CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Video surveillance from the Safeway in WP, CO showed KB and Baby K shopping at the store. It appeared she departed the grocery store at approximately 12:27 p.m. Investigators located receipts from Safeway in the residence and vehicle that corroborate this information.
  • Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in WP, CO with a baby carrier with similar blankets as seen in the Safeway footage. Although, Baby K can’t be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier.
  • At Approximately 1:24 p.m. an individual that matched the physical description of PF is captured on a neighbor’s surveillance camera entering the front door of KB’s residence. The photograph contradicts PF’s timeline provided to investigators.
  • The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of PF at KB’s residence at or about 3:36 p.m. It is noted that around this time. PF’s phone records indicated that he called his mother and KK.

Not sure how to fit this video capture in, but it's there:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
State gives him another still of that neighbor’s surveillance. He says it shows Berreth, Kaylee, Frazee & her flowers out front of Kelsey’s door around 1 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:42 AM - 19 Feb 2019

I am guessing PF my have a misguided idea that children stay sweet, cute, and controllable for a lifetime. I am glad it is something we do not have to see when he realizes children have a mind, temperament, and personality of their own. This should start to show any month now.

especially when a sweet child begins to grow up, and ask 'Where is my mommy?' That would have been a very difficult family dynamic if it had continued on. SOOOOOO Glad they arrested that monster.

I know? When did this happen

Do we have any idea as to whether these socks appear to have been taken off of KB's body after the attack or were in a laundry pile or dresser where they were bloodied secondarily in the attack?

No idea. I just can't figure out how they ended up in KB's car.

Last edited:
And this is absolute textbook behavior by a Narcissist.

He seeks out the empathic partner and keeps testing her by abusing her in some respect.

I didn't know these kinds of people existed until much later in my dating life. When I read about it and saw the pattern it was immediately obvious and I quickly got rid of my seemingly perfect guy.

I wouldn't have been able to see the manipulation and Narcissistic abuse at KB's age. I would have just wondered what was wrong with ME that I couldn't fix the relationship

Ditto that.

I hope you don't mind, but your post also caused me to ponder a couple of things

I forget how far away in terms of driving time she lives from Patrick, but for a woman who was scared to death of him, she sure had an immediate out, if she had just called the cops and said she thought he killed his girlfriend and tell them that he asked her to clean it up. They would have nailed him right away, but no, she still drove down, cleaned and burned things, went back home, and burned more things in her front yard.

The weather was pretty good that Thanksgiving weekend and we've estimated the driving time from Twin Falls, ID to Woodland Park, CO would have been about 8 hours each way.

8 hours EACH WAY

Thanksgiving is one of the busiest air travel times of the year. If KK flew, she wouldn't have used her own name, she would "borrow" the ID of a friend and flash it to get on board. Easy, Peasy.

JMO
that would be some friend! Risking being charged with accessory to murder when the friend realizes what such a license would be used for...and when I travel they take a pretty good look at my ID at TSA security. She managed to avoid any video surveilance unlike PF. And family/friends would have to lie that she was present for Thanksgiving and day after. Anything is possible...but probable? I think it is about as likely as SW having Munchausen by Proxy in the Watts case, personally. MOO

Agreed. Among other things, I think she is lying about purposely leaving evidence specifically to tie a path for LE to get back to her.

You have my attention with video recordings.. is this new info?
Of course KK's lying and her lies make no sense. The evidence KK says she intentionally left behind didn't lead to her. The phone data is what triggered LE to contact her and her response was to lie to them. LE didn't know the townhouse was a crime scene until the Berreths notified them about the blood.

JMO

I must have missed something. KKL bought baby clothes for Baby K?
When?
Not "clothes" necessarily, just a t-shirt (and toys).

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
Slater said Kenney learned about Kaylee in July and bough her a t-shirt and toys when she visited. Slater said that’s when she found out about Kelsey.
Is this a different landfill from the one that PF and 2 friends went to prior? Thanks in advance.
PF and buddies seen at Waste Management transfer station in Divide. The Waste Management LANDFILL that will be searched beginning next week is in Fountain, CO. Fountain is approximately an hour south of Divide.
MOO

Not sure how to fit this video capture in, but it's there:

State gives him another still of that neighbor’s surveillance. He says it shows Berreth, Kaylee, Frazee & her flowers out front of Kelsey’s door around 1 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:42 AM - 19 Feb 2019

• Nov 22 - KB was last seen on the Safeway surveillance video about 12:27 p.m. KB’s purchased items for dip and flowers at Safeway. KB was next seen in her car on surveillance video from Williams Bros Furniture, at 12:37

I must have missed something. KKL bought baby clothes for Baby K?
When?

Slater says Kenney didn’t learn of Kaylee until July. He says Kenney was shocked. Slater says Kenney brought a t-shirt and toys for Kaylee in an August 2018 visit, when she learned of Kelsey. She says Frazee didn’t want to talk about it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

10:49 AM - 19 Feb 2019

So, there's another visit for KK to Woodland Park. August, September, October and November. She must have the route memorized by now.

I hope not, I really really hope she was not alive all that time in the tote. That would just devastate a lot of us to hear that, imagine what this would do to her family and her daughter (in the future, of course) psychologically, to know that she not only suffered a brutal beating, but then was still alive and they shot her to make sure she was dead, before burning her? This whole entire case is filled with evil and sickness, that would just be the icing on top of the devil's cake for me.

I'm quite sure the attack was enough to kill her within the first few blows by a baseball bat to the head.

I , sadly, think that PF would have expended his rage by pummeling her dead body savagely. The tooth being knocked out tells me she was hit in the face.
She would not have survived long after the first one or two blows by him.

The weather was pretty good that Thanksgiving weekend and we've estimated the driving time from Twin Falls, ID to Woodland Park, CO would have been about 8 hours each way.

8 hours EACH WAY
I get 12 hours from Twin Falls, ID to Florissant, CO, where she went first for the keys.
Google Maps

Last edited:
I have wondered if she talked to any of her LDS friends about her situation and they just haven't spoken up about it. Being involved with a narc and dealing w/the consequences of that can put anyone into a depressive mode, especially when the truth/reality begins to dawn. It's easy to get mad, at the narc, and at oneself...which can lead to depression.

She was Seventh-Day Adventist, not LDS

I wonder if LE has phone pings for him on Friday, Nov 23 and Sat Nov 24 driving around WP. Surely there must also have been phone pings between PF and KKL when she arrived.

I can't believe he wouldn't want to drive around and try to scope out KB's condo just to make sure there weren't any unexpected vehicles, like LE cars or visitor's cars at her place. We've seen you can see the drive up to her place from several places on the street that wouldn't attract attention

• Video surveillance from the Safeway in WP, CO showed KB and Baby K shopping at the store. It appeared she departed the grocery store at approximately 12:27 p.m. Investigators located receipts from Safeway in the residence and vehicle that corroborate this information.
  • Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in WP, CO with a baby carrier with similar blankets as seen in the Safeway footage. Although, Baby K can’t be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier.
  • At Approximately 1:24 p.m. an individual that matched the physical description of PF is captured on a neighbor’s surveillance camera entering the front door of KB’s residence. The photograph contradicts PF’s timeline provided to investigators.
  • The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of PF at KB’s residence at or about 3:36 p.m. It is noted that around this time. PF’s phone records indicated that he called his mother and KK.
What time was the Thanksgiving meal?

In all the details of KB's Pinterest, her visit to a Seventh Day Adventist center for depression, of her (apparent) limited discussion of the real issues with her mother, I get a terrible sense of passiveness.

I don't know if that is what her faith guides her to, but I don't get a sense of a major decision to leave PF, to secure Baby K, to remove herself from the WP area.

Of course, we are now looking at everything in the retrospective scope, seeing the building danger that was around her since September, when the first plots on her life were created.

But, I feel a terrible, sad passivity in her acceptance of issues with PF that were severely troubling her. I also feel terrible that there wasn't someone close to her to sense danger and get her out of there.
The plots on her life may have started in September, but the anger and hatred towards her started long before. I know she felt it, probably tried with all of her heart to fix the problems. The depression center/retreat was a way for her to regroup and talk through the issues she needed to resolve to move on with her life.

I think, that seeing the center as an inpatient center is misinterpreting it, from the advertisements, it appears to be a retreat with emphasis on depression. I think any of us dealing psychotic murderers, would seek help through our family, church, and friends. We might not be willing to entirely expose our full situation to those closest to us. Since they weren’t married, she may not have felt that a lawyer could help her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288