CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder Inc said:
Why does it say "police thought/believed it was her blood?"

Because the double murder occurred in 1978 and DNA technology was not available to be used in crime scene investigations at that time.

The police / investigators would have only been able to determine if the blood was type A, B, AB or O...

Safe to say the type matched Ms Wicht and not Mr Coley...

Because the double murder occurred in 1978 and DNA technology was not available to be used in crime scene investigations at that time.

The police / investigators would have only been able to determine if the blood was type A, B, AB or O...

Safe to say the type matched Ms Wicht and not Mr Coley...

Any source to back that the blood type matched Ms Wicht?

Wrong man served 38 years for rape, murders; Golden State Killer link now sought
"Genetic material will be shipped to a laboratory this week to determine whether the DNA evidence collected at the scene where Rhonda Wicht, a 24-year-old waitress and cosmetology student, was beaten, raped and strangled is a match for DeAngelo. An intruder in Wicht’s home in the early-morning hours of Nov. 11, 1978, also smothered her 4-year-old son, Donald, in his bed.

Coley was wrongly convicted at a time when DNA evidence was not available, and it was DNA that cleared him after his genetic profile did not match the one found at the crime scene."

GreyClay seems to be arguing that the victim had sexual relations with another individual before Coley killed her. I'd like to know how blood soaked the single towel was and whether it was ever tested to see if the blood matched the victim. I can understand why Coley might have one of Donald's shirts in his home.

So is JD A purposely starving himself in jail in order to look frail, or is there something actually physically wrong with him?
Actually hoping they keep the son of a gun alive.
VIDEO
Alleged Golden State Killer Looking Frail In Court Appearance
"Alleged Golden State Killer Looking Frail In Court Appearance
Joseph DeAngelo’s was face was gaunt -looking, compared to his appearance just a few months ago where even then he was noticeably thinner than in his arraignment back in April."

Does anyone have more info on the sump pump diving? I'm wondering if he worked for the Navy in California as a diver when he returned from Nam.

Does anyone have more info on the sump pump diving? I'm wondering if he worked for the Navy in California as a diver when he returned from Nam.
There is this bit about diving.. rbbm.

"According to one clipping, DeAngelo was a police officer in Auburn when he was fired after being accused of shoplifting a can of dog repellent and a hammer from a Sacramento drug store. "Just took his punishment and left the force so no one would look deeper," Jensen wrote in his tweet. The second clipping in Jensen's tweet refers to DeAngelo's affiliation with the International Diving Association"

Read more here: Who is the Golden State Killer, and what are his many names?

There is this bit about diving.. rbbm.

"According to one clipping, DeAngelo was a police officer in Auburn when he was fired after being accused of shoplifting a can of dog repellent and a hammer from a Sacramento drug store. "Just took his punishment and left the force so no one would look deeper," Jensen wrote in his tweet. The second clipping in Jensen's tweet refers to DeAngelo's affiliation with the International Diving Association"

Read more here: Who is the Golden State Killer, and what are his many names?

Thanks @dotr!

In part six or seven of Unmasking A Killer, Paul Holes mentioned that shortly after DeAngelo left the Auburn PD, he was employed as a diver for PG&E, pulling sump pumps up from the bottom of nearby lakes.

I haven't heard that DeAngelo, as an adult, ever went diving (or that diving equipment was found at his house), but if he did continue to dive as an adult (even occasionally), the bottom of a lake might be the perfect place to hide momentos and trophies from his burglaries, rapes and murders. Then again, out of self-preservation, maybe he didn't want to take a chance on being seen out there in the middle of a lake and risk getting caught. He might think L.E. is watching his every move through binocs from behind pine trees along the shore. That might really get him talking to himself. lolol

Also... there is a JJD group on Facebook where one woman is claiming she knew him personally for a few years in the early 80's, and she says he was a stay-at-home dad during the time she knew him.

In part six or seven of Unmasking A Killer, Paul Holes mentioned that shortly after DeAngelo left the Auburn PD, he was employed as a diver for PG&E, pulling sump pumps up from the bottom of nearby lakes.

I haven't heard that DeAngelo, as an adult, ever went diving (or that diving equipment was found at his house), but if he did continue to dive as an adult (even occasionally), the bottom of a lake might be the perfect place to hide momentos and trophies from his burglaries, rapes and murders. Then again, out of self-preservation, maybe he didn't want to take a chance on being seen out there in the middle of a lake and risk getting caught. He might think L.E. is watching his every move through binocs from behind pine trees along the shore. That might really get him talking to himself. lolol

Also... there is a JJD group on Facebook where one woman is claiming she knew him personally for a few years in the early 80's, and she says he was a stay-at-home dad during the time she knew him.

Yes I saw Unmasking a Killer but personally I wonder if DeAngelo worked for PG&E before he was fired from Auburn PD. The Cordova Cat was seen in a PG&E uniform in 72 or 73 and the 76 Verla St composite he was in a PG&E uniform. Also I think more likely hidden down in a sump or a drainage ditch than a lake. Stay at home dad = full time criminal.

Last edited:
Yes I saw Unmasking a Killer but personally I wonder if DeAngelo worked for PG&E before he was fired from Auburn PD. The Cordova Cat was seen in a PG&E uniform in 72 or 73 and the 76 Verla St composite he was in a PG&E uniform. Also I think more likely hidden down in a sump or a drainage ditch than a lake. Stay at home dad = full time criminal.
Well now that I think about it, it does make more sense that JJD worked as a diver for PG&E in NorCal after his stint in the Navy, and before he relocated south to Exeter in, what... '74? Especially since there is no known work history for him between leaving the Auburn P.D. in '79 and the start of his employ as a Save Mart truck mechanic in '89.

So if he was a PG&E diver before he began moonlighting as a ransacker, rapist and murderer, I doubt his trinkets are in a coffee can at the bottom of a lake somewhere near Sacto. But "stay at home dad = full time criminal". That's a very interesting observation. And speaking of full-time criminals, think about the time it would take him to scope out his next victim, plan his escape route, then commit the crime, take whatever trophies, and then stash the trophies someplace safe... that really is a full-time job right there. It would seem that working in L.E. was something JJD did on the side. And perhaps something he did so as to keep tabs (from the inside) on the crimes he was committing on the outside. I wonder if that was his plan all along?

I just want to post this video by the Criminal Profiler John Kelly. I have watched all the Dark Minds Episodes and have enjoyed his profiles. I also though he did a good profile of the Golden State Killer in the episode about this case. Where I disagree with him and Paul Holes is I did not expect EAR/ONS to try self preservation by feigning illness and being in a wheelchair. I also am surprised by his health deterioration as I always thought he did not care less about any of his crimes or victims. John Kelly may be right in another video where he says he may be trying to die in an act of final control. One thing for certain there can be no pity for someone who committed so many terrible crimes and destroyed so many innocent peoples lives:

I just want to post this video by the Criminal Profiler John Kelly. I have watched all the Dark Minds Episodes and have enjoyed his profiles. I also though he did a good profile of the Golden State Killer in the episode about this case. Where I disagree with him and Paul Holes is I did not expect EAR/ONS to try self preservation by feigning illness and being in a wheelchair. I also am surprised by his health deterioration as I always thought he did not care less about any of his crimes or victims. John Kelly may be right in another video where he says he may be trying to die in an act of final control. One thing for certain there can be no pity for someone who committed so many terrible crimes and destroyed so many innocent peoples lives:

Here is a video from the Most Evil series with Dr Michael Stone (not sure how long the video will stay up). I normally have no time for listening to Serial Killers speak as I find people like Bundy an evil bore and outside of his crimes I think the same applies for EAR/ONS outside of his evil crimes which generate so much fascination. I find the experiments in this program interesting and although there is nothing funny about this cases his Most Evil scale makes me smile. I always say all killers are equally as evil if you are the one killed by them. If you posted EAR/ONS on his list though he would have to be at the top of it:

Most Evil - Wikipedia

I have no idea what EAR/ONS IQ was and I am not even sure the FBI knows that but however offensive it sounds even with the luck of the Devil he was a criminal mastermind.

Here is a video from the Most Evil series with Dr Michael Stone (not sure how long the video will stay up). I normally have no time for listening to Serial Killers speak as I find people like Bundy an evil bore and outside of his crimes I think the same applies for EAR/ONS outside of his evil crimes which generate so much fascination. I find the experiments in this program interesting and although there is nothing funny about this cases his Most Evil scale makes me smile. I always say all killers are equally as evil if you are the one killed by them. If you posted EAR/ONS on his list though he would have to be at the top of it:

Most Evil - Wikipedia

I have no idea what EAR/ONS IQ was and I am not even sure the FBI knows that but however offensive it sounds even with the luck of the Devil he was a criminal mastermind.

Just want to make another point. There used to be debates raging around the Unabomber and EAR/ONS cases. With EAR/ONS you also have a physical nature to the crimes. Running jumping and hiding etc. There is a great deal of intellectual planning in some of the crimes but an evil physical brutality to them as well.

Exclusive: Sacramento cops arrested Golden State Killer suspect in 1996, then let him go

MARCH 15, 2019

"Authorities arrested Joseph James DeAngelo last April as the Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist suspect, and they said the former police officer had never before been on their radar as a suspect.

But DeAngelo had been arrested 22 years earlier and held in the Sacramento County Jail for three and a half hours on unrelated charges before being released and sent on his way, The Sacramento Bee has learned.

DeAngelo, who was 50 at the time, was arrested in a sting operation on April 16, 1996, that targeted individuals with outstanding warrants and notified them that they had won free Super Bowl tickets they could pick up at an office in Sacramento. DeAngelo was one of the suspects who responded, and ended up jailed on allegations he had held up a gas station.

At the time, officials say, they would have had no way of knowing that one of the nation’s most sought-after criminal suspects was in their grasp. No DNA samples were routinely taken during bookings back then, and there was nothing out of the ordinary about the arrest, a Sacramento sheriff’s spokesman said.

“We had no way of knowing at the time who we actually had in our jail because the evidence wasn’t there, the technology wasn’t there,” Sgt. Shaun Hampton said Friday. “I don’t think there’s any way we could have known, there was no way for us to identify this person by him simply being in our jail for a few hours.”...

At the time, DeAngelo’s only known brush with the law came in 1979, when he was fired from his job with the Auburn Police Department after he was charged with shoplifting a hammer and a can of dog repellent from a Citrus Heights drug store.

But newly unearthed court records from Placer County Superior Court and an interview with DeAngelo’s attorney at the time detail the nearly comical series of events that led to his 1996 arrest.

The court records, originally sought by The Bee on April 30 following DeAngelo’s arrest, were recently located and provided Friday.

The records stem from a $1 million civil suit DeAngelo filed in 1996 against the owner of a Sacramento-area gas station over what he considered his false arrest...."

Exclusive: Sacramento cops arrested Golden State Killer suspect in 1996, then let him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288