IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his main purpose of trying to pull this scam off was to get a higher salary wouldn't it had been much easier to just ask for more money instead of trying to getting away with this stunt? Just seems like there could have been another way instead of the path he decided to go down. Seems like he could have received a higher salary because they wouldn't have wanted him to leave the show. IMO

I am not convinced that the root of this is really about his salary. I believe his deeper motivation was 'attention/sympathy/victimhood.' I believe he craved the public attention and adoration he would receive, as a martyr to the cause. JMO

More like Fox and Disney realized that there is little to no support for Mr. Smollett's actions. And his attitude is probably was the last nail. In addition, it sets a precedent, if they let him slide, what could other employees do?
Disney might use his drug use as a reason to fire him?? I don't keep up with these things much, but Disney uses to known for squeaky clean image. Jmo

Disney might use his drug use as a reason to fire him?? I don't keep up with these things much, but Disney uses to known for squeaky clean image. Jmo

Disney is all about the money generated by it's "stars". They're no different than Castle Rock, Amblin or DreamWorks. Look at how many suspected pedophiles are currently in Hollywood...

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

People on WS are highly intelligent and some questioned JS's story because it had some rather odd discrepancies.

He was mostly given the benefit of the doubt, until his story unraveled and was clearly making no sense.
It HAS turned out to be a hoax.

a) it has been proven that the "letter" was cut out from magazines in the Nigerian bro's apartment.
b) JS sent the letter to himself.
c) The bros confessed to everything, including being paid, doing test runs and purchasing the rope from a hardware store.

This is the most compassionate, victim-friendly forum online, imho.

And when a celebrity manufactures a hate crime hoax its *very* serious. The effects are be far-reaching and hurt those who really ARE the victims of hate crimes.

Many who gave JS the benefit of the doubt, believed him, came out to bat for him, are understandably indignant and frustrated that he lied and made up this story.

MOO
Exactly. If this were a real case, I would be very compassionate. Instead, he brought this on himself, so I’m derisive.

I remember when it was announced that he paid the brothers for the attack. I was thinking that could never be proven because he had to be smart enough to pay by cash. But he paid by check? Wow, how stupid can a criminal get? I can see he will have a place on TV again! He's guaranteed a spot on America's dumbest criminals.

In reference to cough cough “journalist”.

As Smollett made bond in Cook County Criminal Court on Thursday, he looked rather sad, and exhausted.

And Don Lemon asks why.

Why?

This has all been quite perplexing to many of the national TV types on CNN and MSNBC and others of the left, this question of why.

But why ask why?

Long ago, they set aside old-fashioned journalistic skepticism in order to become performance artists.

TV does such a great job squeezing emotion out of grievances and demanding the federal government address the grievances, legitimate or not.

Did Jussie Smollett use the media, or was he created by it?

Johnson didn’t mince words at his news conference on Thursday.

Johnson, a black man, condemned Smollett, a black man, for using a noose as a prop. That mocked the real and ugly and deadly history of African-Americans as true victims of racism, Johnson said.

“To make things worse,” Johnson said, “the accusations within this phony attack received national attention for weeks.

“Celebrities, news commentators, and even presidential candidates weighed in on something that was choreographed by an actor,” Johnson said.

The inconvenient truth in all of this?

Smollett is an actor, and a rather stupid one at that. He’s considered the criminal, yes, but he performed as expected. He played the innocent victim of Republican intolerance.

The Smollettburo approved. They enabled him.

And now they ask why?

I think the better question is to ask Lemon WHY were they all wanting so badly to believe a story, when from the very beginning, it had more holes in it than swiss cheese?

WHY was Lemon, and others so willing to believe a totally unvetted story first without having any of the facts known?

WHY was Lemon, and all others on MSM, giving this man a platform of continuous national coverage, when no one, including all of them, even knew what the FACTS were?

Oh, and the better WHY to ask Lemon, and all others who call themselves MSM journalists, is WHY do they continue to spread false narratives, as instant truth?

How many false narratives does it take for Lemon, and for all other MSM journalists just like him, for them all to learn the proper way of reporting any story ethically is to wait until all of the truth becomes known? What happened to vetting all stories first, and foremost?

Lemon, and all MSM journalists needs to ask themselves this: How many more cities have to be burned, businesses destroyed, police officers hurt, cities turned into chaos, and civil unrest before we learn they were based on all of our false narrative reporting we pushed, without having one verified fact to support any of them?

What we are seeing happening by the MSM consistently in recent years, should alarm us all, because it affects us all, and who we are as people of this country.

They know they have been given great power, and to continuously abuse that power, over, and over again is destroying this country, I know we all love, and treasure.

When biases, and agendas outweighs the TRUTH being told, we all lose.

This is not the only time by far when MSM tried to incite a race war built totally on false narratives. It's just another one, and there will be more to come.

Every one of us should be furious they have tried so hard to tear us all apart. Its unforgivable.

Divided we fall, but United as one country, one people, is what makes our country strong.

The MSM is trying its best to separate us, when they have just as much power to unite us all.

Its heartbreaking they have chosen to use their immense power to divide us instead.

Jmo and nothing more.

Last edited:
I am not convinced that the root of this is really about his salary. I believe his deeper motivation was 'attention/sympathy/victimhood.' I believe he craved the public attention and adoration he would receive, as a martyr to the cause. JMO

I believe Jussie wanted the best of both Worlds. Not that his actual salary from the show Empire was the point of the problem. It is/was that his contractual limits on his performing outside of the show. Just like the show at the Troubador in LA. He had trouble selling that famous 400 seat venue. He REALLY wanted to influence his demands for Concerts (not using Empire tunes) and any other endorsements that the other "stars" were able to do to increase their Wealth. The Billboard article that I linked earlier goes into more detail, but goes into the big picture of his situation.

JMO

MSNBC's avoidance of Jussie Smollett story during primetime 'a politically biased journalistic choice,’ expert says

MSNBC's avoidance of Jussie Smollett story during primetime 'a politically biased journalistic choice,’ expert says

“All In With Chris Hayes,” “The Rachel Maddow Show,” “The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell” and “The 11th Hour With Brian Williams” did not utter Smollett’s name the last two nights as news unfolded that Smollett was being charged with orchestrating an elaborate hoax involving two "bogus" crimes -- one involving an alleged attack, and one involving a threatening letter -- allegedly all in order to get a pay raise.

dad22020c41f1e01fd347118b859e4e3

Charles Barkley has some sage advice for Jussie Smollett and aspiring criminals everywhere

Charles Barkley has some sage advice for Jussie Smollett and aspiring criminals everywhere

"America, let me just tell ya something: Do not commit crimes with checks....Get cash, man! I never used an ATM, I heard you can only get $200 out—"

Allegedly Smollett paid his fake assailants via check and communicated with them via his own cellphone, but Chuck isn't able to get to those details before Ernie cuts him off, presumably before he can incriminate himself further. The crazy train, however, has already jumped the tracks and Barkley, needing the last word per usual, wraps his pop culture power hour by saying "You know what you shoulda did? Just walk down to Liam Neeson's neighborhood. You could have solved all your damn problems!" before a producer screams "Charles stop!" from off camera. Seriously, someone give this man an Emmy.

JLOL W JMO
That was epic, and Shaq was egging it on!

Attachments

• 4507A971-C794-47CE-9605-681EBB25C40C.jpeg
    4507A971-C794-47CE-9605-681EBB25C40C.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
I just skimmed through the threads on this case. I knew little about the story until the past few days when it has been covered by local (Detroit) media. I recall hearing about the alleged attack when it first happened but was unfamiliar with the actor or the show and didn't pay much attention to the story. Kind of hard to escape coverage now.

I'm curious about those who have followed the case from the beginning: Are you a fan of Empire and/or JS, or are you interested in the evolving criminal case?

I just skimmed through the threads on this case. I knew little about the story until the past few days when it has been covered by local (Detroit) media. I recall hearing about the alleged attack when it first happened but was unfamiliar with the actor or the show and didn't pay much attention to the story. Kind of hard to escape coverage now.

I'm curious about those who have followed the case from the beginning: Are you a fan of Empire and/or JS, or are you interested in the evolving criminal case?

Never saw the show, or heard of him before this hoax.
It just didn’t add up, like so many other crimes.

Agreed. Maybe with Easter approaching he thought he’d try a savior move and climb up on the cross?

Sigh, I do hope someone saves him from himself, before things go from bad to worse

Attachments

• A4FC5FAB-939C-48A3-930A-C1A4857E37DE.jpeg
    A4FC5FAB-939C-48A3-930A-C1A4857E37DE.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 8

I'd never heard of Smollett and never watched Empire. I just thought the entire story was childish and obviously fake. I was also worried that homeless people would get the blame. I got slapped by believers for suggesting that it was a publicity stunt.

I quit following it until more facts came out. I watched the first season and then lost track of it.

I first caught this politically with JS being the star of the anti-lynching bill along with being drawn attention to by two Presidential candidates. I've never watched Empire and hadn't heard of JS until now. Since then I've followed it on local Chicago media Twitter, which has had a ton of scoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82