CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea how much I feel better knowing I am not the only one confused about the target shooting! I was wondering if it was the same night she got the ulcer ridden PF his meds and was up half the night with the cattle- like, when inbetween her getting her gun back, going target shooting, helping PF with his medical crisis, taking care of cattles, then she talks to Mom about getting her gun back? Ok, I think now I just confused myself.......
I found this in a news article.

I think they went target shooting the night before her murder, Kelsey called her mom to tell her about it, then Kelsey went back out and all the medical/cattle stuff happened.

It had to have been before, as Kelsey didn’t return until 4:a.m.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body

PF gave KK the phone after they burned KB's body at the ranchette.
MOO

Yes...that happened on the 22nd. Why did PF call to speak with KK on the 24th (on KB’s cell) when KK had already burned trash bags from KB’s home on the 22nd?

The burning of contents of KB’s belongings supposedly happened on the 22nd-right? Or am I totally confused? If I’m not confused, then there are timelines that are seriously screwed up. IMO

I am probably reading the bold part wrong, but when did Kelsey go target shooting? The night before she went missing? After that, she got him meds for his ulcer and helped with the cattle?

Sorry, I am confused by the bolded part. That just makes me uneasy..... (not that I think anything happened that night, of course, I know it didn't). Makes me feel like Kelsey wasn't feeling safe for some reason.
Yes, CB told LE that KB told her that PF returned her gun to her, and that she did some target shooting on Wednesday night. From earlier reports, we know that PF allegedly had taken KB's gun away from her during a fight over finances.

We also know according to information from CB that KB told her mother that she did not get home until 4AM on Thursday because she was checking on cattle, and had to make a trip to 24 hour Walmart (in WP) for Rx ulcer meds, and drive back to SF ranch to deliver them to PF.

There is no evidence that anything happened to KB on Wednesday evening or that involved KB's gun. This was all part of PF's premeditation to put a gun in KB's hands before she disappeared, as his plan was to make people think that crazy, unstable, KB took off and killed herself -- probably someplace between WP and Soap Lake, WA.

MO

I can't imagine, as a mother, ok'ing my son to murder the mother of his child.....or anyone else! I doubt anybody I know would even tell me about such a plan because I would never back it.
However, I do think PF more than likely convinced his mother he was very concerned for the safety and well being of his child, her grandchild, who she was a caretaker of. I believe he was making it all up, but he might have been pretty convincing....after all, KB had gone to a mental health center for depression and anxiety. Btw, I'm pretty sure he was the cause for her depression and anxiety. Actually, I'm very sure. jmo.

My thoughts exactly!!!! imo, moo,and all that ;)

A normal person would have PTSD after that. She is NOT normal. She is disordered (character) and dangerous (stalked Kelsey to kill her). This is why it's such an abomination she's got this ridiculous deal. She may not have swung the bat or been there when it happened but she took part in everything else from the planning to moving and burning Kelsey's body.
Agree, but I suppose these deals have to be made to get to the head of the snake. It is upsetting and it can't be excused, but at least they do know a lot more about when and how it happened, then if she hadn't eventually told them all that she knew. I would love it if her cell was across his for the rest of their lives, so they could be constant reminders of each other's stupidity until their last breaths, but that ain't gonna happen and she'll be walking a free woman after a couple of years. But will she ever truly be free again? Physically and emotionally?

Last edited:
Yes...that happened on the 22nd. Why did PF call to speak with KK on the 24th (on KB’s cell) when KK had already burned trash bags from KB’s home on the 22nd?

The burning of contents of KB’s belongings supposedly happened on the 22nd-right? Or am I totally confused? If I’m not confused, then there are timelines that are seriously screwed up. IMO
The body was burned on the 24th, the day KK arrived in Colorado.

I am probably reading the bold part wrong, but when did Kelsey go target shooting? The night before she went missing? After that, she got him meds for his ulcer and helped with the cattle?

Sorry, I am confused by the bolded part. That just makes me uneasy..... (not that I think anything happened that night, of course, I know it didn't). Makes me feel like Kelsey wasn't feeling safe for some reason.

We know KB talked to her mom twice on Thanksgiving morning. If (as mentioned in @Seattle1 's post you are quoting), she and her mom also spoke in the evening after the late night cattle checking/ulcer meds activity, that means the late night wasn't Wednesday night into Thursday morning but rather Tuesday night into Wednesday morning?

Whichever night it was, I suspect the target shooting was a part of the same day that became the late night session. I don't think he sent her to check cows by herself, as some have implied. I think they went out there together, though perhaps each driving separately if the cattle activity required two vehicles (ie "you go down the road and count how many are in the meadow while I count in this field"). Earlier in the day, while it was still light, they could have gone target shooting. It does raise the question of whether PF intended for an "accident" to happen then but he chickened out or something else got in his way.

We don't know if he did target shooting too or if it was just her, perhaps refamiliarizing herself with the gun if she hadn't shot it in a long while. If she did the target shooting somewhere like his place, with him overseeing her, to me that suggests she felt safe around him to have him be the one helping her get comfortable with the gun again. IMO

ETA or @MassGuy 's thought that it was all Weds eve but the sequence was target shooting then phone call to mom then cattle checking then ulcer meds -- that makes sense too, IF the call to mom happened while on the way to the cows rather than from home. Cows were in Westcliffe which IIRC is over an hour away? Meaning a decent chunk of that late night, 2-3 hours worth, was spent just driving there and back. Wouldn't they have started out before dark? Why were they going late in the day at all? Wouldn't one want to count cows/fix fence/whatever they were doing in the daylight?

Last edited:
Ok, again only an opinion and it was taken from this;

• Adams says he also recovered video of PF at the drive through of Ent Credit Union. He says he couldn’t see the baby in the truck, but did see a baby carrier.
  • Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB
Of course I don't know, I just assumed. I mlove an they're asking for the charge to be dropped. They said the alleged robbery happened after the alleged murder. I once saw where defense for Robert Durst stated home dismemberment of someone didn't matter and couldn't be used against him, because it happened after the murder.

So it was/is an opinion only. The above is from the 1st page of this link. I will now try to find the uploaded information about the bank. Again, I'm not saying it's the robbery charge. Just saying it was mentioned, and I could see where it would be implied.

Honestly, unless he's on video with her purse, how would it be proven he took it, opposed to KK putting it in the bags?

as to the timing of this video, is it before the murder and the tote is empty, or is it after the murder?

Is it possible KK threw bags in Sonic and that’s what they are searching for ?

if you think about it, there really are a limited number of trash bags thrown out in Woodland Park on 11/24/18 (or the next trash pick up after). They know to an extent, what bags KK used. If they get any of the the blood clean up evidence, they do not need the remains- wherever PF put those. Of course if KK is lying, they will not find anything, but there are distinct items she ID's as thrown out- curtains, bath mat- etc. and if that is true, those items exist and are likely recoverable. There were items she tossed- right? It was not all burned?

I'm super curious....what did PF buy at Walmart with lil K. Was he there to be on camera that he and KB had exchanged the baby like his story said? What was the Walmart trip for?

I'm dying to see the Walmart receipt.

Nobody goes to the trouble of taking a baby's seat out of the car and dragging her through Walmart without buying something he/she can't do without.

if you think about it, there really are a limited number of trash bags thrown out in Woodland Park on 11/24/18 (or the next trash pick up after). They know to an extent, what bags KK used. If they get any of the the blood clean up evidence, they do not need the remains- wherever PF put those. Of course if KK is lying, they will not find anything, but there are distinct items she ID's as thrown out- curtains, bath mat- etc. and if that is true, those items exist and are likely recoverable. There were items she tossed- right? It was not all burned?

I was pretty sure they burned these things....no?

Yes, CB told LE that KB told her that PF returned her gun to her, and that she did some target shooting on Wednesday night. From earlier reports, we know that PF allegedly had taken KB's gun away from her during a fight over finances.

We also know according to information from CB that KB told her mother that she did not get home until 4AM on Thursday because she was checking on cattle, and had to make a trip to 24 hour Walmart (in WP) for Rx ulcer meds, and drive back to SF ranch to deliver them to PF.

There is no evidence that anything happened to KB on Wednesday evening or that involved KB's gun. This was all part of PF's premeditation to put a gun in KB's hands before she disappeared, as his plan was to make people think that crazy, unstable, KB took off and killed herself -- probably someplace between WP and Soap Lake, WA.

MO
Thank you, and I did say that I know nothing happened to her that night. It's just odd, she got her gun back that day or evening, went target shooting, then picked up meds, took care of the cattle. I also wonder, did she take the baby with her to target practice? Or did Patrick have the baby while she did this? How that poor woman was able to get up the next morning and go shopping after is amazing to me! She must have been exhausted- gets in at 4 AM, talks to her Mom, goes shopping, she obviously didn't get much sleep that day.

Agree, but I suppose these deals have to be maid to get to the head of the snake. It is upsetting and it can't be excused, but at least they do know a lot more about when and how it happened, then if she hadn't eventually told them all that she knew. I would love it if her cell was across his for the rest of their lives, so they could be constant reminders of each other's stupidity until their last breaths, but that ain't gonna happen and she'll be walking a free woman after a couple of years. But will she ever truly be free again? Physically and emotionally?
Unfortunately, it's the very nature of KK's psychopathy that allowed her to participate in the murder of KB that will allow her to survive the aftermath.

KK, like PF, probably has regret that she was involved, but KK HAS NO REMORSE. She's not capable of feeling or knowing the pain of others, caused her her actions.

MOO

I found this in a news article.

I think they went target shooting the night before her murder, Kelsey called her mom to tell her about it, then Kelsey went back out and all the medical/cattle stuff happened.

It had to have been before, as Kelsey didn’t return until 4:a.m.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
Wow, that is crazy! So they must have brought the baby with them, then?

How strange he gave her her gun back the night before and they go target shooting. Obviously to try and set it up that Kelsey committed suicide the next day.

Wow, that is crazy! So they must have brought the baby with them, then?

How strange he gave her her gun back the night before and they go target shooting. Obviously to try and set it up that Kelsey committed suicide the next day.
It’s possible that PF’s mommy was watching the baby.

Interestingly, I’ve read about several cases where a suspicious “suicide,” follows target shooting.

It ensures gunshot residue on the victim’s hands.

I’m not sure it applies to any plot that he was thinking about, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member