GUILTY NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Direct link to 911 call on Soundcloud:

911 call from Bridgeton child killing
No Oscar for her. GMAFB. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the 911 calls we hear where the caller is hysterical more often than not turn out to be fake. IMO.
During an interview with police, she said Daniel, “liked going with strangers and she did not remember if she heard him screaming during the attack.”

Her attacker didn’t demand money or take a $5,000 ring she was wearing, Griner told police.
N.J. mom beat toddler to death for not listening, then burned and buried his body, cops say
A $5,000 ring?? Anyway, I think this icy-cold-hearted woman is done for.

I am surprised that she didn't get dolled up for her mugshot. Though perhaps she didn't know it was coming. I hope that mugshot makes it all around the internet. She will be mortified. They should wallpaper her cell with it.

I am also surprised that she did the dirty work herself. I would have pegged her as more of a dump them somewhere else type. I mean wow. There has to be evidence under those nails.

I would suspect PPD/PPP normally with 2 babies this little. However, it's pretty clear that was not a problem for her. This is just horrific. I guess we can be glad one child was spared. Ugh.

This poor father was working his butt off to pay for her expensive taste and two little boys. This is how she thanks him. It's a great example of appearances not being what they seem. Look at the beautiful house... with horrors lurking inside.

With the dad being a nurse is he s mandated reporter? I wonder if there were signs of abuse?
I also wonder if she abused the boys but took it too far this time and with her husband being a nurse she knew she couldn’t lie her way through his injuries.
But to burn your baby? Where did this occur? Yikes.
I feel heartbroken for this father. I hope he has a strong support system.

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone ever answered your question about the dad.
Yes, nurses are mandated reporters nationally regarding all suspected neglect/ abuse of minor children, a disabled victim of any age, and also elder abuse/ neglect.
Ii might be that the dad wasn't home enough to know how his son was treated. If he did, I believe most dads would likely have taken his son to the hospital for an exam by a pediatrician, and for any treatment he might have needed. I believe he was a dedicated nurse. I'd hate to think he chose to take the easy road and not report abuse if he saw it, or removed his children from the Momster.

BTW, not to be shallow, but not only is that FB photo of her bling showing a ring that's probably way over $5,000 if it's genuine diamond, but that's a new Louis Vuitton bag, the average cost is $2500 but if it's a Speedy, it's more like $1200.

“A detention hearing for a Bridgeton mother accused of killing and dismembering her child has been postponed.

The hearing to determine if Nakira M. Griner will remain jailed pending trial was originally scheduled for Thursday, but has been rescheduled for Tuesday morning, Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae reported.

McRae would not provide a reason for the rescheduling.

[SBM]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/crime/2019/02/court-date-pushed-back-for-mom-accused-of-killing-toddler-then-claiming-he-was-abducted.html?outputType=amp
How terrible - another WS thread where we have to show arrest and found deceased. Ugh.

I just saw the title...that alone sickened me and made me want to cry.

But I decided to read about this little angel Daniel, and pay my respects.

Fly high darling boy, I shed some tears for you. You so much deserved to be lovingly held and cherished. I’m sorry your mother hurt you and ended your brief little life. I know you are in loving arms now and at peace.

May Daniel’s evil mother never get to wear another piece of jewelry, hold a handbag, or have any freedom that gives her any joy. Sorry, but I feel no compassion for such a breast, just a brewing rage. She had no right to even breathe the same air that her beautiful innocent baby boy did. How anyone could be so evil...it hits me hard in the gut every time. :(

It pleases me that she is in a cell without ANY of her glamorous things. Just her jail issued clothing, down to the underwear. No pretty clothes, no jewelry, no make up, no hair extensions.... nothing. That at least makes me feel a tiny bit better.

There is never any excuse for something like this, but this chick could have easily had a nanny. So there's no "overwhelmed with no help" excuse here. Even if Dad worked constantly, she could have simply spent less money and used that for a nanny. Absurd.

Tuesday, February 19th:
*Detention Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24) arrested & charged (2/9/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, & 4th degree tampering with evidence.
Said beat toddler for not eating nor listening to her.
2/14/19 Detention hearing moved to 2/19.

Griner, 24, did not appear at the Superior Court detention hearing Tuesday morning in Cumberland County. Defense attorney Kimberly Schultz waived her right to appear, saying a court hearing would have been detrimental to her health.

Griner remains in protective custody on suicide watch at Cumberland County Jail and is suffering from postpartum psychosis, a severe form of postpartum depression, Schultz said.
In arguing for Griner’s detention, Vogelsong revealed new details in the case. Griner claimed the trip to the store was to buy Pedialyte for her kids, but surveillance video showed Griner pushing what investigators believe was an empty stroller as part of her attempted coverup. She had her infant son strapped to her chest.
N.J. mom accused of killing toddler, burying remains in yard to remain jailed pending trial
Griner’s next scheduled court date is a pre-indictment hearing on March 28.

Thursday, March 28th:
*Pre-Indictment Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24) arrested & charged (2/9/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, & 4th degree tampering with evidence. No bond.
Said beat toddler for not eating nor listening to her.
2/14/19 Detention hearing moved to 2/19.
2/19/19 Update: She did not attend due to what her attorney called "mental health" issues that have her in protective custody and under suicide watch at the county jail. She will remain in jail. The case is back in court in 3/28 with a pre-indictment hearing before another judge.

Attorney for woman charged with killing toddler son: father also hit him, and should be a suspect

The husband of a woman charged with killing, burning and dismembering the couple’s 23-month-old son earlier this year told prosecutors that he struck the boy with a belt at least four times in the days prior to the child’s death.

Those details are included in a motion filed by Nakira M. Griner’s public defender seeking the woman’s pre-trial release from jail.
[.....]
“The Defense believes that the State is unable to prove a cause of death and thus, Mr. Griner should be considered as much of a suspect as Mrs. Griner,” Schultz wrote. “The uncertainty surrounding this investigation proves that the State acted too quickly, without fully investigating all parties involved.”

Based on this, she is asking the court to reopen the detention hearing and to release her client.
[.....]
Schultz declined to comment on her motion to reopen the detention hearing, as did officials with the prosecutor’s office.

The motion will be heard Thursday (5/9), when the court also considers a motion by the prosecution to extend the time it has to indict Griner.

Both matters were supposed to be heard Monday, but the hearing was postponed because Griner hadn’t been transported from Cape May County’s jail, where she is currently housed. It wasn’t clear why she was moved from Cumberland to Cape May.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back