CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Nov 22 - KB was last seen on the Safeway surveillance video about 12:27 p.m. KB’s purchased items for dip and flowers at Safeway. KB was next seen in her car on surveillance video from Williams Bros Furniture, at 12:37

Good. The cam pic shows PF, KB, BabyK and flowers standing at KB's door around 1pm. I'm a bit confused as that's when PF is at Walmart. I'm guessing it's when KB came home from Safeway and PF was there to meet her. Before his trip to WM?

I hope more info comes out about the security camera at the neighbor’s.
Did it rotate or something? Was it completely stationary to catch the angle at all times?

It did not get KB going into the condo after Safeway and it did not get PF taking the baby in or out of the condo?

I think there has to be more images and I hope LE has them.

I don't think PF wanted KKL in his life as a partner.

She was just a useful submittant to him to use for his purpose. I'm sure they had some sort of Dominant/Sub sexual chemistry that he was manipulating to use her for removing KB.

She may have thought this was going to bring her a relationship and a life with him, but that was a huge and desperate mistake on her part.

I agree. Especially with how hard he pressed her to do the actual killing. I firmly believe she was just a tool to rid him of KB, without him having to do it himself.
But she kept “failing ”.

He got mad, did it himself, and could’ve cleaned it up himself.. but told her to do it.

I believe that’s very telling.

A punishment for her failure?

Knowing she would not get there for two days?

Big risk to take with the scene that must have been at KB’s townhouse.

That was a message that she was not getting out of it. He had her.

He would had to have been very confident that she would not then call the police and direct them to that bloody murder scene.

He knew he had her. he just didn’t want to keep her. IMO

And you have just defined a relationship with a Narcissist. The features are striking in their classic behavior. Love bombing, isolation, the degrading, the manipulation.

If you are unfamiliar with how a Narcissist thinks and behaves, this site might have some articles worth reading about. Once you have experienced this, you recognize it Instantly.

Knowing the Narcissist

You are right, it is classic behavior. The isolation is a huge red flag. Every young woman should learn these facts in high school because online dating has added an incredible opportunity for predators.

JMO

What time was the Thanksgiving meal?

• Adams says he talked to PF’s brother, a Colorado Springs police officer as part of the investigation. Sean (unsure of spelling) says he saw PF on Nov. 22 & didn’t describe anything as suspicious that day. It doesn’t say exactly when PF arrived for Thanksgiving. Sean says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that PF arrived a little later. He had baby K with him. Defense says PF’s brother would be aware of things out of the ordinary. since he is a CO Springs police officer. Prosecution says Sean and Patrick have estranged relationship.

I agree. Especially with how hard he pressed her to do the actual killing. I firmly believe she was just a tool to rid him of KB, without him having to do it himself.
But she kept “failing ”.

He got mad, did it himself, and could’ve cleaned it up himself.. but told her to do it.

I believe that’s very telling.

A punishment for her failure?

That was a message that she was not getting out of it. He had her.

He would had to have been very confident that she would not then call the police and direct them to that bloody murder scene.

He knew he had her. he just didn’t want to keep her. IMO
Agreed. He also likely believed her helping physically (finally) in some way would assure her silence in the future when the bricks hit the fan. WRONG. Such a horrible human being he is. Glad he is where he belongs, and I hope he is absolutely miserable.

Being that she is a divorced woman, KK is extremely worried about what her ex husband thinks. Why?? She does a lot of the CMA with people.
CL didnt seem to know about the current affair and seems like after LE visit he has washed his hands of her.

Iirc kk is living in the home w/ ex husband it seems the ex knew about her seeing pf off and on. Thinking the home is the husbands and she was walking on egg shells hiding that she was still seeing pf. She may not be there, who knows.

That was a message that she was not getting out of it. He had her. IMO

And what would PF have done if KKL didn't show up that weekend or couldn't get away until the next weekend?

Would PF have tried to clean it up himself?

If not, who else? SF?

Agreed. He also likely believed her helping physically (finally) in some way would assure her silence in the future when the bricks hit the fan. WRONG. Such a horrible human being he is. Glad he is where he belongs, and I hope he is absolutely miserable.
Absolutely, getting her hands dirty was part of keeping her quiet… Or so he thought.
Stupid boy

• Adams says he talked to PF’s brother, a Colorado Springs police officer as part of the investigation. Sean (unsure of spelling) says he saw PF on Nov. 22 & didn’t describe anything as suspicious that day. It doesn’t say exactly when PF arrived for Thanksgiving. Sean says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that PF arrived a little later. He had baby K with him. Defense says PF’s brother would be aware of things out of the ordinary. since he is a CO Springs police officer. Prosecution says Sean and Patrick have estranged relationship.

The defense says the brother would be aware of things, but apparently not things like when PF arrived. If the brother's memory doesn't improve, I think it's reasonable to expect the prosecution would want to hear from SF.

Good. The cam pic shows PF, KB, BabyK and flowers standing at KB's door around 1pm. I'm a bit confused as that's when PF is at Walmart. I'm guessing it's when KB came home from Safeway and PF was there to meet her. Before his trip to WM?

• Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on Arlo camera by KB’s neighbor caught KB, baby K and PF at KB’s door at 1:34 p.m.

I hope you don't mind, but your post also caused me to ponder a couple of things.

First of all, she went in September to bring Kelsey coffee with her aunt in the car. I mean, didn't the aunt find this strange, going to a woman's townhouse to bring coffee to someone she (the aunt) has probably never met herself? What excuse would Krystal have given this aunt to randomly bring over some woman a coffee, when clearly the woman could have made her own at home or got her own if she wanted to? I really would love to know from the aunt herself, what excuse Krystal used on that day.

I wonder, if she hadn't switched vehicles with her friend to do the clean up, would she have brought Kelsey back in her truck to Idaho and placed her body somewhere in the woods? Was she going to do it at first, but had one tiny bit of a moment of guilty conscience, and told Patrick, after putting a bullet through Kelsey, that she didn't want to take the chance of her friend getting into trouble with DNA evidence in her car?

Now, this leads me to wonder- Krystal mentioned cleaning stuff and bringing it to Patrick's to burn. Did they get a search warrant to check and see if there was any DNA of Kelsey's in this friend's car? Or any evidence in the car of something dropped and stuck under the mats or between the seats, such as a cleaning rag, paper towel, etc?

I forget how far away in terms of driving time she lives from Patrick, but for a woman who was scared to death of him, she sure had an immediate out, if she had just called the cops and said she thought he killed his girlfriend and tell them that he asked her to clean it up. They would have nailed him right away, but no, she still drove down, cleaned and burned things, went back home, and burned more things in her front yard.

For the coffee greet, I believe KK said she parked in the alley at KB's, while her "Aunt K" was left waiting in the car. Initially, I was under the impression that Aunt K was simply an unknowing passenger. When I later learned that Aunt K was also with KK in Las Vegas when KK was contacted by CBI (where she lied about her relationship with PF and didn't know of KB), I've placed Aunt K on the list of unnamed others KK likely confided in that PF solicited her to kill KB. KK is a manipulative talker -- just like PF.

Reports cited that at mop (swifter) and other cleaning items with blood were seized during the search of SF/PF home, and Investigators still awaiting forensic test results. If these items prove to have KB's DNA, I don't think it critical to have evidence from MG vehicle since KK already admitted she used them to clean up at KB's and took them to PF's house later.

There are still more than 30 search warrants under review, and this release will likely give us more answers what / where investigators examined.

Also, wonder if maybe FBI contacted MG before KK started cooperating with authorities. (i.e., owner of vehicle at Sonic drive in). MG testimony may have been some of the leverage that DA had against KK in getting her to cooperate. MOO

• Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on Arlo camera by KB’s neighbor caught KB, baby K and PF at KB’s door at 1:34 p.m.
There are conflicting reports about the furniture store camera footage. Is your information from the affidavit?

UPDATE: Patrick Frazee facing new charges after preliminary hearing
The phone call/recording between Adams says surveillance video shows a car matching that of Berreth's driving toward her town home on the day she went missing. Video is from a furniture store near her town home.

Last edited:
Based on information that has been reveled so far, do we know why there was a 16min+ call on 11/24 from KB’s phone at 8:32 am? That’s a fairly long call...wondering who actually made the call, from where and to whom and what was that conversation? JMO

I just can't believe the gall and balls of these two, burning Kelsey's body in SF's front yard and burning Krystal and Kelsey's phones in the front yard of the ex-husband. It truly boggles my mind, how brazen they both are! I feel bad for Krystal's ex husband- imagine being married and having children at one time with this woman, only to have her burn things of her lover's girlfriend in his front yard. I hope and pray he kicked her tail out of that house, for his sake and most importantly, the children's sake. Those poor kids.....ugh! I can imagine the awful torment they're going to suffer for years to come from their peers about their mother.
Yes -- it seems that KK's children should have more fear of their mother than of PF!

What could PF possibly do to her children that she's not already doing to them. They will forever know that their mother let another mommy die under her watch.

There are conflicting reports about the furniture store camera footage. Is this from the affidavit?

UPDATE: Patrick Frazee facing new charges after preliminary hearing
The phone call/recording between Adams says surveillance video shows a car matching that of Berreth's driving toward her town home on the day she went missing. Video is from a furniture store near her town home.

This is from the affidavit:

• Video surveillance from the Safeway in WP, CO showed KB and Baby K shopping at the store. It appeared she departed the grocery store at approximately 12:27 p.m. Investigators located receipts from Safeway in the residence and vehicle that corroborate this information.
  • The analysis of the cell phone data revealed that KB and PF cellular phones connected to the same Verizon tower in WP at 12:23 p.m when KB missed a call from PF at 12:31 p.m.
  • Between 12:54 p.m. - 1:17 p.m. PF is captured on surveillance footage at a Walmart in WP, CO with a baby carrier with similar blankets as seen in the Safeway footage. Although, Baby K can’t be clearly seen in the footage, it is likely she was in the baby carrier.
  • At Approximately 1:24 p.m. an individual that matched the physical description of PF is captured on a neighbor’s surveillance camera entering the front door of KB’s residence. The photograph contradicts PF’s timeline provided to investigators.
  • The same residential surveillance camera captured an individual that matches the physical description of PF at KB’s residence at or about 3:36 p.m. It is noted that around this time. PF’s phone records indicated that he called his mother and KK.

In all the details of KB's Pinterest, her visit to a Seventh Day Adventist center for depression, of her (apparent) limited discussion of the real issues with her mother, I get a terrible sense of passiveness.

I don't know if that is what her faith guides her to, but I don't get a sense of a major decision to leave PF, to secure Baby K, to remove herself from the WP area.

Of course, we are now looking at everything in the retrospective scope, seeing the building danger that was around her since September, when the first plots on her life were created.

But, I feel a terrible, sad passivity in her acceptance of issues with PF that were severely troubling her. I also feel terrible that there wasn't someone close to her to sense danger and get her out of there.

BBM:

I feel terribly sad for KB too.

She may have been suffering from postpartum depression after the birth of Kaylee, and coupled with having a bully and controlling partner in her life, it probably made things unbearable for her.

It may have been difficult for her to confide in her mother/family because she didn't want to talk about being depressed.

Some people are naturally more introverted than others, and when hit with possible PPD and a brutal partner it becomes too much. KB seemed like a very responsible person: she had a good job, she was a caring mother, she left PF to create a better life for herself and Kaylee.

The fact that she recognized that she needed help for her depression tells me she was brave, self-aware and wanted to get better.

I don't know if her religion may have precluded her getting medication like SSRI's to treat the depression, or if the center she attended did it from a more biblical method? Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

Depression is very difficult, it makes even the smallest action exhausting, like trying to run through wet cement.
Coupled with PF's toxic control and bullying, her life must have been so difficult.

Then she was murdered by her tormentor in the most horrific way.

It makes me sick to even think about it. She deserved so much more: a full, fear-free life with her daughter.

PF needs to rot in hell.
moo

Based on information that has been reveled so far, do we know why there was a 16min+ call on 11/24 from KB’s phone at 8:32 am? That’s a fairly long call...wondering who actually made the call, from where and to whom and what was that conversation? JMO
KK admitted to using KB's phone while it was in her possession. All part of the ruse that KB was alive and wanted time alone.

ETA: Phone use in addition to the texts she sent to CB, Employer, and PF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member