OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Ohio and am truly baffled by the lack of local coverage in the media on this case. This was a horrible massacre of a family, all cut down in the prime of their lives—one of them just a child.

I mentioned to a friend that I had taken an afternoon and traveled to see the properties where these crimes were committed. She totally freaked out. She told me I had placed my life in harms way because she heard the drug cartel was watching the property and would come after me for scoping out their territory. I assured her I was in no danger from drug lords and that suspects had been arrested. She had no clue. She kept repeating that she had heard it was a drug hit and “those people who were killed were really bad people.” It’s so sad that these victims have had their names trashed like that and the media has made no attempt to show how wrong the public’s perception is. Were they perfect? No. But who is?! They were stalked, spied on, and then brutally killed in their own home. Seriously, they were not bothering anyone else, just in their home either sleeping or doing their normal evening routine. Errhh, as I told (screamed) to my friend, the killers are the “bad people”, not the victims!

My heart breaks for the R, M, and G families. Every time I see them in the same courtroom as the W suspects I am amazed at the strength they show by not screaming and throwing things.

Sorry for the long post. Just amazed at how little press this case gets, even here in Ohio.

So what did you think of the area referred to as their "own little piece of heaven?" Did you follow the road completely through, if so did you see the teepee's wherein some "strange ones" live? lol.

Beautiful country but poor country. :(

Last edited:
I had to put him to sleep Monday. I am beyond crushed. We had an u spoken code/bond, & were always on the same page. I never ever once had to discipline him. A peice of my heart died w/ him. I am having him cremated, I'm going to buy a glass case and put his ashes, favorite soccer ball, & a picture in it. I had fellow soldiers die in Iraq and it didnt affect me on this level. The past 2 days I break down crying at work and have to go hide so no one sees me. I ask God to let me see him again when I die. I love you forever Bizzle, you're in my soul.
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. As the proud owner (they are more hubby's than mine) of four, I know they are great companions and important members of the family.

So what did you think of the area referred to as their "own little piece of heaven?" Did you follow the road completely through, if so did you see teepee's wherein some "strange ones" live? lol.

Beautiful country but poor country. :(

I found the UHR area to be gorgeous. It was a beautiful September day, the sun was shining and the trees were still full and green. I can certainly understand why folks who live there might consider it to be a slice of heaven. My mother was raised in extreme poverty, so a cluttered yard/front porch or run down trailer doesn’t shock me. Each to their own, right? I drove as far as CR’s land and then turned around, so I didn’t see the entire street. The homesites were easy to locate even without their trailers. There were wooden steps and decks in the yard—no home attached to them. That gave me chills. The abandoned rooster houses were still standing. CR’s land still had items in the yard, but nothing like the media showed after the murders. DR’s homesite was lovely and still being well cared for. Honestly, it broke my heart knowing she had only enjoyed her new home for a month. I’m sure she was very proud and happy to have lived there.

I'm not familiar with this document, but am familiar with people mentioning it here. For all I know, such a discovery doc could exist, but it hasn't been published in the news media. Normally, these docs are made available to the public and it's getting very annoying that these are only being released to news media who sparsely report on what they contain.

Perhaps its in some of those ScribD documents that some news media have posted online.

We need to figure out a way to get Pike C0unty Courts to make this info available to the public, as they should. It's only creating more rumors and misinformation.

ETA:
For the time being, we need a better system or something. Someone here at WS used to post everything on a Flickr account for everyone to view - case files, maps, photos, etc. She just posted a link. Anyone else have an idea? Would Google Docs work?

I don't doubt Loomis has seen that doc and copied it. We just have terrible access to public docs in this case and no way to organize what we do have.
:mad:

Betty P, thank you for the vote of confidence. If you remember people discussing it here, it had to be because they saw the document just like I did. People discussed if she ordered supplies for her farm, saying it would probably be cheaper to have them delivered. The number of Amazon records in this Discovery was astounding. I remember the source of this document would not allow me to copy and paste, in any way, which is why I entered it on my computer into a Word document, then printed it. I cannot prove it, but I sincerely remember a poster on this thread posting the document. Several of us (which I thought included you, I apologize if not) immediately begged the poster for the link, to which he replied that he deleted it. It was one of those weird Attachment #00000 attachments IIRC. I know others saw it because it was discussed immediately afterwards.

Thank you for believing in me.

<modsnip>

MHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Betty P, thank you for the vote of confidence. If you remember people discussing it here, it had to be because they saw the document just like I did. People discussed if she ordered supplies for her farm, saying it would probably be cheaper to have them delivered. The number of Amazon records in this Discovery was astounding. I remember the source of this document would not allow me to copy and paste, in any way, which is why I entered it on my computer into a Word document, then printed it. I cannot prove it, but I sincerely remember a poster on this thread posting the document. Several of us (which I thought included you, I apologize if not) immediately begged the poster for the link, to which he replied that he deleted it. It was one of those weird Attachment #00000 attachments IIRC. I know others saw it because it was discussed immediately afterwards.

Thank you for believing in me.

<modsnip>

MHO

Hi Loomis, have you tried doing a search on here to see what was being discussed at that time? <modsnip>

I haven't been on this thread for some time so I can't add anything about the document, as I don't recall seeing it but that doesn't mean it wasn't here. I think we all are here for the same reason... justice for these victims. :):)

Hi Loomis, have you tried doing a search on here to see what was being discussed at that time? <modsnip>

I haven't been on this thread for some time so I can't add anything about the document, as I don't recall seeing it but that doesn't mean it wasn't here. I think we all are here for the same reason... justice for these victims. :):)

Thank you, Caylee! Next time, I will pay more attention to the source, date, etc., as obviously no one is going to own the original posting of that discovery document.

<modsnip>

Thank you so much for all your posts! I have deep respect for you.

Oh, and yes, I did try a search on Google for "Fredericka Carol Wagner, Identification of Discovery Provided." Don't know how to search here on WS.

Edit of previous post for clarity.
Could Prosecutors be using some strategy or psychology here?
My opinion only.

I don’t think RN and FW will get off so easily.

In the 4 Wagners indictments - all 4 Indictments
(example GW3 Page 12 count #22)
each Wagner has a count of Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity.

Named in the count are all 4 Wagners AND RN, FW, a John Doe, any other unknown or unidentified individual(s) ...did participate...

A pattern of corrupt activities (by one or more of those individuals mentioned) that began in January 2016 thu 11/12/2018.
The wording Pattern of Corrupt Activities indicates a broad range of possibilities that are not spelled out. Not yet.
Seems to me there will be more facts, details, coming out that could include some or all of these names
It is a long stretch of time and many names, unknown individuals possibly involved.

Maybe RN can escape further scrutiny, but I think FW is in it deep. That’s also why I think FW trial may bring out lots more information than we have now.
I believe FW knows everything there is to know about everything the 4Wagners have ever done, and I believe she actively participated in ways we are unaware of, as well as financed the plans.

My opinion only.

Why is FW not charged in indictment as the other 4Wagners?

My guess is, she could not (without some doubt) be placed at the scenes and she could not (without some doubt) be charged with using a firearm.

Could Prosecutors be using some strategy or psychology here?

Below is count #22---Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity---from the Edward Jake Wagner Bill of Particulars. The Bill of Particulars is slightly more specific than the original indictment. This is the Count that actually mentions Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner being involved with the Wagner 4's Pattern of Corrupt Activity....
https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/20b6zw25c06qn5xt/images/28-2ed90dd3cd.jpg

Your question is extremely interesting and perplexing---"Why is FW not charged in the indictment as the other 4 Wagners are? " Meaning, why is she not also charged as a Participant in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity? "

I have been researching this and I think that FW has not been charged with this Count because she does not meet the legal requirements of a person who is Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity.
However, the Wagner 4 engaged in a variety of corrupt criminal behaviors from 2014 through 2018 which constitutes a "Pattern of Corrupt Activity". Meanwhile, FW is only charged with one offense stemming from July 2018---lying to the GJ about the BPV's.

Thus, FW cannot be tied into a PATTERN of illegal corrupt activity but the Wagner 4 certainly can be.

All the stalking and spying and communication interceptions and the burglaries and unlawful use of property and evidence tampering and lies and obstruction.....And worst of all the 8 cold blooded murders.......:(:mad:

This all can be attributed to the Wagner 4 but not to FW because the most they can nail her for is lying about the BPV's ---and the Prosecution was able to turn that lie into 2 felony charges---but all her lawyer has to do is beat the one charge about lying about the vests and then both charges could possibly be dropped.
(The 2 charges are Perjury and Obstruction but stemming only from the lies about the BPV's)

Let's hope she doesn't skate off into the sunset. Let's hope she gets the maximum the court can give for Justice for the victims. I just want Justice and keep waiting and hoping. Just like all of you.

....My 2 Cents......Anyone else?.....

Last edited:
Thank you, Caylee! Next time, I will pay more attention to the source, date, etc., as obviously no one is going to own the original posting of that discovery document.

<modsnip>

Thank you so much for all your posts! I have deep respect for you.

Thread #41 has lots of discussion about Amazon, maybe around page 10 or so. Try there.

<modsnip: reference to quoted post was modsnipped>

Thank you for the compliments.

Oh, and yes, I did try a search on Google for "Fredericka Carol Wagner, Identification of Discovery Provided." Don't know how to search here on WS.
I remember seeing it. I did post the discovery for Jake, I don’t remember where I seen Fredericka’s at, but I do believe it was on here and another place. I will try to look for it. Jmo

This case popped up here and there on our news, but for the most part, folks didn't know the victims and suspects by name. If I mentioned it to someone, they'd say, ohhh, those eight people killed in that house up in Ohio. I've even talked to people who live in Ohio who don't know the families names. Some even think that the rich family had the weed op, (highly frowned upon), and the "poor" people murdered the wealthy ones. Honestly, when I just scratch the surface about this case, most all folks are just floored.

I live in Ohio and am truly baffled by the lack of local coverage in the media on this case. This was a horrible massacre of a family, all cut down in the prime of their lives—one of them just a child.

I mentioned to a friend that I had taken an afternoon and traveled to see the properties where these crimes were committed. She totally freaked out. She told me I had placed my life in harms way because she heard the drug cartel was watching the property and would come after me for scoping out their territory. I assured her I was in no danger from drug lords and that suspects had been arrested. She had no clue. She kept repeating that she had heard it was a drug hit and “those people who were killed were really bad people.” It’s so sad that these victims have had their names trashed like that and the media has made no attempt to show how wrong the public’s perception is. Were they perfect? No. But who is?! They were stalked, spied on, and then brutally killed in their own home. Seriously, they were not bothering anyone else, just in their home either sleeping or doing their normal evening routine. Errhh, as I told (screamed) to my friend, the killers are the “bad people”, not the victims!

My heart breaks for the R, M, and G families. Every time I see them in the same courtroom as the W suspects I am amazed at the strength they show by not screaming and throwing things.

Sorry for the long post. Just amazed at how little press this case gets, even here in Ohio.[/QUOTE]

For the first while, the common comment was, so what, it was a bunch of druggies killed by the Mexican Cartel.

At the top of this page there is a "search" box ,
*on right of screen as you look at it* type in key word and hit enter. Or if you are looking for something from a specific poster, click on their name and go to their profile to see all they have posted. You can also go to your own profile and see all of your posts.

Something I'm curious about. I don't want to sound like a devil's advocate for FW.....but, is it possible that one of the W4 used FW's Amazon account to shop online and purchase the bulletproof vests without her knowledge or consent? If someone had access to her password, it could be possible. I certainly hope that's not the case. Don't like the thought of her....well, um....getting away with murder.

ETA: Noted from earlier post: "Amazon Records for Fredericka Wagner/Flying W". Account is in FW's name and also Flying W. Since account is for Flying W Farm, might GW3 have access/permission to the account? Did he make the online purchase but FW didn't know about it?

I'd wondered about this. Amazon, can be set up to just click and you're on. My friend's son, did just that, and had watched them check out, and at five years old, ordered 100s of dollars worth of items without their knowledge (until stacks of stuff showed up on their door). There's also the option to order something but have it shipped to a another address. It is a thought. I had a kid slip $300 worth of extras onto a hotel bill one time. I had no recourse but to pay it, when I found out, at check-out time. There was an unpleasant vibe in the vehicle for several miles. These three aren't children but if it's that ease for a child to do...

Sorry for the long post. Just amazed at how little press this case gets, even here in Ohio.

The news media in Ohio (especially central and southern Ohio) only report what the politicians in Columbus want them to report and when and how often. It's why the whole state has so many problems - too few people running things.[/QUOTE]

It always amazes me when I return how little is spoken about this senseless act. I firmly believe, from those I know, only the people and family close to the deceased actually follow the case. Sure, there are exceptions but the majority of people in pike and surrounding counties aren't on the same level as those on WS and previous sites. JMO

This case popped up here and there on our news, but for the most part, folks didn't know the victims and suspects by name. If I mentioned it to someone, they'd say, ohhh, those eight people killed in that house up in Ohio. I've even talked to people who live in Ohio who don't know the families names. Some even think that the rich family had the weed op, (highly frowned upon), and the "poor" people murdered the wealthy ones. Honestly, when I just scratch the surface about this case, most all folks are just floored.

Sorry for the long post. Just amazed at how little press this case gets, even here in Ohio.[/QUOTE]
Like you I live in ohio and in the area of this crime and i am very surprised by the lack of coverage on this case. I am guessing information is not being released to the media for reason s that have to do with the trial/juries that will need to be assembled. Except for the information posted here on WS, I can't even find a link to watch for the court dates, local news, like NBC, CBS AND ABC, only show short clips and that's it

Last edited:
Related news:

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine stops executions, wants new protocol

COLUMBUS —
Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday that he is halting executions until the state devises a new lethal injection protocol that overcomes any court challenges.
He did not issue a formal stay of all executions but said “Ohio is not going to execute someone under my watch when a federal judge has found it to be cruel and unusual punishment.”
He directed prison officials to come up with a new protocol, which will likely face legal challenge in federal court, he said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member