Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why PR's alleged crimes followed a pattern and occurred around The Piper and his home. And yet he decided to flash on Wellesley Av, far from another club, his home and 2 weeks before LS vanishes.

Its kinda wierd how the police cant even question PR anymore.
One of the charges laid against PR was ;
"Between January 25 and January 28, 2019, you entered as a trespasser in Ventnor Street and stole a computer laptop, a Kindle, a speaker, a quantity of sex toys, condoms, knickers and photographs."
So thats just days before Libby went missing. That makes me think the police found that stuff searching his house , and if he coudnt bring himself to get rid of that stuff , what if he kept something of Libbys as a momento , like her knickers. If the police found something damning like that , proceeduraly what are the niceties around formally charging him with murder , are there any obligations that they have to do it asap or would it be acceptable practice for them to wait. They might have enough and are just bidding there time , idk.

The Humberside Police site (and various news reports) describe them as possible/potential witnesses.
Fair point , Thanks MF.

I think ive based my phrase on the orig hdm headline which now seems to have been clarified

Edit: change..hdm story ...to hdm headline...

Last edited:
I'm not up on police procedurals, but this case has made me appreciate what a tightrope the police have to walk. If they reassure the public, that is tantamount to saying PR'S our man, before they've even charged him or presented evidence to a jury. It also highlights to me how easily miscarriages of justice could have happened in the past - PR's involvement seems open and shut to many of us, and a hundred years ago he'd have been hanged already (Oscar Slater comes to mind). But the police don't have enough evidence to charge him (yet) and if they never do find it, we need to accept he's innocent, albeit the unluckiest man in Hull. I agree with the poster who said that, for us, this is like trying to solve a jigsaw with a third of the pieces.

Not sure why I'm so obsessed and invested in this case. I hate to say it but I suspect it's because Libby looks and seems like a "good girl". And if this can happen to a good girl it could happen to anyone.

(The crime author Denise Mina is very good on the necessity of managing the victim's persona not only in the public perception but the police working on the case, to maintain sympathy and interest.)

I'm not sure what has hit me so hard about this case either but I can't stop thinking about what unimaginable torture her poor parents are going through. Possibly because my children are in a similar situation - at uni, naive and in their own bubble. Possibly because such a sad series of misfortunes has taken a bright, beautiful person at the start of their life. Possibly because I think he would have snatched someone soon it could have been mine.

The comments of his family to the press make me doubt his innocence. Particularly the coming on to him comment. That doesn't ring true at all given her state. Even if he was worried cos he was doing some cash in hand taxiing he could have just gone to the police and just said he'd given her a lift. Both the taxi driver and graybeard did so even tho neither could be sure they weren't the last people to see her alive.

I think MsMiniSleuth meant that if Libby is one of the four people in the Oak Road CCTV then how would the screaming be explained, since (if it is her) she seems to look perfectly fine in the footage, which was recorded well after all the reports of screams.

Yes, exactly! Just trying to get a consensus of opinion if both are related in some way or well... no way.

Does anyone know what time the suspect got home after picking LS up? I haven’t seen it reported anywhere and it would give a huge clue about how far he could have travelled.

We don't even know he DID, remember. That was only alluded to by his sister. There has been no police corroboration on that.

Does anyone know what time the suspect got home after picking LS up? I haven’t seen it reported anywhere and it would give a huge clue about how far he could have travelled.

We don't even know he DID, remember. That was only alluded to by his sister. There has been no police corroboration on that.

Yeah, the police haven't ever said he did, but then why would his sister say that. Seems like she slipped up in saying that, and the police haven't said anything further on it as it's one key link to her last possible sighting so don't want it reported in the media as fact, just yet. Unless they have no other evidence of that and are trying to find some based on what she said. Or was it a clever bluff from the sister, say that as an accidental slip up and have the police run around to find evidence to support it, when he never did pick her up, but maybe someone else they know did. Dunno, rambling now, it's Friday........

"Between January 25 and January 28, 2019, you entered as a trespasser in Ventnor Street and stole a computer laptop, a Kindle, a speaker, a quantity of sex toys, condoms, knickers and photographs."
So thats just days before Libby went missing. That makes me think the police found that stuff searching his house , and if he coudnt bring himself to get rid of that stuff , what if he kept something of Libbys as a momento , like her knickers. If the police found something damning like that , proceeduraly what are the niceties around formally charging him with murder , are there any obligations that they have to do it asap or would it be acceptable practice for them to wait. They might have enough and are just bidding there time , idk.

They can't question him anymore because he isn't under arrest for anything relating to Libby.

They also can't question him anymore on the other charges and what may or may not have been found.

They had their 96 hours..unless some of evidence comes up for them to rearrest him then I believe they can't put anything else to him.

There's no way CPS would bring charges without something watertight.

Unfortunately it seems waiting for a body is their best bet of getting abduction/murder conviction at this rate.

Even them they would have to hope they have something that absolutely ties him to having committed the crime I worry forensically if she has been in water there may be very little.

I said before that the screams are almost certainly an urban fox and a red herring here. It’s the perfect time, location, duration, climate and surroundings.

The alternative is we believe a girl was running around for 15 minutes screaming and fighting her attacker...but leaving no evidence or trace.

What worries me is that these screams (heard by two people) has become evidence number one and seems to be directing the investigation.

If we discount this then we have a girl on a bench and nothing else. It concerns me that this case has not been handled correctly

JMO
I do think they found evidence of the burglaries because we saw LE taking evidence bags from his house. Its just that I am not sure if they have any concrete evidence of any personal items from LS.

He may have not had time to think about or take any souveniers from her if she fought back. He may have panicked after harming her and he may have ran off quickly.

It is a little strange that LE has not been able to charge him yet with LS abduction but we have to remember that they did initially hold him for investigation of her disappearance so LE had reason at that time to believe he was involved.

Lucky so far...But if a on the spur moment abduction/attack he probably did not potentially hide a body well, ran off panicking ...I wonder did he go back again possibly on same night to recover body, potentially quite quickly somewhere between when the key witnesses are around on cctv footage at croda, hence why police are keen to trace them, may have heard seen someone...

I'm with you SVS have been on this line of thinking for a while now.

I'm still not convinced no other vehicle was used either.

She could have been put in a container or case of some sort (hate thinking that but that's where I'm at) .

Could PR have had access to several vehicles? Could he have had access to a trailer? Could a trailer have been stolen and returned without notice (given the lack of off-road parking in this part of the world from what I have seen these would need to be kept on the road)? Anyone with good eyes tell if the silver Astra siezed from Raglan Street has a tow bar attached?

Anybody Know if there have been any searches at the allotments at the bottom of raglan street where he lives? Knowing how close he likes his crimes , wouldn’t be surprised if something turns up there...

Anybody Know if there have been any searches at the allotments at the bottom of raglan street where he lives? Knowing how close he likes his crimes , wouldn’t be surprised if something turns up there...
Think theyre called the Edgecumbe Street Allotments M.B.? Hmm or Newland Allotments?Not seen any reports or pics pf LE there. Interesting though re local offences etc

Bad with maps etc so cant be sure where you mean!

Last edited:

Are you saying Libby lives on Ventnor Street?

Think theyre called the Edgecumbe Street Allotments M.B.? Hmm or Newland Allotments?Not seen any reports or pics pf LE there. Interesting though re local offences etc

Bad with maps etc so cant be sure where you mean!
I would hope that the police have searched them - IIRC they searched the ones near Oak Road but not sure about the ones near Raglan. Surely there is some sort of list of people that own sheds/land in the allotments, so they'd know if he or someone he's close to has a space there and would have searched that ages ago. Even if he doesn't, I would think they'd have searched there anyway, but I'll try to find a link to MSM which mentions LE looking there - although I don't recall seeing anything off the top of my head.

Are you saying Libby lives on Ventnor Street?
No I think they're just suggesting that since he allegedly likes nicking knickers that he may have stolen something of Libby's (if he does have anything to do with her disappearance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth