IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/24/us/smollett-race-blake-analysis/index.html

I received an odd text from an African-American friend this week who wanted to offer his take on the plight of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

When I opened his text I saw no words, only a picture. It was a photoshopped edit of Smollett's anxious face sitting behind the wheel of O.J. Simpson's white Ford Bronco as a column of police squad cars trailed behind him.

The photo was a riff on Simpson's infamous 1994 low-speed chase. The doctored image became a social media meme after Smollett was arrested by police this week for allegedly faking a racist hate crime against himself.

[...]

Stay tuned. There may be more twists in Smollett's story in the months ahead. But we can be assured of one thing: The next time a black celebrity tries to get out of a jam by playing the race card, the black community won't simply respond with unconditional support.

Instead they may send him or her a new message:
Your race card has been declined.

Do not sleuth and discuss RS, and please stop gossip and/or rumor and linking to all these non-approved entertainment blogs and websites. Stick to MSM and discussing JS and this case only.

Thanks.

Jussie has "proof" that check to the brothers was for a "training and nutrition" program, supported by texts to the brothers.

Why would they go to Nigeria for a couple of weeks if they were paid to train Jussie for his upcoming video shoot? If I was paying that much for training, I'd want much more than a few texts telling me to do cardio and eat veggies.

Jussie Smollett's check to brothers obtained by ABC News

Jussie has "proof" that check to the brothers was for a "training and nutrition" program, supported by texts to the brothers.

Why would they go to Nigeria for a couple of weeks if they were paid to train Jussie for his upcoming video shoot? If I was paying that much for training, I'd want much more than a few texts telling me to do cardio and eat veggies.

Jussie Smollett's check to brothers obtained by ABC News

TY for this. Just a note, I haven't watched all of it yet. but if you scroll down, there is a Robin Roberts interview with the PoliceSuperintendent

Here‘s the interview.

Good Morning America

FULL ABC NEWS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Chicago police Superintendent speaks about the Jussie Smollett investigation. gma.abc/2VhNMUo

I was pleasantly surprised when the Police Superintendent said there was more info/evidence than was presented. A lot of people thought that was all and the CPD were foolish to give out so much. Kudos to the CPD, they worked hard on this case and I believe they did it because they wanted JUSTICE to be done.

So now the 3500 wasn't for training and nutrition, it was for a training and nutrition plan. 600 a week for a training plan and 100 a week for a nutrition plan.

Jussie Smollett's Texts, Check Supports Training Fee, Not 'Attack' Fee

While I'm sure daily in person training could be 100 a day, who would pay 100 a day for just a plan and being told what to buy at the supermarket? If you look at the texts, its nothing that anyone would pay that much money for

This fee is well in line with fitness and nutrition programs for high profile individuals. I don't find this cheque to be incriminating whatsoever. I hope CPD has much more than this and the brothers testimony.

This fee is well in line with fitness and nutrition programs for high profile individuals.

If the brothers were nutritionists and trainers who were well known and had a load of celebrity clients then it probably wouldn't be outrageous for a distance service but this isn't a business and as far as we know they don't have qualifications in this area

Has this been shared yet? I watched the author of this piece speak with Don Lemon one night last week. It was a very interesting and thoughtful conversation. This piece was published by The Atlantic a day or two before the press conference and arrest and I thought it was a good read.

Jussie Smollett Story Shows Rise of Victimhood Culture - The Atlantic

Someone else posted JS's bond? If true, that's interesting. Who? His mother? Siblings?

Janet Jackson? Does she live in CA?

I read an article a few days ago about how Janet Jackson has been trying to reach Jussie, but her calls haven't been returned. I think the article was planted so he would see it and know she is reaching out (just my hunch...what do I know, lol!) I tried to find the article again just now to post a link, but can't find it.

jmopinion

Terrence Howard 'had a "meltdown" on Empire set after Jussie Smollett's arrest' | Daily Mail Online

Terrence Howard had a 'meltdown' on the set of Empire after Jussie Smollett was arrested and had been quizzing him about his story, it has been claimed.

Howard, who plays Smollett's father on the 20th Century Fox show, reportedly locked himself in his trailer and did not speak to anyone when Smollett was taken into custody for allegedly filing a false police report.

TMZ cites anonymous production sources who say Howard, 49, was beside himself and had never believed Smollett's story that he was randomly attacked in the street.

They say he had been questioning Smollett about it because he did not think it added up.
But something over the last few days appears to have changed his mind.

SBM

Terrence Howard 'had a "meltdown" on Empire set after Jussie Smollett's arrest' | Daily Mail Online

Terrence Howard had a 'meltdown' on the set of Empire after Jussie Smollett was arrested and had been quizzing him about his story, it has been claimed.

Howard, who plays Smollett's father on the 20th Century Fox show, reportedly locked himself in his trailer and did not speak to anyone when Smollett was taken into custody for allegedly filing a false police report.

TMZ cites anonymous production sources who say Howard, 49, was beside himself and had never believed Smollett's story that he was randomly attacked in the street.

They say he had been questioning Smollett about it because he did not think it added up.
But something over the last few days appears to have changed his mind.

SBM

BBM

The article doesn't state or speculate why Howard has recently "changed his mind" - sounds like the reporter is hinting that Howard now believes JS's story. What I really think is happening is Howard was and is upset, but is standing by his friend (not that he suddenly now believes the story). I hope Howard isn't being taken for a ride by Smollett, but is simply being "a friend in need, a friend indeed."

I can't understand what Smollett can be saying to convince anyone at this stage of the story that he is innocent. ?!

jmo

They've started deleting posts that link to TMZ, the reason given on mine was "No TMZ please" so maybe delete the link so they don't delete your whole post

Let's say, someone you are friendly with at work, in a professional environment, did this, would you be supportive?

I suppose I would still be friendly, after all, accused is not "found guilty".

But I would not be talking about the person, and definitely, would not loan them any money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23