UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alesha MacPhail's gran says naming her killer was the 'last thing she wanted'

She has a point, now he is named and shamed he has max attention, the newspapers have done no favours with the slender man thing, i wonder if in the future some sick kid like aaron cambell reads all the stories about it and copies it

If I'd have been the judge I'd have asked their opinion to be honest... probably why I'd be be rubbish in that profession though as I wouldn't follow law I'd follow my heart.

Bravo Mirror, for publishing an article about the gran's distress at him being named along with his name and 6 images of him :rolleyes:

I think one factor for the court was to try and undo some of the damage done to TM by him accusing her as he did. Now it is his name on the lips of those baying for blood instead of hers. And obviously Alesha's gran might not have that as a higher priority than her precious grandchild.

He will be on suicide watch let alone anyone getting the chance to kill him, but like a ted bundy, everyone is looking at him now, giving him the attention he does not deserve, and theres where i get her gran, he is just a lowlife not a celebrity, that over the next years the tabloids will make him, and i also agree with you 404, if they had kept his identity secret i would now be thinking they should have revealed his name, im just looking at it from all angles

He will be on suicide watch let alone anyone getting the chance to kill him, but like a ted bundy, everyone is looking at him now, giving him the attention he does not deserve, and theres where i get her gran, he is just a lowlife not a celebrity, that over the next years the tabloids will make him, and i also agree with you 404, if they had kept his identity secret i would now be thinking they should have revealed his name, im just looking at it from all angles

I think you're right @truthseeker1975 there's just no way through this one with everyone satisfied is there. I think the judge did what HE felt was the right thing, which is what, ultimately, we ask of people in his position. That it might distress some involved was i'm sure something he took into account when reaching his decision.

Cases like this always make me marvel at how the media has changed in the electronic age though. When i was a child the VERY VERY LAST THING anyone would want is to be named as the rapist and murderer of a small child in the press! But somehow nowadays it counts as "celebrity".

The issue of which way a struggling parent can turn is one that really needs to be addressed.

With each passing generation we seem to be seeing a reduction in fear of authority or consequences of behaving badly.

When i was a kid, the threat that my mother might call for our local copper to come and see me was more than enough to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!

Now nothing seems to bother teenagers, they have no respect or fear of police or teachers or parents....in fact more of them are bothered about their followers on twitter than they are about any of that stuff.

Parenting is becoming a different job to the one it once was and also in my opinion we need to revisit the whole idea of a 16 year old male being regarded as a child.
In so many ways, todays 16 year old is far more worldly wise than i was at 18.

Times are changing rapidly but the measures and safety nets for parents are still the same ones which to some extent were wholly inadequate in their day 30-40 years ago.

A bigger debate much needed methinks
You are so right! There is no fear of authority with kids these days!

I grew up in a small place like Bute where everyone knew everyone, I was given a very stern talking to by the police once when I was in a fight (I was 14 or 15 so my parents clearly asked them to as they weren’t even present)!! They sent for me and my friend separately to go to the station and sat us down to go over what had happened, pretended they recorded it (though at the time I thought they really had) and said if anything like that every happened again they would send the tape over to the court.. I never stepped out of line again, the threat of them made sure of that!!

I think part of the problem is authorities have lost some of their authority for want of a better phrase.. people would kick up huge fuss if police did something like that now, or when a teacher ever trys to discipline their kids and while I dont think it’s down to them, it’s def a parents responsibility to ensure they raise a good kid, help from authority in the community should be encouraged as it’s teachers and police who are more likely to encounter the bad behaviour!

His username Poison3dappl3 is pretty telling imo. He knows he is rotten to the core.

I wonder about the circumstances in which she was removed from the bed; l find it hard to believe he woke her, threatened her with the knife and she kept quiet. The footage of her on his back suggests he told her they were going on an adventure. I wonder how much contact he had with her prior to that night. Could be have suggested it in advance? Just pondering. She seemed like such an energetic feisty little girl who was clearly well loved. Would she really have not cried out for help? We may never know.
I've tried to supress this thought but think this may have happened. Just makes it worse (if that's possible).

I see quite a few people are already taking issue with the Daily Mail's description of him.

"He is handsome, in a modern, metrosexual way, with luxuriant, swept-over hair and a milky complexion. "

Gold old DM. Wonder when they’ll list the price of the family home or coyly euphemize the phsysical features of women associated with the case.

I fear this crime will take a while to be flushed from the tabloids. I really hope family and friends find a way to manage some of the hurtful noise, especially Alesha’s mum, who seems utterly devastated and must see her wee pal every time she looks in the mirror.

Gold old DM. Wonder when they’ll list the price of the family home or coyly euphemize the phsysical features of women associated with the case.

I fear this crime will take a while to be flushed from the tabloids. I really hope family and friends find a way to manage some of the hurtful noise, especially Alesha’s mum, who seems utterly devastated and must see her wee pal every time she looks in the mirror.

It's already dissipating. The Sun just has one story up on it's homepage now.

the first minute of this video kind of suggests that he called himself poisoned apple because he knows he's not normal, in the game the poisoned apple signpost states it is supposed to represent evil.. then later we see it next to a 'normal' apple..

Last edited:
Just a quick question (if anyone knows).....

Was Aaron Campbell born in england?

(Just for a project i am working on :)

I think he was born in Scotland. No proof but i think it was said in an interview with his mum i read last night.

Yes, he commented it himself on one of his videos. Not sure where in England though.

the first minute of this video kind of suggests that he called himself poisoned apple because he's knows he's not normal, in the game the poisoned apple signpost states it is supposed to represent evil.. then later we see it next to a 'normal' apple..

Another creepy twist.......

Does snow white not eat a poisoned apple?
And
Does she not then fall into a deep sleep?

You probably see where i am going with that!

Another creepy twist.......

Does snow white not eat a poisoned apple?
And
Does she not then fall into a deep sleep?

You probably see where i am going with that!

It's creepy in the current context but he was 13 when he called himself that, and a great many gamers have accounts with dodgy names like this (and MUCH worse i have to say) and they're not killers, they just want to look cool and edgy to all the other 13yo gamer types.

Yes, he commented it himself on one of his videos. Not sure where in England though.

IF i am barking up the right tree .....there may be a slight twist in the relationships in this story!

Cannot post more here really BUT if anyone could confirm Shrewsbury as a place of birth for him.....then i would be on a more secure footing to say more

Surmising mum knew he was a bad apple. Maybe that's why she drank. She says in the Scottish Sun article her 'heart sank'. Sounds to me as though she went to that CCTV footage to see if he was on it. Because 8f that was my son, l'd think 'What the hell?' and ask him what he knows. She immediately assumed the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd