Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is this a trick of the mind because we’re thinking about what might have happened there?

I agree, I’m a country girl and I have a bit of an obsession with exploring remote and abandoned buildings ... but this park feels eerie. I think it’s the combination of bleak weather, graffitied abandoned spaces and the mind running over what may or may not have happened here.

Eerie seeing all the water too. The ponds, the river ...

Thank you @Strontium69 for these videos and your efforts in gettting this footage. I hope you’re feeling better. And yes, you’re right, we could view bits on google maps but this gives a much clearer impression IMO. Seeing the bench / spidercam is a little eerie too.
Yeah very strange atmosphere when i was there. My mind working overtime wondering what happened that night

I guess it gets difficult because the police cannot search private land without permission
They were all over the back gardens of the houses backing onto the drain in the early days. I am guessing they were asking permission, as they were also interviewing door to door on the streets round about very early on.

It would be really interesting to know just how dark that park is at night (with a quarter moon). Whether it would be possible/impossible to see where you were going, whether it might be easy to hide, whether you would see the pond/river before you ran into it, whether there are joggers/cyclists/kids around, whether there are foxes etc etc

Next similar moon phase is this coming week - 27th/28th.

It would be really interesting to know just how dark that park is at night (with a quarter moon). Whether it would be possible/impossible to see where you were going, whether it might be easy to hide, whether you would see the pond/river before you ran into it, whether there are joggers/cyclists/kids around, whether there are foxes etc etc

@Strontium69 you down? Lol! Just kidding. Don't want your tyres being punctured by randy foxes!

Thurs I came back with a puncture on the font tire in the morning. Fixed that. Thurs afternoon I came back with a puncture in the back tire! Fixed that, Friday I got taken out by a car altogether! I really wasn't expecting this rate of attrition!

I squeezed my buttocks in for you when you went between the ruddy bus and kerb! Your bravery, time and commitment is appreciated truly!

Didnt realise it was unlocked! Was suprised by the signs of fires/ life etc on the Croda side.

This is the gate at the top end of Oak Road, where Beresford Avenue merges into a parking area with Oak Road, at the entrance to the park. It appears locked but there is no padlock on it.

1) Gate and bollards (locked) at Clough Road end of Oak Road
2) Gate (unlocked) at Beresford Avenue end of Oak Road

Some local kids with skateboards further up knew it was unlocked, so it has potentially been like that and 'local knowledge' for a while.

Attachments

• or2.png
    or2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
This is the gate at the top end of Oak Road, where Beresford Avenue merges into a parking area with Oak Road, at the entrance to the park. It appears locked but there is no padlock on it.

1) Gate and bollards (locked) at Clough Road end of Oak Road
2) Gate (unlocked) at Beresford Avenue end of Oak Road

Some local kids with skateboards further up knew it was unlocked, so it has potentially been like that and 'local knowledge' for a while.

So is the pedestrianised area between the bollards wide enough for a car?

Also guessing that the area with lots of green roofs are the allotments? That looks to be a massive area so I really hope these have been searched

I squeezed my buttocks in for you when you went between the ruddy bus and kerb! Your bravery, time and commitment is appreciated truly!

That was technically a cycle lane but yeah normally I avoid these main roads, also because of the pot holes!
Awesome work Strontium, a few notes I made in my head, but first of all LOL at the man wheeling a shopping trolley full of beer across Bev Road!

It seems like red brick house would indeed have a decent view of anyone running in the park. Hard to get a feel for how far away the terraced houses are but looks like they'd have a view, too. The trees are pretty bare thus not obstructing the view too much.

The river does not look like the kind you'd easily get swept away in. Also looks like there are lots of reeds that could help you out (though I assume these are boggy underfoot?). Needless to say the shock of cold could kill someone if they fell in, but I'm really swaying away from my initial feeling she was in the river.

A vehicle driving down the park end of Beresford would be pretty noticeable I think, at that time of night. Pretty sure I'd notice through traffic, especially at night (if awake, and assuming car headlights were on)

Very bare also between the bench and Haworth. Nowhere for anyone to hide / pounce.

I'm not entirely sure really. That little area is well lit by a row of very bright white led street lights, and it provides garage access to the backs of some of those houses. There are probably incessant teenagers parking up there, as well as people on foot and cycle all day and night. Taxis and others are probably turning round there regularly all ours.

But yes, the back of the red brick house would be overlooking the entire path on the way to the pond.

Last edited:
So is the pedestrianised area between the bollards wide enough for a car?

Also guessing that the area with lots of green roofs are the allotments? That looks to be a massive area so I really hope these have been searched

Yes it is wide enough for a car the whole way from Beresford Avenue to Clough Road. BUT at the Clough end there is a padlock on the barrier PLUS there are three independent rising bollards all with locks on.

I have not heard of them searching the allotment. They have searched/bramble strimmed either side of the Oak road pathway between these two barriers, and also were on the inside of the Croda fence that runs along that part of the pathway/Oak Road.

The allotment has a secure locked car gate further up along Clough Road, keys are gained from the Council when you put your name down for an allotment and get one and start paying for it.

You'll have to take my word for it, as the camera can't pick anything up at night at all!

The only lit area of the park is at the entrance.

However, up on the river bank you can see fairly well by the lights from across the river.

(1) Start of the video, fairly pitch black, some light from the far bank.
(2) Along this part of the bank it is fairly well lit from the far bank; into this part of the woods visibility is good enough to see colour and to read from the lights from the far bank.
(3) Underneath the giant turbine at the end of the video
(4) This clearing inside the wooded area was very good visibility during full moon.

Attachments

• or night.png
    or night.png
    696.5 KB · Views: 10
You'll have to take my word for it, as the camera can't pick anything up at night at all!

The only lit area of the park is at the entrance.

However, up on the river bank you can see fairly well by the lights from across the river.

(1) Start of the video, fairly pitch black, some light from the far bank.
(2) Along this part of the bank it is fairly well lit from the far bank; into this part of the woods visibility is good enough to see colour and to read from the lights from the far bank.
(3) Underneath the giant turbine at the end of the video
(4) This clearing inside the wooded area was very good visibility during full moon.
You are so brave, it scared me just watching

1) Potentially around Croda along Oak Road... but that was where they had shifted their search this last week. I was intending to do a circuit of the Croda fence, will try and go and do that later.

2) Yeah all the time. There is an actual homeless encampment in the trees near the pond; there are remains of tents in the enclosure, but yes, it has all the signs that inner city abandoned places have; kids/homeless/drugs/graffiti/detritus/brambles/nettles!

Hey Strontium , keep up the good work and hope your feeling better. If you could keep your eye out for any places where someone could get through that fence along the boundary with Croda that would be great.
If there is anywhere and your thinking of going in to have a nosey about id say take someone with you .

Thurs I came back with a puncture on the font tire in the morning. Fixed that. Thurs afternoon I came back with a puncture in the back tire! Fixed that, Friday I got taken out by a car altogether! I really wasn't expecting this rate of attrition!
Strontium , have you tried puncture resistant tyres like schwalbe marathons , they really do work , almost completely stop punctures.

Are you saying Libby lives on Ventnor Street?
No im saying as little as 3 days earlier he stole another girls knickers from Ventnor Street.
So he clearly has a liking for keeping personal items off his victims , i can also imagine him filming stuff as others have suggested before. he clearly enjoys what he does.
If he took Libby to the park and made a move on her and she screamed , possibly ran , he might have killed her to silence her noise (deliberately or accidentally).
After that i dont think he would have panicked , he would have been energised on adrenaline and hyper alert , he would have got her somewhere dark and unobserved and spent as long as he chose with her. He probably observed other people in and around the park more than they observed him. he would obviously have been prioritising stealth and as a predator it would be second nature to him. The only difficulty would have been disposing of the body. Maybe he lay low waiting for the park to be totally quiet and then carried her to the river , but i dont see him just carrying her in plain sight , plus the tide was half out so i cant see him risking walking on the mud bank to reach the river to put her in. More likely he would have got her somewhere dark and out of sight when he subdued her and thought about the best thing to do then , and that would be to hide her somewhere private like croda or transport her somewhere else.
Im just thinking how likely it is that he kept something of libbys and the chances that maybe the police found something of Libbys in his house , and if for example the police had found Libbys knickers in PRs house wether that would be good enough proof to charge him with abduction and murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashtonsmyangel!