GUILTY PA - Five Dead from Domestic Violence, Bucks County, 25 Feb 2019 *Arrests*

The news broke late last night and I can’t find the original (not updated) article but it said 4 or 5 killed including children and two were injured. Neighbors complained of a foul odor. Since they are still trying to determine cause of death, and given the hazmat suits, I wonder if they may have used a gas or something of that sort. Just horrific.

Shana and Dominique Decree were taken to Jefferson Bucks Hospital, where Shana initially told police that Jamilla Campbell's boyfriend and two unknown males had killed everyone in the apartment except her and Dominique.

Shana Decree later recanted that statement and told police "everyone at the apartment including the nine-year-olds and 13-year-old wanted to die" and that everyone was "talking about suicide."

Decree confessed to killing one of the juveniles, and said she and Dominique both killed a second, the affidavit states.

She also said that one of the victims, Jamila Campbell, killed Naa'Irah Smith, and that Dominique later killed Campbell.

Dominique Decree admitted to detectives at the hospital that she choked Campbell to death. She said Shana killed two of the juveniles and Smith, and that Campbell choked one of the juveniles.

Read more here: Mass murder-suicide plan behind death of 5 family member, survivors tell police

I don't get it. All my years here at Websleuths and as a former cop, and this is the weirdest case I have heard about, at least right now. Maybe as investigation continues it will be a little clearer, but right now, I'm just like WTH???

I am not sure I am buying that story that the 2 survivors are selling. They are saying that all five of them 'wanted to die' ---including the children. I doubt that. I think that just sounded better than the truth, when they were questioned. JMO

Pennsylvania
Five Family Members Killed
Two Relatives In-Custody

Morrisville >>> Bucks County
Revised to 23* Feb 2019

Deceased:
Ages 42 thru 9
Manners of Death ::: Homicides
Causes of Death may Include ::: Manual Strangulations

Two, In-Custody Defendants:

Ages 45 and 19

Morrisville, Bucks County is in South-Eastern, PA
Day Two

3)) NBC TV-10:

Pa. Woman Accused of Killing 5 Claims 'Family Wanted to Die'

4)) Philly dot Com:
Bucks murder-suicide plan: Read the charging documents for Shana Decree, Dominique Decree
[GRAPHIC Text]

5)) Google Supplements & Updates:
5 Dead - Morrisville, Bucks County, PA - Google Search

Check-Back:

(Lower) Magisterial District Judge Court:
*A-2)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-07111-CR-0000058-2019&dnh=dQP3VoaNmeQ5QaF2qwhrNw==
&
*A-3)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-07111-CR-0000059-2019&dnh=HZX0LiBtmKABHhs9by4/rg==

(Upper) Court of Common Pleas:
B))
Common Pleas Docket Sheet
[Future Formal Arraignment >> then >> Formal Hearing]

AOPC = Affidavit of Probable Cause
Apt. = Apartment
CFI = Confinement FacilIty
COD = Cause of Death
C.S. = Consolidated Statute
DA = District Attorney
DP = Death Penalty
F1 = Felony-Grade Charge of the 1st Degree
Haz-Mat = Hazardous Materials
LWOP = Life WithOut Parole
ME = Medical Examiner
NCIC = National Crime Information Center
PCC = Police Criminal Complaint
PD = Police Department
Presser = Press Conference
PSI = Pre-Sentence Investigation
Psych Eval = Psychological Evaluation
TBD = To-Be Determined
Tox = Toxicology​
Our Support to All Domestic Violence
Survivors, and Victims.

[Message 6277
Thread 427592]

Last edited:
What a nightmare. I feel so shocked and like I’m not able to grasp the actual magnitude of this situation. Please excuse unorganized ramblings:

I’m really hoping that the son who was not there can give any clues to what the heck was going on with this family?
Maybe it was him?
Was there some sort of really insane abusive/spiritual/philosophical thing taking place that the eldest sister was pushing on the whole family since they were all under one roof? It’s the only way I can come to terms with her 19 year old also being in on it.
I can’t believe they are trying to say all these children wanted to end their life. I wonder if they can test for dna on the necks of the children to prove exactly who killed who (to rule out deceased sister?)
So it was just a random visit that led to the bodies being found?
Any idea of how long they’d been there since neighbors could smell something foul? If the whole apartment was in disarray and shattered, why had no one else heard this commotion to call the police? The 19 year old had marks around her neck so maybe her mother had tried to kill her at the end? Were they waiting for the 17 year old to come home, and why was he not there? Wow just so many questions my mind is blown. What a soul crushing story.

Pretty certain two nine year olds and a 13 yr. old didn't "want" to die.
Sometimes a child or teen will take their own life... but, all three of them ?
My first guess would be some kind of domestic dispute and/or drug use ?
"...they wanted to die.." Claims one of the killers.
Yes-- sure, a jury is going to buy that !
Crazy stupid.
Rest in peace to the innocents !! :( :cry:

Last edited:
Raleigh man grieving after police say his wife and daughter killed 5 relatives

--
A Raleigh man is grieving the loss of his son after authorities say his wife and daughter killed five of their family members, including three children, in Pennsylvania.

"This been going on for the past month," Decree Sr. told ABC11. "I mean we been calling children's services, calling the police."

"From my niece, apparently they had dissected into some type of cult that they materialized online," he said. "I don't know how, what kind of cult. And they were talking about demons being all around them."

He said that if his wife and daughter committed the crimes, he wants them held accountable.

"I don't want them in no insane asylum," he said. "I want to see them in jail for the rest of their life."

Inside a cramped Bucks County apartment, 5 family members dead in murder-suicide pact, survivors say

Feb 26, 2019

"Death came swiftly to unit S7 in Morrisville’s Robert Morris apartments, a cramped unit in a small town on a bank of the Delaware River. It was a crime so dark that it gave pause to veteran investigators in Bucks County, who called it was one of the worst in the area’s history.

Five family members — including three children — were found dead by a county case worker late Monday in what investigators described as a grisly murder, but what a mother and daughter charged in the crime say was a suicide pact they unintentionally survived.

Shana S. Decree, 45, and her daughter Dominique Decree, 19, were charged Tuesday with five counts each of homicide and one count of conspiracy in the deaths of the elder Decree’s sister, older daughter, teenage son, and twin 9-year-old nieces.

The women, in conflicting stories to police, said some of the victims were choked to death.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said the “atrocious” murders confounded investigators Tuesday as the two women was arraigned and sent to the county jail. They’ll remain there, denied bond, because of the severity of the charges they face....

He identified the dead as Shana Decree’s children, Naa’Irah Smith, 25, and Damon Decree Jr., 13, both of Morrisville; as well as Shana Decree’s sister, Jamilla Campbell, 42, of Trenton, and Campbell’s 9-year-old twin daughters, Imani and Erika Allen....

While being treated at the hospital, Shana Decree initially told police that Jamilla Campbell’s boyfriend and two unknown males had killed everyone in the apartment except her and Dominique. She later recanted that statement and told police “everyone at the apartment including the nine-year-olds and 13-year-old wanted to die" and that everyone was “talking about suicide.”

Decree confessed to killing her 9-year-old niece Imani, and said her sister Campbell killed Imani’s twin, Erika. Campbell, she said, also killed Smith, Decree’s 25-year-old daughter, and she said Campbell and Dominique Decree together killed 13-year-old Damon, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed in the case...."

Inside a cramped Bucks County apartment, 5 family members dead in murder-suicide pact, survivors say

53121514_10156356194156378_3803730798067056640_n.jpg

“This been going on for the past month," Decree Sr. told ABC11. "I mean we been calling children's services, calling the police."

"From my niece, apparently they had dissected into some type of cult that they materialized online," he said. "I don't know how, what kind of cult. And they were talking about demons being all around them."
WHAT?!?
Was the whole family of 8 involved, or just the mom, daughter and niece? How bizarre. And on the internet?! Humans never cease to overwhelm me. I so so hope the rest of the family members get more answers and hopefully can heal as much as one can in this situation.. the innocent babies lost in this craziness!

Seriouly bad drugs? I don't get why they didn't fight back.

I don't get it. All my years here at Websleuths and as a former cop, and this is the weirdest case I have heard about, at least right now. Maybe as investigation continues it will be a little clearer, but right now, I'm just like WTH???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back