Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more disturbed I am. So these guys were "picking up girls"......well, that's pretty pathetic...they come away with a young woman with four kids who just gave birth. Any considerate gentleman or individual would have given her a ride home that late.....no wonder the cops keep their names under wraps....
Do you think SS shared that she had just given birth to twins the month before? Not sure she’d give that info to a guy she was interested in at a bar. It’s crossed my mind as well, just hoping that there was some level of civility or decency offered towards SS.
In the end, the possibilities are many. Prescription drugs mixed with alcohol can have negative side effects. Postpartum health issues are a real thing.
I so badly want SS to be given respect by the truth being shared as to what happened to her. I cannot understand how someone could cause loss of life to another and be able to sleep at night. Obviously, I know it happens but it turns my stomach. Any of us could have a close family member be a news headline and it breaks my heart.
There haven’t been any updates from LE and that, to me, doesn’t say tight lipped necessarily. It can also mean that they don’t have good control of the case. Not all police departments are equally equipped and I have no idea about the quality of Richmond Police.

Last edited:
Maybe she did mention her kids.....maybe she didn't....no kids or one hundred, she should have been shown some respect being so far away from home that late.
I've been at late-night parties before where there were intoxicated women or women UTI who were far from home, but these women were give a warm place to crash or were taken home....no problems...no worries...

Last edited:
Maybe she did mention her kids.....maybe she didn't....no kids or one hundred, she should have been shown some respect being so far away from home that late.
I've been at late-night parties before where there were intoxicated women or women UTI who were far from home, but these women were give a warm place to crash or were taken home....no problems...no worries...Is that so difficult?

Oops, struggling to use a laptop that is a different platform and it's making me crazy! Trying to figure out another one of those nagging thoughts so bare with me and apologies. But yes, going toward the direction you mentioned. Trying to correlate FT call with SS being "fine" per Mom on FT call. Why? Because it's been surmised that SS being "fine" lends credence to SS being aware and willing to go to her last known location. Surveillance pics showed her outside at 2:34.32 am so maybe another 5-7 mins before they all got in the vehicle & on the road, 2:37/39? If it took 10 min to get in and begin traveling then it would have been around 2:44. If she made the FT call when she first got in the car and was going anywhere other than she expected she was probably still unaware and would sound "fine" to Mom. The reason I asked about Lexington and travel time was to put it in the equation to see what came out. Hope that made a little more sense. Also, still wondering about what is stated in this video by Mom. One man driving and a man & woman and another driving behind = 4. Has that been figured out? Again, I apologize. I know I am rehashing but I've fallen behind with no laptop.
BBM only to show this is the video we were looking for that mentions the woman in the car.

Every thing her mom said came before LE actually interviewed the guys and released the information. I think maybe her mom wasn’t fully aware of what she was seeing and hearing in the FT. She may have also been quick to assume there was another female in the car bc she knew SS went to the bar that night with her friend. Since LE has essentially discredited that part of her mom’s memory- I think she may have been mistaken.

I’m going back through the old threads and articles and does anyone remember where all the pings were? I just found a video of her mom, it’s the one where she mentioned the female, and they say LE confirmed a ping in the area of the bar. I could’ve swore there was another one around the nicholasville area, which I always assumed coincided with the FT call. Also, I know her phone was off by 845 am but was that verified by any thing other than her mom trying to call that morning? Phones typically ping towers on a timer so it’s possible that her phone was turned off or dead a lot earlier than 845am. I’m having trouble finding any thing else about the 2 or 3 locations of the phone pings.
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find info about the pings. I know I've seen it.

I find this all so interesting. From what I’ve read, LE has yet to say they expect foul play in her disappearance. Have they held any press conferences? From what I can find, it’s news articles about search groups coming in to help but little to nothing from LE. Any experts out here that can chime in?

No they haven’t held press conferences but that’s not something that’s typically done here. I think there’s been one official press conference in Crystal Rogers case and that was just to dispel some misinformation after oxygen aired a series about her. I’ve seen them hold press conferences for missing kids but that’s about it.

I just can’t come up with an end game here on why those guys would intentionally harm somebody who was FaceTiming her mother and willingly was down to party in the early morning hours. Maybe she turned down somebody who wanted sex and they went off?

But there would have been evidence. There would be something by now. They searched the house. Searched cars. Had to have gone through her phone and messages. Also one of the guys was going to the station to talk with somebody on the case. Coworkers not close friends who don’t ride or die for one another is what I read makes it even more plausible somebody would talk.
Coworkers was a thought (guess) by one of her friends. Maybe LE mentioned it to her when/if they questioned her. Don't know.

I can only find the one ping in the bar area. I thought there was at least one other ping around nicholasville, and the media typically uses the word wrong so I always assumed it was actually that ft call.
That's what I read....

Aha! Nice find. Someone in here swore earlier that they would have had to have been in Ncholasville at the time of the call, and so she must not have been alarmed by leaving Lexington. What you found leaves open the possibility that she did not know they were headed so far from Lexington and that she may have become uncomfortable once she realized where they were going. Thanks!
Reviewing early media coverage to see if anything said then fits anything current. Especially in hopes of ridding those nagging thoughts that won't go away ;)

Every thing her mom said came before LE actually interviewed the guys and released the information. I think maybe her mom wasn’t fully aware of what she was seeing and hearing in the FT. She may have also been quick to assume there was another female in the car bc she knew SS went to the bar that night with her friend. Since LE has essentially discredited that part of her mom’s memory- I think she may have been mistaken.
I can agree about the male vs woman part. She sounds very certain about 3 in car and one following though. Did LE state otherwise? Still interested in figuring out the rest of what I posted.

Unless they were all involved or two of them were not truly not involved and legit know nothing. That’s the only scenario I can think of that nobody has cracked yet.

I think they were all probably involved in a night that went wrong and was not pre meditated. She was super high and they all raped her and then she overdosed and they were worried about getting blamed. Or maybe she didn’t overdose and they inadvertently killed her trying to rape her. They panicked, got her body out of the county and somewhere random and they were smart enough to stick to a simple story - she was there and she walked away. I don’t know enough about trafficking but I guess it’s possible they had an “order” and she was taken from them for money? If so, where do most trafficked women end up? Sorry for my ignorance.

I don’t want to speculate too much on drugs bc the mods have asked us not to a few different times since there’s nothing concrete that points to her being on drugs. However, ky’s Good Samaritan law keeps people out of trouble if they’re present during an OD and have to call for help. The flip side of that though, is that they also federally charge dealers who are found to be the source of a fatal OD. It’s kind of a double edged sword and fear will make people do really stupid things. There are 7 cases that I’ve followed closely from around the state just in the past few years and of those, 5 were most likely drug related.

The more I think about it, the more disturbed I am. So these guys were "picking up girls"......well, that's pretty pathetic...they come away with a young woman with four kids who just gave birth. Any considerate gentleman or individual would have given her a ride home that late.....no wonder the cops keep their names under wraps....
Guys & Girls have been going to clubs to hook-up for a long time. I don't find it pathetic that the guys went there for that purpose. We don't know if she told them about her four kids. I don't think guys would care. They weren't planning on marrying her. I doubt she told them of her recent pregnancy. And why would they take her home if she didn't want to go home.

I can agree about the male vs woman part. She sounds very certain about 3 in car and one following though. Did LE state otherwise? Still interested in figuring out the rest of what I posted.

Just based on the timeline of the calls, I think she could’ve still technically been in Lexington. If not, she would’ve been around the nicholasville area which is a little bit past the jessamine co line but still part of Lexington metro.

Thanks! Was it Toney on Nancy Grace that spoke about the pings?
ETA: not sure why I thought that

I’m not sure! I need to check toney wade’s interviews bc I haven’t looked at those yet. It’s driving me crazy. There’s a good chance LE is able to tell how early the phone was off or dead just by those alone, so there’s a possibility it was off a lot earlier. I wonder if what LE has, as far as that information, matches up with what the guy told them. So far, the only thing I’ve seen about it being off or dead by 845 is from what her mom said about her call going to voice mail.

I’m not sure! I need to check toney wade’s interviews bc I haven’t looked at those yet. It’s driving me crazy. There’s a good chance LE is able to tell how early the phone was off or dead just by those alone, so there’s a possibility it was off a lot earlier. I wonder if what LE has, as far as that information, matches up with what the guy told them. So far, the only thing I’ve seen about it being off or dead by 845 is from what her mom said about her call going to voice mail.
For some reason I remember thinking being surprised by the source. Not sure if this helps but when I had an issue with my cell phone they had me call them on a different phone while they did what was needed. They were able to remotely turn my phone off and on and make the changes needed to fix it. The same can be done with cable, and computers. To add, strangely enough, I was reading about a case in the UK that said they were able to tell the victims phoned died and was not turned off. JMO but if a company can remotely turn your phone off & on to work on it they would know the difference.

Here is one of the links to NG/Toney interview from my history
Young mom of newborn twins vanishes after night out with girlfriends, mystery ping & disturbing video emerge from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
ETA: meant to reply to @jULIA_bEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member