CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible that PF’s mommy was watching the baby.

Interestingly, I’ve read about several cases where a suspicious “suicide,” follows target shooting.

It ensures gunshot residue on the victim’s hands.

I’m not sure it applies to any plot that he was thinking about, but who knows.

This is another thing that I can't piece together. If SF had Baby K late hours Wed/early hours Thurs while the cattle checking, etc was going on, one would think the custody exchange would have been the other way around. That KB would have picked up Baby K later in the morning of Thurs/Thanksgiving at the ranch, not PF picking up Baby K at KB's place. Unless KB took Baby K home with her after dropping off the ulcer meds at SF ranch at 4:00am something. You would think they would let the baby sleep. Things that make you go hmmmmm???

It could just as likely mean that he was trying to make her feel that KB's murder was her fault. That's a classic that abusers and gaslighters like to go to-look at what YOU made me do. "I did this for you so now YOU have to clean it up." "You were so incompetent that I had to do YOUR job myself. Now go clean it up."

NAILED IT

Classic Gaslighting. !

No, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Allegedly, the plan was to make it look like KB went off, and committed suicide.

Therefore, it would be important to get rid of the gun, so that it would never be found.

I don’t get it.
I guess I can see the need to get rid of the gun after a failed homocide attempt disguised as suicide.

Clearly if you want it to look like legit suicide you’d want the gun to be found by the body, in the appropriate position etc., with suicide letter and all. KK and PF could have written several suboptimal drafts since Sept.

It’s weird to me that gun 1 (KBs) and gun 2 (KKs friend’s) have such prominent mentions in what we learned on 2/19, given KKs dramatic and detailed testimony of PF killing KB with baseball bat.

And now the target shooting. What’s up with the guns when KK clearly described a baseball bat murder/slaughter scene?

There are several airports she could have flown out of or to, use of connecting flights or driven the rest of the way. Denver airport is massive. Nobody is going to recall who they saw on a flight after so much time elapses.

If her friends were willing to loan her a vehicle, gun, and were willing to lie for her so her ex-husband wouldn't find out, I have no problem believing a friend gave her their ID so the ticket wouldn't have her name on it. The TSA agent would look at it, scan it and think nothing more of it. I doubt LE spent a lot of time tracking KK locations but I bet the defense will do so.

JMO

And I bet LE DID spend a good amount of time tracking KK's locations. None of these people are criminal masterminds, but IMO this scenario is one of the least plausible ones because it just relied on too many strangers (not friends of KK's but actual strangers who don't have a stake in this) to forget/ignore/not do their jobs. I don't buy that. If she'd been caught or called out for having an ID that wasn't hers, it would've caused even more attention. There was no real reason to fly to potentially expose yourself to so many variables.

This is another thing that I can't piece together. If SF had Baby K late hours Wed/early hours Thurs while the cattle checking, etc was going on, one would think the custody exchange would have been the other way around. That KB would have picked up Baby K later in the morning of Thurs/Thanksgiving at the ranch, not PF picking up Baby K at KB's place. Unless KB took Baby K home with her after dropping off the ulcer meds at SF ranch at 4:00am something. You would think they would let the baby sleep. Things that make you go hmmmmm???
I don't think he was supposed to get her at that time at all.
I wonder if he sweet-talked her into letting him take the baby in the pretense that he would be picking her up later so the three of them could go out to dinner. Maybe he suggested she take a nap, since she was up all night. Imo

I'm super curious....what did PF buy at Walmart with lil K. Was he there to be on camera that he and KB had exchanged the baby like his story said? What was the Walmart trip for?

I'm dying to see the Walmart receipt.

Nobody goes to the trouble of taking a baby's seat out of the car and dragging her through Walmart without buying something he/she can't do without.

I hope the Walmart detail is clarified.

In the affidavit, iirc, it is stated that PF was seen by Walmart and furniture store surveillance video--as in, he was seen driving by both places on his way to KB's townhouse.

Then it was stated that he was seen AT Walmart with a baby carrier with the same blanket over the carrier as when KB was seen in the Safeway video. Couldn't see baby in the carrier, but it was assumed she was in it.

Was he seen AT Walmart in his pickup, and baby carrier seen through the windows of the truck? Or were he and the baby carrier seen IN Walmart?

Why couldn't she take herself to get a new phone.. Considering he is ex still has more involvement in her life that I would want from one of my exes...
IDK, maybe because she is a user and a manipulator? They do still live together, so yeah that's pretty involved. But really, she may have been too nervous to drive, considering she just learned that everything was about to come crashing down around her and PF. MOO.

He would of been totally enraged as KKL couldn't do the dirty work and I think her description of the crime scene supports that...

Every time I think of KL finding Kelsey's tooth makes me so sad as it seems like he literally went for her face
I was really shocked and heartbroken by this during the preliminary hearing and then the more I thought about it, it sounds like an embellishment to add to the horror. I don't know...

No, her body was burned on the 24th. I don't know why PF called KK on the 24th. If that's been reported, I'm unaware of it.
MOO
I got my dates mixed up but... there is a a call noted in #17 of the affidavit - apparently this log was downloaded from PF’s phone. I believe the log shows a call from KB’s cell to PF's phone on the 24th, call lasted more than 16mins. So how/when did KK end up with KB’s phone? Was it left at the townhome on the 22nd and someone used it to call PF? Assuming that had to be KK if she eventually destroyed it. All said, was this a conversation about what she needed to clean up? Why use KB’s phone if KK had a burner phone or her own phone for that matter if she wanted LE to find her? MOO

I feel so heartbroken for he ex/hubby, and kids. She had a very good thing going there. He put up with her cheating,willing to forgive and forget for the her and sake of their kids. Still it wasn't good enough. She wanted what Kelsey had.
MOO.

I'm sure the family that KKL had knew what she was like... and had experienced her manipulation, lies, deceipts, affairs for a while. Even though she WAS an RN, she had no real compassion for anyone except herself

He would of been totally enraged as KKL couldn't do the dirty work and I think her description of the crime scene supports that...

Every time I think of KL finding Kelsey's tooth makes me so sad as it seems like he literally went for her face
BBM

He absolutely did! Just unspeakable cruelty and horror. See attached P66 from the AW affidavit.:(

Attachments

• PF hits KB in the face dislodging teeth.jpeg
    PF hits KB in the face dislodging teeth.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 37
I'ts even more tragic when you think that these 2 people were trying to get rid of poor KB for almost 3 months and she likely had no idea. And then you add in that there were people that could have helped stop it from happening, its just the worst! So many missed opportunities for somebody to help KB and yet by staying silent it instead insured that she would be murdered. Just so heartbreaking and tragic. MOO

• Slater says after KK collected the items, she put some towels in the washing machine. She ran out of trash bags & used 4 bags from inside KB’s home. She also found bloody baby wipes, suggesting PF tried to clean up, and discarded them. Slater says KK used some Oxiclean & Windex from inside KB’s home.
    • They concluded she may have been killed in the bathroom.

*. Not to be insensitive, but defense points out Kelsey was on her period at that time. Slater confirmed he found tampons in the trash. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

OK, huge question!!! So it’s been stated that KK was detailed in her cleanup, she states above she ran out of trash bags and had to use 4 from KB’s home.

LE concluded KB may have been killed in the bathroom and that’s where most of the blood evidence was yet.....Slater found tampons in the trash?????????

Um, what trash? KK left trash in the bathroom!?!?

HUH??????
KK was killed in the living room as cited by Investigators in the affidavit, not the bathroom. There were blood smears later found in the bathroom -- probably from PF cleaning himself off.

Wow - it would ensure gunshot residue on her hands and also explain why he had some on his hands.

The middle-of-the-night cattle thing does seem like he was going to kill her then, but didn't .. doesn't it?

jmo
He probably was going to kill her then, until he found out after target practice that Kelsey told her Mom about getting her gun back. Hence, his ulcer acting up. Every time the poor man thought she was going to be murdered, something happened to delay it *GAG*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23