GUILTY UK - Viktorija Sokolova, 14, Murdered, Wolverhampton W. Mids, 11 April 2018 *Arrests*

15:31
Judge 'considering' whether killer should be identified
There is a break in proceedings while The Honourable Mr Justice Jeremy Baker retires to consider whether reporting restrictions, which stop the media from identifying the defendant, should be lifted.

He told the court that when he returns, he will pass sentence and then deliver his decision.

Teen who raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova learns jail term

The thing is with these diminshed responsibility defences is that I see them as a kind of admission of guilt. If you didn't do it I don't see why you would claim mental health was affected at the time.

16:06
Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board statement
We have just been sent this statement from Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board:

Linda Sanders, Independent Chair of Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board, said: “This was an horrific crime and our thoughts are with the family and friends of Viktorija Sokolova.

“Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board is currently undertaking a multi-agency Serious Case Review which is looking at what involvement, if any, local agencies had with Viktorija and her family, and is seeking to establish whether any lessons can be learned which may improve the way they address potential risks to other children in the future.

“It is planned that the Serious Case Review will be published this summer.”

Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board is a partnership of all the main organisations that work in the city to support children, young people and their families.

Teen who raped and killed Viktorija Sokolova learns fate - updates

16:18KEY EVENT
Minimum term of 19 years
The Honourable Mr Justice Jeremy Baker has returned to the courtroom.

He has asked the defendant to remain seated as he delivers the sentence.

“It’s clear what took place in West Park was not a matter of happy chance but had been carefully planned by you,” he said.

“It’s clear you had not only planned to anally rape her but, thereafter, to batter her to death with the weapon.

“You continue to deny being responsible and show no remorse.”

The 17-year-old was sentenced to a minimum term of 19 years in prison.

Teen who raped and killed Viktorija Sokolova learns fate - updates

It certainly doesn't seem long enough. This wasn't just murder it was a shocking amount of violence used, rape, and planning too. But it does say minimum, I hope he won't be getting out that easily after the 19 years, without rehabilitation being evident. I wonder how much difference his age made to the sentence.

I was just reading the news, I'm glad that they have the man. I hope that they lift his anonymity.
The thing that baffled me though was why her stepfathers semen was in hee underwear? I really hope this wasn't the reason that she hated home and would run away etc. He has denied it. Extremely strange though. I'm new to this case, has this been cleared up and the stepfather is definetly innocent?

I was just reading the news, I'm glad that they have the man. I hope that they lift his anonymity.
The thing that baffled me though was why her stepfathers semen was in hee underwear? I really hope this wasn't the reason that she hated home and would run away etc. He has denied it. Extremely strange though. I'm new to this case, has this been cleared up and the stepfather is definetly innocent?

Hi ...

Yes, after the verdict, police statement read stating that step dad nor mum were ever a suspect.

The semen from stepdad was a trace amount - ie very, very small amount.

We'd already learned that mum had destroyed most of Viktorijas non school uniform clothes to try and stop her going out drinking and smoking in the park - no casual clothes so she wont go out etc

I think it's likely that her new white Jeans (she'd stolen money from parents to buy them) were in a dirty laundry basket - along with underwear from parents and that, desperate to go out, Viktorija took the Jeans back from the basket before they'd been washed ... but ultimately we will never know other than the fact that Stepdad hasn't been arrested or charged with anything.

Just caught up on this and it's very sad. I heard about it a while ago but didn't read into the details of it, that poor girl. I can't imagine what she had to go through. I'm glad the perpetrator was caught, but it seems like he is very mentally unstable if the previous reports are accurate.

The semen trace from her step-father is concerning. I would like to believe the defence that it may have just been transfer from the laundry, I hope it was anyway. To think she suffered abuse at home and then had her life cut short in such a brutal way is just heartbreaking.

The twisted teenager who brutally raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova can finally be named - after Black Country Live appealed for restrictions to be lifted.

We can now reveal that it was Ayman Aziz who lured the 14-year-old to West Park, Wolverhampton, on April 11, telling his unsuspecting victim he wanted to ‘smoke weed and talk about stuff’.

But Aziz, who had made a series of sexually explicit internet searches in the lead-up to their meeting, intended to have sex with the Lithuanian schoolgirl that night.

When she refused, there was “an explosion of violence”.

Sick teen who raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova finally named

The twisted teenager who brutally raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova can finally be named - after Black Country Live appealed for restrictions to be lifted.

We can now reveal that it was Ayman Aziz who lured the 14-year-old to West Park, Wolverhampton, on April 11, telling his unsuspecting victim he wanted to ‘smoke weed and talk about stuff’.

But Aziz, who had made a series of sexually explicit internet searches in the lead-up to their meeting, intended to have sex with the Lithuanian schoolgirl that night.

When she refused, there was “an explosion of violence”.

Sick teen who raped and murdered Viktorija Sokolova finally named
I still think there was more than one person involved in this. I really hope I'm wrong, and local rumours are nothing more than that.

This is the face of the teen rapist who brutally attacked and murdered a 14-year-old schoolgirl after luring her online.

Ayman Aziz, 17, contacted Viktorija Sokolova online and lured her to a Wolverhampton park, where he subjected her to horrific levels of violence in a two-hour attack before dumping her body on a bench. [...]

Although the trial judge agreed to lift those restrictions following an application by news organisations, the teenager's lawyers challenged that decision and the restrictions remained in place pending an appeal.

16501518-7285747-image-a-1_1564072241287.jpg

more to read at link

Face of teen rapist, 17, who brutally attacked and murdered schoolgirl, 14, revealed | Daily Mail Online

I still think there was more than one person involved in this. I really hope I'm wrong, and local rumours are nothing more than that.
What are the rumours? I’ve not heard anything but I followed this case closesly during the trial. So glad his identity’s been finally released. Let’s hope ana kriegels killers are named next.

I still don't think he killed her. Not a drop of her blood was found on him, how?
He did rape her, that is clear. But he wasn't the only one. They found semen from like, 3 people (?) on her.

I disagree, I think the evidence was over whelming against him personally. He was forensically aware and smart enough to bring a change of clothes with him, the blood stained clothes were never found but he was caught on cctv leaving the park in different clothes than he entered, carrying a backpack and returning home without it. Unfortunately that was never found, she was known to be promiscuous so the semen could of been from something unrelated, maybe a few days previously and she hadn’t washed the clothes or something as innocent as that. he then tried to delete his Facebook permanently and hide his phone behind a wardrobe, Too much of a coincidence i think personally. Didn’t His gazelle trainers leave footprints in her blood ( they could tell by their unique sole pattern) so he was definitely there when she suffered the blows, no evidence of anyone else caught on cctv entering/leaving the park around that time either.

I still don't think he killed her. Not a drop of her blood was found on him, how?
He did rape her, that is clear. But he wasn't the only one. They found semen from like, 3 people (?) on her.

I agree with @Kikixxxx ... the evidence was very clear.

1 of the forensic samples on her clothing, that you refer to, was her step Dads semen.

He was questioned in court during the trial and was never under suspicion f

This is the face of the teen rapist who brutally attacked and murdered a 14-year-old schoolgirl after luring her online.

Ayman Aziz, 17, contacted Viktorija Sokolova online and lured her to a Wolverhampton park, where he subjected her to horrific levels of violence in a two-hour attack before dumping her body on a bench. [...]

Although the trial judge agreed to lift those restrictions following an application by news organisations, the teenager's lawyers challenged that decision and the restrictions remained in place pending an appeal.

16501518-7285747-image-a-1_1564072241287.jpg

more to read at link

Face of teen rapist, 17, who brutally attacked and murdered schoolgirl, 14, revealed | Daily Mail Online

Interesting that this face and name is NOT what was going round on social media at the time or around trial time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back