GUILTY IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Resonate seems in a big,fat hurry. Most of website is already dismantled.

They didn't own a building (rented space at a large Christian school - not uncommon around here) and so hope that be selling off equipment they will be able to pay off the $36,000 in debt they currently have.

Church led by Davey Blackburn announces closure

*sits on hands

Resonate seems in a big,fat hurry. Most of website is already dismantled.

They didn't own a building (rented space at a large Christian school - not uncommon around here) and so hope that be selling off equipment they will be able to pay off the $36,000 in debt they currently have.

Church led by Davey Blackburn announces closure

*sits on hands
Quoting my own post- but they could have taken up a special offering and likely eliminated this debt instantly. This is not an inner-city congregation by any stretch of the imagination.

RSBM

And I will double your ‘Hmmmm’. I’ve been away from this thread for a while but with this recent occurrence I have to wonder if we’re following a future Dateline/48 Hours or 20/20 episode.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread, waiting for the next shoe to drop. Hmmm Hmmm

So will I because none of this surprises me. After watching the 48 Hours episode on Kevin Cooper, my eyes are wide open. Hmmmmm Hmmmm

This case may be worth a second look....

In debt, Resonate Church to shut down a week after founder Davey Blackburn resigns

In debt, Resonate Church to shut down a week after founder Davey Blackburn resigns

I do think DB is... utopian... and maybe overestimates his value to Christians/the world but right now there's no evidence that he was involved in AB's murder. It seems like we'd hear something by now. JMO.

From your link:
As he grieved his wife’s passing, Blackburn tried to make sense of the death, saying, “God didn't cause this to happen but he allowed it to happen in such a way, he allowed the breath of Amanda to come out of her so that the breath could be breathed into you and into me so that we could advance the Gospel in a way that history books have never even told."

"And I believe it is going to come out of this house. I believe it is gonna come out of our house in Indianapolis. I believe in this region, God's gonna do something from the crossroads of America that's gonna scatter across America, and we're going to see a revival like we have never seen before," he added.

Maybe he just bit off more than he could chew with extravagant purchases in hopes of building a "mega" church while not realizing his congregation was too small. I don't blame church members for being angry and I'm a bit surprised the church announced that he won't be responsible for the debt since he resigned last week. But I guess churches do things differently than companies. I dunno. MOO.

I followed this case from day one. Can’t imagine he’s involved even though the spouse usually is.

One of the guys already in jail/prison would have ratted him out immediately.

With that said, I’m always leery of these start up, makeshift churches. They are everywhere these days. Meeting in movie theatres, office buildings, vacant retail strip centers etc. they have the young pretty metrosexual pastor, flashy music, trying to create a flock. Then gone. I just kinda get the same feeling with this guy. Just got in over his head and overspent. Only had 75 congregants so not that big.

I followed this case from day one. Can’t imagine he’s involved even though the spouse usually is.

One of the guys already in jail/prison would have ratted him out immediately.

With that said, I’m always leery of these start up, makeshift churches. They are everywhere these days. Meeting in movie theatres, office buildings, vacant retail strip centers etc. they have the young pretty metrosexual pastor, flashy music, trying to create a flock. Then gone. I just kinda get the same feeling with this guy. Just got in over his head and overspent. Only had 75 congregants so not that big.

I agree that one of the perps would have rolled by now, and also agree about these hipster churches. (My hubs is a retired pastor) It just has the makings of a convoluted made-for-TV movie. I mean, stranger things have happened.
But then, I was skeptical of the husband from hour one- and I still have a degree of nagging hink. IDK

I thought if one of the perps knew something that might save their hides they would have rolled. I read on another forum that if these guys were gang bangers, or males of that ilk, they would never rat out anybody as it would ruin their rep. IMO.

I agree that one of the perps would have rolled by now, and also agree about these hipster churches. (My hubs is a retired pastor) It just has the makings of a convoluted made-for-TV movie. I mean, stranger things have happened.
But then, I was skeptical of the husband from hour one- and I still have a degree of nagging hink. IDK

LOL
My new favorite WS lingo:
“I still have a degree of nagging hink”.
Fits my thoughts perfectly.
THANKS meanmaryjean for adding to our lexicon!

A week after his surprise resignation from the now defunct Resonate Church he founded with his late wife, Amanda, Indiana Pastor Davey Blackburn said he knew the church was going to close before his resignation but he didn't reveal that to the congregants.
Davey Blackburn reveals he knew Resonate Church would close before he resigned

The article says DB is taking responsibility for the closing... kind of. The interim pastor said that "poor stewardship" of church finances and dwindling membership contributed to the church's failure.

Kind of annoying to me that he didn't stay around to help shut it down. He started the church. And he said he knew it would close before he resigned. Seems like the right thing to do if he was taking responsibility would be to oversee the closure.

But who am I to judge. I guess.

Kind of annoying to me that he didn't stay around to help shut it down. He started the church. And he said he knew it would close before he resigned. Seems like the right thing to do if he was taking responsibility would be to oversee the closure.

But who am I to judge. I guess.

And the guy he recruited to take his place at Resonate upended his family of six and is now jobless and all.

And the guy he recruited to take his place at Resonate upended his family of six and is now jobless and all.

Just wondering where Davey is now.
Davey Blackburn reveals he knew Resonate Church would close before he resigned

Barely a week after Blackburn’s claim about taking care of his staff and former congregants, Pepper Berry, John Berry’s wife, revealed on Instagram Wednesday that her family was in dire straits.

“Currently we have no job (and no that WAS NOT our choice — don’t believe everything you hear). We have no idea what’s next for our family of six, no back up plan, no next destination, no home. Who would choose that for their family of six? No one. We also have a car that now has engine problems and a tremendous amount of unknowns,” Pepper Berry wrote.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back