IL/NY - Singer R. Kelly, multiple counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault, Feb 2019 *Guilty NY - appeal 2023* *charges dropped in IL*

New York Times:
R. Kelly Charged With Sexual Abuse in Chicago, Reports Say

“On Thursday, two additional women came forward at a news conference in New York organized by their lawyer, Gloria Allred, to accuse Mr. Kelly of sexual abuse and misconduct when they were minors. The women, Latresa Scaff, 40, and Rochelle Washington, 39, said they met the singer after a concert in the mid-1990s when they were 16 and 15; they said he asked for a threesome and had sex with Ms. Scaff.”

—-

Fox News:
R. Kelly charged with multiple counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse

“Avenatti says he has evidence R. Kelly and his "enablers" paid witnesses and others to "rig" the outcome of the R&B star's trial.

Avenatti told The Associated Press that's one piece of information he'll present at a news conference Friday in Chicago.“

—-

CNN:
R. Kelly has been indicted, sources say
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/22/en...dictment/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

“Cook County, Illinois, State's Attorney Kim Foxx will announce charges against Kelly at a news conference at 2 p.m. CT (3 p.m. ET), according to a release from her office. CNN is working to obtain the indictment.
A warant has been issued for Kelly's arrest, Chicago police say. The charges handed up in an indictment from a grand jury span from 1998 to 2010, the Chicago Sun-Times said.
The minors involved in the case were between 13 and 16, prosecutors allege, according to the Sun-Times.“

Snip

“In July 2017, BuzzFeed published an explosive article outlining allegations that Kelly was holding a group of adult women against their will as part of what some of their parents said was a "cult."“

Last edited:
New York Times:
R. Kelly Charged With Sexual Abuse in Chicago, Reports Say

“On Thursday, two additional women came forward at a news conference in New York organized by their lawyer, Gloria Allred, to accuse Mr. Kelly of sexual abuse and misconduct when they were minors. The women, Latresa Scaff, 40, and Rochelle Washington, 39, said they met the singer after a concert in the mid-1990s when they were 16 and 15; they said he asked for a threesome and had sex with Ms. Scaff.”

—-

Fox News:
R. Kelly charged with multiple counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse

“Avenatti says he has evidence R. Kelly and his "enablers" paid witnesses and others to "rig" the outcome of the R&B star's trial.

Avenatti told The Associated Press that's one piece of information he'll present at a news conference Friday in Chicago.“

—-

CNN:
R. Kelly has been indicted, sources say
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/22/en...dictment/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

“Cook County, Illinois, State's Attorney Kim Foxx will announce charges against Kelly at a news conference at 2 p.m. CT (3 p.m. ET), according to a release from her office. CNN is working to obtain the indictment.
A warant has been issued for Kelly's arrest, Chicago police say. The charges handed up in an indictment from a grand jury span from 1998 to 2010, the Chicago Sun-Times said.
The minors involved in the case were between 13 and 16, prosecutors allege, according to the Sun-Times.“

Snip

“In July 2017, BuzzFeed published an explosive article outlining allegations that Kelly was holding a group of adult women against their will as part of what some of their parents said was a "cult."“

R Kelly surrenders for arrest in Chicago | Daily Mail Online

Rapper R Kelly has surrendered to police in Chicago after an arrest warrant was issued for him on ten counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.

Robert Sylvester Kelly, 52, surrendered on Friday night at the 1st District Chicago police station, hours after the Cook County State's Attorney office issued a no bail warrant for his arrest.

Kelly arrived at the station in a large black van with tinted windows at around 8pm CT. He exited the vehicle wearing a puffy blue coat, entered the station house, was handcuffed and led away.

He did not respond as reporters shouted questions, including 'Are you innocent?' and 'How do you explain the video?'

In response to a question about what he had to say 'to the black women of Chicago,' Kelly's attorney shot back: 'That's an offensive question.'

[...]

upload_2019-2-23_4-8-49.jpegupload_2019-2-23_4-8-24.jpeg

R. Kelly arrives in Chicago courtroom for bond hearing

“CHICAGO — A judge has set R&B singer R. Kelly’s bond at $1 million.

Cook County Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr. said during Saturday’s hearing in Chicago that the amount equals $250,000 for each of the four people he’s charged with sexually abusing.

Lyke called the allegations against Kelly “disturbing” during the hearing. The singer stared at the floor while the judge was speaking and looked dejected.“

What is so frustrating to find out how many times the women R. Kelly abused had said something to someone, there were actually adults facilitating R. Kelly. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Maybe my perception is wrong but it seems it wasn't until the Lifetime Documentary exposing this horrible that any serious action was taken.

I am proud to say a good friend was one of the executive producers and she is a BIG FAN of Websleuths.

If you have any questions about the documentary please post them here. I can pass them on to her and she can show the other executive producers the questions too.

My partner and I have been out for drinks tonight end are having a heated discussion about him -I think he got away with it as police didn’t care about young black girls.. and I hope Justice is coming his way finally

I would agree if there had been young girls filing police reports against him but from what I have read/seen there wasn't. When LE got the video years ago they did prosecute but the 14 year old victim refused to testify (said it wasn't her) and although an aunt said it was her during the trial, an uncle said it wasn't. How can they prove child *advertiser censored* if they can't prove the person on video was a child?

The others were 17 and up, and although he is completely disgusting for what he did to them, they were of legal age and if they choose to live with him as a sex slave, they are consenting adults and there is nothing LE can do.

The people that saw all this going on were his associates and they never told. I think the fact that he got away with so much has more to do with money and celebrity than skin color. In the lifetime expose it mentioned a lot of money paid out to young girls to settle lawsuits. Did these girls go to the police or just to lawyers?

@tvbrad
NOW: He may have sold 75,000,000 singles & albums world wide, but R. Kelly doesn’t have 100k to bond out of jail tonight. Another night @ Cook County’s gray bar motel. @cbschicago

D0IbyjhX0AEMBPM.jpg

I believe that he will get off. As one poster previously mentioned, "The world does not value young women". I specifically left out race, because I believe that unless the women have some sort of power, they are powerless. It happens every day.

Mr. Kelly will probably get off, he will say that the young women lied, and led him to believe that they were over age of consent.

Although, his actions demonstrate a definite sociopathy, in that he got off before, he should have shown some restraint. He is such a narcissist that he thought he was untouchable and could do whatever he wants. I definitely believe that he is a sick predator, and the world would be a better place with him in a cage.

@tvbrad
NOW: He may have sold 75,000,000 singles & albums world wide, but R. Kelly doesn’t have 100k to bond out of jail tonight. Another night @ Cook County’s gray bar motel. @cbschicago

D0IbyjhX0AEMBPM.jpg
Maybe the parents will be able to see their daughters now that he's locked up. From accounts of the women that lived in his house, they will probably need plenty of therapy. It strangely reminds me of Charles Manson and his girls, the hold he has over them.

I hope he doesn't get off. From all I've read he is one sick SOB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back