Possible victims of alleged serial killer, Bruce McArthur 1970's-2018

Cold case special

Are the unknown victims of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur hidden among these 22 cold cases?
NAME: Dennis Colby

DATE: Sept. 12, 1995

CIRCUMSTANCES: Former Toronto District School Board trustee Dennis Colby was found beaten to death in his apartment at 185 Cosborn Ave. where he lived alone. Cops say he was last seen on Sept. 9 when he visited his mother. A concerned friend called the police and they discovered his lifeless body. On Sept. 7th, neighbours had heard men arguing in the apartment.

Having just watched that, it states they went looking for homicides to compare. I wonder about the missing men from the area as well. Sometimes with time and animals a body may not be found. I am of the opinion that there a probably a mix of missing, murders and homeless who were never reported missing who were victims.

I wonder if he ever traveled to the US. There are a couple of cases in Massachusetts and Chicago that seem kind of similar.

I wonder if he ever traveled to the US. There are a couple of cases in Massachusetts and Chicago that seem kind of similar.
Just noting that there has been an update today regarding a suspect in the serial murders of gay men in in San Francisco.
The "Doodler" draws his victims before killing them.
CA - CA - The Doodler *UNSOLVED*

Up to 30 cold cases being reviewed for possible McArthur connection: lead detective - CityNews Toronto
Jan 18 2019
"According to the lead investigator on the case, Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga, dozens of cold cases are still being reviewed for a possible link to McArthur.

“(There’s) between 20 and 30 cold cases, but again we have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that links Mr. McArthur to any of those.”

Idsinga says until the cases are solved police won’t rule anything out. “There’s still officers involved reviewing cold cases,” he added."

Looking+for+Answers.jpg

Cold case leaves victim's family looking for answers

Could John Klinger (49) of Eau Claire, WI be a victim of the Toronto serial killer Bruce Mcarthur?!! John Klinger fits the profile of Mcarthur's victims: Gay, Aged 40+, Facial Hair, Possible Glasses, Darker Skin or Hair, Used The Internet, Was Within 12 Hour Driving Distance. The moment I read these things and saw this man's picture I instantly thought of Mcarthur and his victims.

Toronto police are asking for any leads across both the US and Canadian provinces because they don't believe Mcarthur didn't start killing until his 50s, in 2003 Mcarthur was arrested for assaulting a gay man with a metal pipe.

Bruce is only attributed to the deaths of 8 gay men in Toronto but police speculate there are without a doubt more victims in or outside of the area. Toronto is only a twelve hour drive away from Eau Claire, WI and Bruce Mcarthur traveled a LOT, even as far as across seas to Italy, as a landscaper and traveling underwear salesman.

John Klinger was a known buyer and seller on Ebay so no stranger to the internet, as well as an open homosexual and Gay & AIDs activist (Is it safe to assume he browsed gay forums or dating sites if he was versed enough to use ebay and a gay activist?). Bruce Mcarthur met most of his gay victims on the internet, and did I mention Toronto is only 12 hours away and that Mcarthur had a traveling job? John was found deceased of drowning under suspicious circumstances in 2003.

The case of John Klinger's drowning has been a cold for 16 years. Homicide was never suspected by anybody other than family who were offering a $10,000 reward for any info. John Klinger was claimed to be disabled and unable to travel far enough on his own to have ended up drowned. A disabled homosexual would have been easy prey to Mcarthur.

John Klinger's drowning gets lumped in with the bizarre alcohol related college deaths but it differs too much and I strongly feel John Klinger should be considered a potential victim of Bruce Mcarthur, its the closest thing to a lead I think anybody will ever have. I personally believe Mcarthur killed a LOT more than 8 people, his methods may have varied, and this may very well be a potential victim.

We only even have 50-60 years conducted of semi solid serial killer research, on people who were caught, who could be considered "Failures" and "Not good at it". Had Samuel Little not confessed himself we'd have NEVER known it could've been as high as 90+.

Last edited:
Looking+for+Answers.jpg

Cold case leaves victim's family looking for answers

Could John Klinger (40) of Eau Claire, WI be a victim of the Toronto serial killer Bruce Mcarthur?!! John Klinger fits the profile of Mcarthur's victims: Aged 40+, Facial Hair, Possible Glasses, Darker Skin or Hair, Gay, Used The Internet, Was Within 12 Hour Driving Distance. The moment I read these things and saw this man's picture I instantly thought of Mcarthur and his victims.

Toronto police are asking for any leads across both the US and Canadian provinces because they don't believe Mcarthur didn't start killing until his 50s, in 2003 Mcarthur was arrested for assaulting a gay man with a metal pipe.

Bruce is only attributed to the deaths of 8 gay men in Toronto but police speculate there are without a doubt more victims in or outside of the area. Toronto is only a twelve hour drive away from Eau Claire, WI and Bruce Mcarthur traveled a LOT, even as far as across seas to Italy, as a landscaper and traveling underwear salesman.

John Klinger was a known buyer and seller on Ebay so no stranger to the internet, as well as an open homosexual and Gay & AIDs activist (Is it safe to assume he browsed gay forums or dating sites if he was versed enough to use ebay and a gay activist?). Bruce Mcarthur met most of his gay victims on the internet, and did I mention Toronto is only 12 hours away and that Mcarthur had a traveling job? John was found deceased of drowning under suspicious circumstances in 2003.

The case of John Klinger's drowning has been a cold for 16 years. Homicide was never suspected by anybody other than family who were offering a $10,000 reward for any info. John Klinger was claimed to be disabled and unable to travel far enough on his own to have ended up drowned. A disabled homosexual would have been easy prey to Mcarthur.

John Klinger's drowning gets lumped in with the bizarre alcohol related college deaths but it differs too much and I strongly feel John Klinger should be considered a potential victim of Bruce Mcarthur, its the closest thing to a lead I think anybody will ever have. I personally believe Mcarthur killed a LOT more than 8 people, his methods may have varied, and this may very well be a potential victim.

We only even have 50-60 years conducted of semi solid serial killer research, on people who were caught, who could be considered "Failures" and "Not good at it". Had Samuel Little not confessed himself we'd have NEVER known it could've been as high as 90+.
JK is referenced in a long post on this thread..
Possible Victims: Wisconsin
ETA Just started a thread for John Klinger..
WI - JOHN KLINGER, 49, Eau Claire,body found in river, 28 April 2003

Last edited:
ONTARIO COLD CASE: Bruce McArthur case renews interest in Jon Riley's disappearance
Sister calls for improvements in how police handle missing persons cases

Mar 22, 2019

"...Judi, who was living in Hawaii with her young son when Jon went missing, said she never heard from police again until she got a call from investigators on Feb. 18, 2018, asking her where a scar on Jon’s torso is located.

That call was in connection with an investigation into Toronto serial killer Bruce McArthur, who pleaded guilty in January to eight counts of first-degree murder.

“My brother, one of the closest persons in my orbit, disappeared inexplicably and no one helped me. I cried into the dark. Then Bruce McArthur comes along and now people are somewhat interested in missing persons.”

That began a fraught-filled journey for Judi because she believed it was possible Jon had crossed McArthur’s path in Toronto’s Gay Village.

Although her brother isn’t gay, Judi thought it was possible that Jon could have worked for McArthur’s landscape business as a hired hand.

She said her brother would often stay at a YMCA shelter in the area...."

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Bruce McArthur case renews interest in Jon Riley's disappearance

WAS_rileymissing___Super_Portrait.jpg

CANADA - Male, South Asian, 35-55, 5'4'', perfect teeth,“evil eye”pendant,Napanee,Ontario, 2 Oct. 1989

HUNTER: How many did Bruce McArthur really kill?
Feb 20 2020
mcarthur-e1582046590344.jpg

This murder victim, found in 1989, has the earmarks of Bruce McArthur victims. OPP

News link about the other possible victim referenced in the same article..
Oct 2016
Human remains identified as Manotick teen missing since 1994
''Twenty-two years after Shafiq Visram, 19, was reported missing from the Manotick area, prompting a massive ground and air search, his remains have been identified five months after they were found not far from where the Visram family lived at the time.''

Last edited:
Cold case special

Are the unknown victims of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur hidden among these 22 cold cases?
NAME: Dennis Colby

DATE: Sept. 12, 1995

CIRCUMSTANCES: Former Toronto District School Board trustee Dennis Colby was found beaten to death in his apartment at 185 Cosborn Ave. where he lived alone. Cops say he was last seen on Sept. 9 when he visited his mother. A concerned friend called the police and they discovered his lifeless body. On Sept. 7th, neighbours had heard men arguing in the apartment.

Colby's murder was solved. Not related to McArthur.

"Police thought a “crack-using drifter” might provide information into Colby’s slaying, as the man had been staying with Colby and had since disappeared. Colby had told friends his name was Michael. He was 26 years old.

DNA helped police determine that the drifter identified as Michael during the initial investigation, was the killer. His DNA was on file after committing at least one violent offense for which he was caught. However, Michael died in 1995, and police are not releasing his name. They do not believe Michael committed any other murders."

Graham Pearce, killed Mar 20, 1983 after visiting the Parkside Tavern, a well known gay bar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back