ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me so sad, I’m not that far away and I just saw this story for the first time today on FB. Why isn’t it getting more attention?

Did she really leave the facility? She’s a baby, 9 years old? So young. It seems so young to run away.

View attachment 170420 It says this picture was taken on February 2 the day before Serenity ran away. She is holding her baby sister. So she must have been home or had a family visit that day
What a darling picture. Thanks for finding that, Monkey boy.

New picture and flier for Serenity Dennard
Law enforcement agencies are now circulating a new picture and flyer of Serenity Dennard. This picture of Serenity was taken on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, the day before she left the Black Hills Children’s Home in Rockerville. Since this is the most recent photo, we hope people will circulate this picture and the new flyer produced with her family’s input. The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office is working with national missing children’s groups to circulate the flyer.

Still holding on for a miracle but find myself on Thread #2. :/

Never thought we'd be here! Where are you, sweetheart?

A lot in interesting insight on the Thread #1 with the personal experience with work or family members, thank you for sharing with us that aren't 'seasoned.'

Not to thread jack too much - as my husband and I were getting into bed last night, we commented on how cold we were and he asked me to check the outside temp. It was 68*F. Now, we live in the Middle East (via Texas) where it gets up to 127* and fairly high humidity so for us, we were chilled. It's all relative to what becomes "your" normal. I'm sure some of you are thinking 68*, oh, that's a glorious temperature but 127*......NO WAY! I'd die! Well, the same goes for the 0*F and the cold, cold, COLD temps in Serenity's story. I simply just can't grasp how cold this precious girl has had to deal with. Looking at the pictures; remembering the SAR dogs, especially the one that had icicles on its snout, just about tears my heart out knowing what the search teams are trudging through to find this young girl. She'll always be in my heart and on my mind, we will find you Serenity! Please, Lord! Help us find her.

The quiet is sad and I suppose it is because there is no news.

Where is this child?? Why have they not found her?

Every day I wake up and hope to see a headline that she has been found safe.

Maybe this case needs more public attention?

Do the other children in this home know she is missing and ran? That has to be hard each and every day.

Just checking in, was hoping to see news.
Like you chili, checking on this little one also. Never forgotten and I pray for answers soon!

It’s against TOS to discuss in detail. But there is drama among the adults who are involved or were at one time involved in little serenity’s life relating to why she was in the home etc. it has no bearing on why she’s missing or in any way helpful to finding her. It’s derailed many of the find serenity groups.
This is the very reason I don't follow SM on WS cases. It's pathetic that grown adults can't put the focus and attention on finding SD.

Little angel where are you?

You are right the picture was taken at the home society. If you watch the Video from the 125 year celebration you can see where it was taken

The day before she ran out of the gymnasium..... Is it me? Did anyone else have hinky meter elevation on this little piece of information? More to come with edits IMO

ETA @girlhasnoname just finished OUR thoughts. Hope okay to put it that way.

ETA2 I do not need to know the whys. What would cause SD to want to run? Does she miss her baby sister that much? Did she possibly not realize how cold it had gotten?

Was this the only attempt she made? Success on her first runaway situation? No previous trial runs?

I really hate to admit what is obvious to many. And yet, I cling to hope that you're all wrong.

Alright, I became selfish there. HOPE. Faith that the Universe might just bring us another safe recovery, of a little nine (9) year old child. Big gigantic Sigh ~~~

ETA3: Punctuation, silly me forget to end a ? with a ? :)

ETA4: I hope okay. I just looked at that last picture, for the umpteenth time... She really does look happy. That looks like a smile of love. Oh SD, did you somehow make it out of there? Could someone have rescued you, and didn't realize you already have a loving family? They are waiting for you at home. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps some drone operators could volunteer their time and scan the area again. She’s tiny and could have sheltered in so many places. Poor little one.

Don't they have some operations where 100+ drones can be operated simultaneously? Get enough volunteers in one of those heated mobile labs and get it done? Too expensive? IMO I'd volunteer to stare at a monitor. Crowdsource a search mission? Does anyone even do that yet? We need more CCTV. Everywhere. IMHO

This makes me so sad, I’m not that far away and I just saw this story for the first time today on FB. Why isn’t it getting more attention?

Did she really leave the facility? She’s a baby, 9 years old? So young. It seems so young to run away.

Sadly, the really frigid weather conditions have hampered all of their efforts. If you wander back through the thread(s), you will see pictures of all the brave searchers, the icicled dogs wanting to keep going...

More sadly, MSM doesn't have anything further to report, until the responders can continue searching. Meanwhile, snows have fallen. I forget what the measured accumulation has been, since SD ran. IMO I needed those stats at my fingertips.

ETA: National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Still trying to find totals, but this forecast will give you an idea about their conditions.

Last edited:
The new flyer is a wonderful picture -- but again says this healthy-looking child is 4' 7" and 96 pounds!!!

Is her weight transposed?

Unlikely to help us all find Serenity, either way.

Prayers & comfort for Serenity, her families, and all involved in her care & search, Laughing

Like you chili, checking on this little one also. Never forgotten and I pray for answers soon!

Good morning girl. Checking again this morning as well. We would all like to see her found. My prayers continue as well.

Don't they have some operations where 100+ drones can be operated simultaneously? Get enough volunteers in one of those heated mobile labs and get it done? Too expensive? IMO I'd volunteer to stare at a monitor. Crowdsource a search mission? Does anyone even do that yet? We need more CCTV. Everywhere. IMHO

This is how I think. Each and every day we hear of such amazing new technologies. Yet a need to find a child is hampered by this, that and the other thing. What is it? Red tape, it takes a year to get authorization, liability waivers, etc.? Expense? Weather? Heck people live in far colder climates. I am being half sarcastic and half serious, I would not even doubt that things like that play in. And again I guess I am armchair quarterbacking which truly is not fair. My hope is that such things are looked into or added, as you say CCTV and more, to avoid such things in the future. Maybe just a guard 24/7 outside the building we could crowd fund to take after any runner who is as fast as a superhero and as well intentioned as a superhero--trying for some positive thoughts this a.m. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23