CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying, and I hear you.
I am an animal lover.
And I am a horseman (woman) with 45 years in.
But.....being an animal lover and being a horseman are two very different things.
Being a horseman is way beyond being an animal lover. I promise you.
IMO, he would not have involved his horse in any plans of suicide.

But, we don’t know Ben. We all think differently.
No one is stating he took his own life, only discussing what might have happened.
I just hope he’s found so his family get some type of closure. With spring on the horizon, maybe searches will be more productive, Moo.

Last edited:
Don't forget #4) The Unexplained.

Thousand's of people all over the world go missing every year without a trace. Some are found and many are not. Luke Neville, Dean Morrison and Ryan Shtuka come to mind. All three vanished with no trace from the same geographic area. Dean and Ben just a few miles from each other.

Dog_River

Seems like Canada has a lot of unsolved MP cases.

But, we don’t know Ben. We all think differently.
No one is stating he took his own life, only discussing what might have happened.
I just hope he’s found so his family get some type of closure. With spring on the horizon, maybe searches will be more productive, Moo.
" We All think differently" - so true.
If you've spent any time around race horse barns, horse shows,
rodeos, trail rides w/ lot of people, you will see different people
treat their horses in all manners from spoiling them with great care to treating them like machines like a beast of burden.

Not trying to be argumentative, at all!! But IMO no matter what, none of us horse people would do anything to jeopardize the well-being of our horses. They are much more than a pet to us. Much more. If he was suicidal, he could/would have left his horse out of his plans.

It's hard to convey to non-horse people how much we would not do this to our horses.
Agree. Agree. Agree. I loved my horse (and my cats) and would not leave them to fend for themselves. Ever! I doubt Ben would either. The only way I can see this is if the horse was definitely left somewhere it would be found. But even then..doubt it. . And in that case, where is Ben? He walked off somewhere? Again I don’t think so. Jmo.

Don't forget #4) The Unexplained.

Thousand's of people all over the world go missing every year without a trace. Some are found and many are not. Luke Neville, Dean Morrison and Ryan Shtuka come to mind. All three vanished with no trace from the same geographic area. Dean and Ben just a few miles from each other.

Dog_River
Even unexplained and unfound have a cause. It’s just not been discovered yet.

Last edited:
" We All think differently" - so true.
If you've spent any time around race horse barns, horse shows,
rodeos, trail rides w/ lot of people, you will see different people
treat their horses in all manners from spoiling them with great care to treating them like machines like a beast of burden.

Exactly. I’m sure Ben didn’t baby his horses the way I treat mine. I generally ride with men & there’s a distinct difference in their horsemanship v mine.
IMO the MCU working this case omits “accident” from the list of possibilities.

Exactly. I’m sure Ben didn’t baby his horses the way I treat mine. I generally ride with men & there’s a distinct difference in their horsemanship v mine.
IMO the MCU working this case omits “accident” from the list of possibilities.
His horse is shiny and well groomed. Beautiful animal. I only think if suicide was an option here, he could have accomplished that without stranding his animal. And also, why leave it saddled and bridled? And stranded.

His horse is shiny and well groomed. Beautiful animal. I only think if suicide was an option here, he could have accomplished that without stranding his animal. And also, why leave it saddled and bridled? And stranded.

So glad Jack was able to get Ben’s animals back to WY.
That must bring some comfort to the family.
I agree, I don’t think the disappearance was by choice.
Ben led a great life, it seems.

Days ago I was intrigued to read several mgs here regarding a "container" of some sort.

I've tried several times to go back and find out what container was being discussed. I have failed big time... all I've managed to do is get "knocked offline" over and over again. Grrh...

Unless it happened to be a shaky subject being discussed, is anybody here willing/able to shed some light on the subject for me? TIA

Days ago I was intrigued to read several mgs here regarding a "container" of some sort.

I've tried several times to go back and find out what container was being discussed. I have failed big time... all I've managed to do is get "knocked offline" over and over again. Grrh...

Unless it happened to be a shaky subject being discussed, is anybody here willing/able to shed some light on the subject for me? TIA

The containers were discussed in detail on The official FB page. Idk if the discussion still exists. The admin’ deletes a lot of posts.

Even unexplained and unfound have a cause. It’s just not been discovered yet.
I was going to say, the unexplained ones make me more suspicious than anything else. Most especially multiple disappearances in the same area with no explanation.
While am an animal lover...I am not a horse person, have no experience with his lifestyle, and am not a horsewoman … But I’m chiming in that I also feel that he would not have stranded his horse out there alone without him on purpose.

Missing Ben Tyner FB page

Update on continuing searches. Done by groups who searched before and assisted in horse rescue. Interesting horse referred to as “she.” Thought it was Ben’s gelding, not his mare.

Sorry phone not letting me link but this page is linked here earlier on thread.

I am not one for posting often, but I have to say something here. I spent part of my childhood in northern BC near Tatla Lake on a large farm, with my lovely Dad a Cowboy. Once I got angry and took off on my horse for a long ride, and when I came back I got one of the worst telling off's I ever received, not just for taking off, but for not saddling the horse properly. My dad, the cowboy, were a fine line as his children we were taught exactly the right/wrong ways to do everything, and chance was not done. To this day, I can still hear him every time I think of not bothering to do something and he has been gone many years. So no, I do not remotely think Ben left his horse by choice.

I was going to say, the unexplained ones make me more suspicious than anything else. Most especially multiple disappearances in the same area with no explanation.
While am an animal lover...I am not a horse person, have no experience with his lifestyle, and am not a horsewoman … But I’m chiming in that I also feel that he would not have stranded his horse out there alone without him on purpose.
Let's just say he did commit suicide- where is his body? Where is there any evidence of Ben- clothing, boots, hat, etc? Nothing has been found, other than the reign that broke off, right?

I am not one for posting often, but I have to say something here. I spent part of my childhood in northern BC near Tatla Lake on a large farm, with my lovely Dad a Cowboy. Once I got angry and took off on my horse for a long ride, and when I came back I got one of the worst telling off's I ever received, not just for taking off, but for not saddling the horse properly. My dad, the cowboy, were a fine line as his children we were taught exactly the right/wrong ways to do everything, and chance was not done. To this day, I can still hear him every time I think of not bothering to do something and he has been gone many years. So no, I do not remotely think Ben left his horse by choice.

We just don’t know. We know what we might do or what we “think” Ben or an avid horseman might do, or hope they would do. There’s no way for us to know if Ben shared your mindset or that of your cowboy father.
The FB page has a lot of posts by lifelong friends of Ben & family (according to their posts) many immediately went with the suicide theory, evident in their posts. The admin’ let the posts remain.
Moo

Let's just say he did commit suicide- where is his body? Where is there any evidence of Ben- clothing, boots, hat, etc? Nothing has been found, other than the reign that broke off, right?
Truth. Also once off his horse he wouldn’t have gone far. One foot was hurt from his horse stepping on it the previous summer.

Linked to Missing fB page.

Truth. Also once off his horse he wouldn’t have gone far. One foot was hurt from his horse stepping on it the previous summer.

Linked to Missing fB page.

He would have had to got off horse in a very desolate area, turning horse loose there.
As far as the foot injury, it’d be the same had he had an accident. How far could he go?
I still lean towards foul play. Moo

I really do not think self harm applies here. I think the horse spooked and it was a horrible accident.

Could be. His family obviously think otherwise, according to FB. My understanding is the SAR teams searched secluded areas, with no success.
I’m sure spring can’t get here fast enough for Ben’s family so wider searches can take place.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member