister a pre prepared excuse to have DNA and her address in his car and possibly blood. He could be sticking to that story. That is why I think he'd planned to abduct someone and she was just unlucky. But that's my personal fear.
Regarding PR's satnav we dont know if it was on his phone or a in car one but all in car satnavs (tomtom,garmin) log journey details, times speeds routes taken so they would know for certain if PR picked her up and where he dropped her off and even if PR deleted it its still forensically there. any IT guy on here will back me up on this. How do you think LE catch deleted material in paedo cases

Regarding PR's satnav we dont know if it was on his phone or a in car one but all in car satnavs (tomtom,garmin) log journey details, times speeds routes taken so they would know for certain if PR picked her up and where he dropped her off and even if PR deleted it its still forensically there. any IT guy on here will back me up on this. How do you think LE catch deleted material in paedo cases

His model of car did not have built in sat nav.

If he used his phone a Tom Tom or garmin they can only get this information if they recovered the device.

He could have thrown them in a skip for all we know.

His model of car did not have built in sat nav.

If he used his phone a Tom Tom or garmin they can only get this information if they recovered the device.

He could have thrown them in a skip for all we know.
Yeah unfortunately this could be so

Am completely split in two as am sure a lot are.
How can someone apparently so blasé with his bodily fluids then be so careful so no clues are left enough to charge him. I can't get my head around this.
Yes and if hes guilty why didnt he clean house and get rid of all the incriminating burglary items ?
And why arnt there any witnesses ? Its a busy park , the recent cctv showes theres still people milling about at 2am.
And wheres the body ?

Yes and if hes guilty why didnt he clean house and get rid of all the incriminating burglary items ?
And why arnt there any witnesses ? Its a busy park , the recent cctv showes theres still people milling about at 2am.
And wheres the body ?

You have to be careful not to deploy logical fallacies

1. He did get caught on video tape with Libby getting into his car
2. Most likely there is forensics of libby in his car
3. There probably are witnesses. We heard from some of them (potentially)
4. He was no doubt caught on CCTV
etc

Most likely the guy is simply stupid, but lucky so far.

You have to be careful not to deploy logical fallacies

1. He did get caught on video tape with Libby getting into his car
2. Most likely there is forensics of libby in his car
3. There probably are witnesses. We heard from some of them (potentially)
4. He was no doubt caught on CCTV
etc

Most likely the guy is simply stupid, but lucky so far.
Good points Mrjitty.

Am I right in thinking that we also dont know as fact that Items from the Burglaries were in PR's house and form part of the evidence against him?

( It's a good point why he would keep them if he knows he is prob going to be busted. I just dont think we know he didnt get rid for certain or didnt stash at home at all))

Ive always felt that prints or dna from prev scenes were the source of charge reasons once le had sample to crossref, along with goods?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks