Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really love to here from her mother. Was it really a surprise twin birth? What kind of birth? What happened at the hospital that the babies went home with dad? Where exactly was her focus with her kids? I want to know what was going on in her life. I know that is too much to ask, but WTH happened?

Just exhausted all the time I had on a family members laptop only to find there is nothing new. So disheartening. SS's family must be emotionally and physically drained beyond anything I could possibly imagine. Hoping my laptop is fixed in a day or 2 and I return to find SOMETHING....ANYTHING! Miss my WS friends. Night.

If this was her first night out since the birth...the result may have been the same no matter what had happened in her life before. She may have still wanted to extend her night, push the boundaries etc...so not sure it much matters what happened prior. And her dad did say her choices had not been great for a while.

I have a feeling LE can’t go any further with the three men without new info. Surely they have lawyers, imo. So no one is likely to talk. And if they are all innocent, it is almost a worse scenario as it presents no suspects/clues etc...jmo

I agree, I think LE is getting desperate to find her body. Hopefully they’ll feel compelled to release some more details soon to try and generate more tips. From following past cases around the state, LE has continued to actively investigate most of those until they were confident enough to publicly announce a presumption of death and the individual(s)who may have been involved or were last to know to be with the victim. It’s still kind of early for LE to give those kind of answers though, especially since forensics probably haven’t come back on whatever was sent to the lab.
I think we are both familiar with our State’s evidence problems. If they are limited to 10 pieces of evidence, do we know anything about Garrard vs Madison County judges and which might be more likely to sign off on additional evidence being accepted? How I hate this! She is not the first and won’t be the last. There needs to be more taken, submitted and tested and IMO backlogs are no excuse!

I think we are both familiar with our State’s evidence problems. If they are limited to 10 pieces of evidence, do we know anything about Garrard vs Madison County judges and which might be more likely to sign off on additional evidence being accepted? How I hate this! She is not the first and won’t be the last. There needs to be more taken, submitted and tested and IMO backlogs are no excuse!

That’s not entirely true. The initial evidence is 10 items of the highest evidentiary value. They’ll accept more after that but they limit it for efficiency. After the show about Crystal Rogers came out, an employee in KSP’s lab released a statement bc the show kind of skewed the process. A lot of counties will also use private labs. Nelson Co, specifically, has used private labs and the FBI’s lab in Quantico during the course of Crystal’s investigation. The lab worker also mentioned that they’ll assist LE in deciding which items should be processed first and they definitely accept additional items. There’s definitely a problem KSP’s backlog of evidence and it slows every thing down but from what I’ve read, it’s the same problem that most states have.

That made me start thinking though. When SS’s mom did that interview with inside edition or whatever it was, when she was showing the larger purse and the keys- were those the ones that were found in her moms car? If so, I wonder if her car was ever processed for anything. I wouldn’t think her mom would’ve had the purse and keys already if that were the case. Maybe one of the guys confirmed to LE that she never went back to her car for any reason and they went straight from the bar to GC.

I know most of the Madison County judges-related to two and went to school with some of the others-and they're very good. Since I don't know anything about the Garrard County judges, I'd go with Madison signing off on something.

On another topic...

I was pregnant for almost 2 years straight with Irish twins. Love my babies but longest two years (okay, 20 months) of my life. I can understand wanting to get out. The judgment I'm seeing (not here) against her makes me sad. There *does* seem to be kind of a community feel of "she shouldn't have gone out, she's a parent" and that's ridiculous. We're parents, but we're also human. At first I was thinking that it didn't matter if she knew she was having twins or not, but now I think it does. If I was pregnant and found out during the delivery that I was having two of them, it would shock the hell out of me. If she was, according to her dad, already making poor decisions then that may have been the icing on the cake. Her friend said that Savannah wouldn't have gone off that far with 3 men like that, but nobody really knows her state of mind that night. Maybe she wouldn't have normally done something like that, but perhaps there were things going on inside of her that were causing her to make decisions out of her norm. And maybe not. Maybe the men lied and said they were just going nearby.

It doesn't really matter to me. Whether she went to Garrard County willingly or under false pretenses, I don't think she's alive anymore and I certainly don't think she chose what happened to her. She still needs to be found and justice still needs to be sought regardless.

I would really love to here from her mother. Was it really a surprise twin birth? What kind of birth? What happened at the hospital that the babies went home with dad? Where exactly was her focus with her kids? I want to know what was going on in her life. I know that is too much to ask, but WTH happened?

I think her father gave us the closest view. He lead me to believe she was going through some struggles and making some poor choices. That points me toward a couple theories that stick around the top 2.

If the three males are being advised by counsel, then their movements, as well as their communication will be very limited. Any movement outside their normal routine.....i.e. trips, job changes, changing apartments, etc. will be scrutinized. Their freedoms will be very restricted....they have made their initial imprisonment....

...as suspects, if they do not feel any personal imprisonment, then they are true sociopaths...

I agree with her friend & many posters that the 3 men went to the bar to pick-up girls (plural). For whatever reason SS was the only one they could entice. If they were more successful, we wouldn't have a missing case to discuss. jmo

How another girl prevent her from going missing? Couldn't it be two women missing?

How another girl prevent her from going missing? Couldn't it be two women missing?
Thats a good point ! Because SS mom did think there was another girl in the car with her when they were Face timing . What if there really is 2 girls missing ? But wouldn't the news report that 2 girls went missing the same day ? Makes you think hmmmm

Thats a good point ! Because SS mom did think there was another girl in the car with her when they were Face timing . What if there really is 2 girls missing ? But wouldn't the news report that 2 girls went missing the same day ? Makes you think hmmmm

I didn't mean to say there was another girl missing. I meant another women wouldn't have guaranteed safety for either. If there was a girl in the car at some point or even at the bar it might have made the guys seem more trustworthy to Savannah. Who knows.

I didn't mean to say there was another girl missing. I meant another women wouldn't have guaranteed safety for either. If there was a girl in the car at some point or even at the bar it might have made the guys seem more trustworthy to Savannah. Who knows.
I believe several posters have alluded to a buddy system that would have lessened the likelihood of something bad happening. But, no guarantee.

I'm really hoping Savannah just ran off and is safe. It would be really crappy for her to do something like that but it would be a better outcome than the alternative.

I know I'm most likely just wishing but I'm going to hold on to that little ounce of hope that she ran off. Maybe she saw an opportunity to just get away from her life and try and start over?

I know I could never leave kids behind but maybe she felt like she was going to crack if she didn't get away. I'm just trying to figure out a way to justify her possibly still being alive.

I'm really hoping Savannah just ran off and is safe. It would be really crappy for her to do something like that but it would be a better outcome than the alternative.

I know I'm most likely just wishing but I'm going to hold on to that little ounce of hope that she ran off. Maybe she saw an opportunity to just get away from her life and try and start over?

I know I could never leave kids behind but maybe she felt like she was going to crack if she didn't get away. I'm just trying to figure out a way to justify her possibly still being alive.

That would probably be the best case scenario. It would also probably require a lot of money and assistance from at least one other person. I don’t think that’s what’s going on but I hope it is too.

I think it's possible that she felt like she had to get away (almost a panic situation emotionally) and now is too afraid or ashamed or embarrassed by all the hooplah to come back.

I think it's possible that she felt like she had to get away (almost a panic situation emotionally) and now is too afraid or ashamed or embarrassed by all the hooplah to come back.

I remember something similar happening around 14 years ago with a woman who had an upcoming wedding. She actually made it look like she'd been abducted. She had no idea that her disappearance would hit the national news and become a big thing. After about a week she wound up calling someone to come and get her. She was very embarrassed. In that case, though, she'd cut and colored her hair and went full-on "Gone Girl". I think that after all this time, if Savannah had done this then there would be word of it by now, especially after the interviews with her friends and mother. Also, there's no bus or train in Lancaster or Crab Orchard. Someone would've had to pick her up so not only would be looking at one person too embarrassed to come forward (Savannah), we'd be looking at two.

Still...not completely discounting it. People shock the hell out of me on a regular basis. I hope this is what happened.

I remember something similar happening around 14 years ago with a woman who had an upcoming wedding. She actually made it look like she'd been abducted. She had no idea that her disappearance would hit the national news and become a big thing. After about a week she wound up calling someone to come and get her. She was very embarrassed. In that case, though, she'd cut and colored her hair and went full-on "Gone Girl". I think that after all this time, if Savannah had done this then there would be word of it by now, especially after the interviews with her friends and mother. Also, there's no bus or train in Lancaster or Crab Orchard. Someone would've had to pick her up so not only would be looking at one person too embarrassed to come forward (Savannah), we'd be looking at two.

Still...not completely discounting it. People shock the hell out of me on a regular basis. I hope this is what happened.
Those are the good stories...otherwise, people who "drop out" to start a "new life" with a new identity.........that's stuff for the movies.....LOL, I've even thought about it myself......start a new identity in Honolulu.....(!)..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members