GUILTY PA - Five Dead from Domestic Violence, Bucks County, 25 Feb 2019 *Arrests*

I think drugs. And, lots of them.
Perhaps for all of the adults.
Cheap drugs laced with who knows what.
Do the murderers get a pass?
No.
However, it's worthy to note, that this family was living with circumstances that most of cannot comprehend.

I feel torn on this. On the one hand, I feel like the story that Campbell killed one of the girls is completely fabricated in an attempt to shift some of the blame from the two accused. But on the other, if talk of them being involved in some shady online cult is true, then their story just might be true, possibly even the part about everyone wanting to die too.

I'm not completely buying the cult theory though, there's just a few details that don't add up, like why would their initial story be that the sister's boyfriend and friends hurt them?

On the fence until we get more information, none of this makes a lot of sense right now.

7Y52SVEU3FAK7ANPPGKZK5IBIY.jpg

COURTESY LATASHA HARRIS
Destiny Harris said her twin half-sisters Imani and Erica were going to turn 10 on Friday. Here, the trio posed for a picture before Harris' 2017 high school prom.

The last time she saw her sisters, she said, was a week ago. The girls were going to turn 10 on Friday, and were looking forward to a trip to Walt Disney World.

Her sisters, Harris said, “were great kids. They were smart, and they loved everyone. They were the greatest kids.”
Inside a cramped Bucks County apartment, 5 family members dead in murder-suicide pact, survivors say

They were about to celebrate their 10th birthdays at DisneyWorld. I don't think the girls were talking about wanting to die. JMO

How does a family that has eight folks in a 2-bedroom apartment afford Disney?

I am not victim shaming, I am truly curious about this.

People attach all sorts of different priorities to things. While day to day life can be very challenging, for some of us it’s more important to sprinkle in some indulgence and luxury here and there for stress relief and memories. Could also have been a present from grandparents or something like that?

I do buy parts of the cult theory. Like I said in my first rambling post, I felt that something creepy was going on for something like this to take place, and for some reason I didn’t see it as being drugs, financial, or a normal family dispute. When the father specifically came out and said that indeed something was going on with them spiritually for at least a month, I felt that there was something to that. Maybe it was the mom and daughter who were becoming indoctrinated. Who knows, maybe drugs were involved too. Either way, someone was psychologically breaking down and took the others with them.

Sounds like there was a struggle.
Which might mean the victims fought back ; and did not die willingly.
We'll never know if the adult victims wanted to end their own lives, but it's not a stretch to think that those charged with murder are also liars.
One of the victims was engaged last year, so maybe she was planning to move out ?

Cults , and some religions can make people into monsters.
Of course, with certain types of personalities -- very little incentive is need for them to become controlling and abusive !

5 Grisly Murders, a Possible Suicide Pact; Family members say cult ties may have influenced suspects to kill 5 other family members

By Jenn Gidman, Newser Staff
Posted Feb 27, 2019 7:41 AM CST
5 Grisly murders, a possible suicide pact in Pennsylvania

(NEWSER) – What authorities in Bucks County, Pa., are calling an "atrocious" murder still hasn't been completely clarified by the two suspects, who were found Monday night at the scene of the Morrisville massacre, but pieces (albeit conflicting ones) are slowly starting to come together.

"As confusing as it was last night, we are no closer to understanding [the motive] in the harsh light of day," Bucks County DA Matthew Weintraub said Tuesday of the deaths of five family members there, per the Philadelphia Inquirer. He added he expected it would be a "long, laborious process" in trying to figure out how and why Shana Decree, 45, and her daughter Dominique Decree, 19, allegedly killed two of the elder Decree's other children; her sister, Jamilla Campbell; and Campbell's twin 9-year-old girls in the apartment police said they all shared. The suspects have each been charged with homicide and conspiracy.

The two suspects, found at the scene and hospitalized before being taken to prison, told police divergent stories, though both alluded to a possible suicide pact. Shana Decree first said Campbell's boyfriend and two other men carried out the killings, then took that story back and said "everyone at the apartment, including the 9-year-olds and 13-year-old, wanted to die," per an affidavit; Dominique Decree told authorities of her own "wish to die." The suspects also gave varying answers on who killed each of the deceased. Other family members tell WPVI they suspect religious or cult-linked reasons for the murders. Shana Decree's ex-husband (and Dominique's father) says they'd been "talking about demons being all around them," while another relative says the suspects seemed to think the world was going to end this month, reports the New York Post.

5 Grisly murders, a possible suicide pact in Pennsylvania

Mom Accused of Killing Family: Everyone 'Wanted to Die'

https://nypost.com/2019/02/26/mothe...-family-murders-thought-the-world-was-ending/

Shana Decree & Dominique Decree: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Feb 26, 2019

"...Here’s what you need to know:..."

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/shana-decree-dominique-decree/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homicide press conference 2.26.19

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-husband blames cult as motive in deaths of 5 family members (with clip)
‘They were talking about demons being all around them,’ he said of the two suspects.

February 28, 2019

"MORRISVILLE, PA (KYW/CNN) - After a mother and daughter were charged with killing five of their family members, authorities say it may take weeks to figure out how and why the alleged crimes were committed.

The estranged husband and father of the two suspects, Damon Decree Sr., claims his ex-wife, 45-year-old Shana Decree, and their daughter, 19-year-old Dominique Decree, were “into some type of cult.”

"I don’t know what kind of cult, and they were talking about demons being all around them,” Damon Decree said....

The Morrisville School District superintendent says the three children who were killed hadn’t been in school for weeks. District officials were under the impression they were being homeschooled.

Both suspects were denied bail."

Ex-husband blames cult as motive in deaths of 5 family members

MFGYJYZFPFGIZOKZYA7YZUKUDA.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Is Dominique Decree? New Details About The 'Demon Cult' Teen Who Killed Five Family Members (with clips)

February 28, 2019

Who Is Dominique Decree? New Details About The 'Demon Cult' Teen Who Killed Five Family Members
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police: No evidence of demon cult in apartment where 5 killed

February 28, 2019

"MORRISVILLE, Pa. — The police chief of a Bucks County community where five people were found killed inside an apartment on Monday denies rumors that cult activity was involved....

The father of the 13-year-old boy told 6 ABC Action News that the family was always talking about demons. A family friend said that the Decree children weren't allowed out of their apartment by their mother.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub was at a loss to explain a motivation for the deaths.

"We're working on some theories but it wouldn't be fair of me to speculate so I'm not going to," Weintraub said, stressing that there are no other suspects.

When asked specifically about witchcraft, Weintraub said he didn't know "but I wouldn't be able to tell you that if that were a fact because I don't want to tarnish their memories."

Police chief George McClay downplayed rumors of cult activity and told reporters that there's no evidence of it inside the apartment....

Shana Decree was convinced the world was about to end, her sister Latasha Harris told the Post. Another relative who went to check on the family was told to leave because she was a "demon."..."

Police chief: No evidence of demon cult in apartment where 5 killed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pray for the town of Morrisville:" Hundreds gather at vigil for 5 family members (with clip)

February 28, 2019

"MORRISVILLE, Pa. (WPVI) -- The pain in a Bucks County community is palpable as residents try to come to grips with the horror that took place inside of a family's apartment.

Hundreds gathered at Morrisville United Methodist Church Wednesday night for an interfaith service to remember the victims, the youngest of whom were 9-year-old twins.

People from near and far were in attendance, including family members, classmates, teachers, counselors, and some who had never even met the family...."

"Pray for the town of Morrisville:" Vigil held for 5 family members
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks before her death, Bucks County murder victim went from ‘happy' to meek, tired, scared, father says

Vinny Vella, Katie Park Philly.com (TNS) February 28, 2019 958 PM

The last time that Ronald Smith laid eyes on his daughter, in the predawn hours of Feb. 1, after a desperate ride north from his home in Maryland, through a barely cracked front door in a basement apartment, she seemed like an entirely different person from the one he knew. Meek. Tired. Scared. The complete opposite of the vibrant young woman he talked to almost daily. But in the final weeks of her life, Naa'Irah Smith withdrew from her father and so many others around her - including her fiance - except for sending a few terse text messages. Messages that said she needed to make “herself right before going through the pearly gates,” Smith said. About how the world would end before February turned to March.

On Monday, Naa'Irah Smith, 25, was found dead alongside four other members of her family in the Morrisville apartment her father had visited weeks earlier.

“She was a great child, a happy person,” Smith said Thursday, taking a break from making funeral arrangements for his daughter.

Bucks County prosecutors have charged Naa'Irah Smith's mother, Shana S. Decree, 45, with killing her daughter; her son Damon, 13; her sister Jamillah Campbell, 42; and Campbell's twin 9-year-old daughters, Imani and Erika Allen. Smith's half-sister Dominique Decree, 19, is also charged with homicide and conspiracy in connection with the deaths...

The victims' relatives told the Inquirer that Decree, Smith, and Campbell had retreated from the world in the two weeks before their deaths. Decree and Campbell pulled their kids out of school, and Smith told her aunt that she was afraid to leave the house because of the “demons” they saw all around them.

Ronald Smith observed the same sudden shift in behavior in his daughter. “It was like a switch was flipped,” he said. “I talked to Naa'Irah all throughout the month of January, and then nothing.” He began to worry on Jan. 31, when he received a frantic call from Timothy Cason, his daughter's fiance. He said Naa'Irah wasn't coming home at night, spending more and more time with her mother. Cason hadn't heard from her since Jan. 28, he said.

At the same time, Cason's mother, Tiffany Owens, expressed similar concern. In the days since Naa'Irah Smith suddenly moved out of the house she shared with Cason in Morrisville, she turned unnaturally quiet, letting the phone ring and barely responding to text messages, Owens said Thursday. After sending dozens of concerned text messages to Smith, Owens said, Smith explained that she needed some time alone and was “trying to become one with God.”

When Cason called Ronald Smith late on Jan. 31, he could tell knew from the tone of her voice that something was terribly wrong. Smith drove nonstop to Decree's front door. He got there at 3 a.m. They wouldn't let him in. He called Morrisville police, and with the help of an officer, Smith finally coaxed his daughter into opening the front door. Owens, Cason, and some other members of their family joined Smith. Owens recalled that Naa'Irah was crying when they arrived, and had a long blanket draped over her shoulders, although she assured everyone that all was well. “She didn't look the same, she couldn't look me in the eyes,” Smith said of his daughter. “It looked like she was programmed not to come outside. It was so strange.”

There wasn't much more he could do, he said. His subsequent attempts to call her went straight to voicemail, as if she had blocked his number. He later learned that his daughter had requested a leave of absence from cosmetology school, one month before her expected graduation. Smith is convinced that Decree was manipulating their daughter, and speculated that she may have been drugged. Decree suffered from lupus, and police found prescription medicine in the apartment, investigators said.

How does a family that has eight folks in a 2-bedroom apartment afford Disney?

I am not victim shaming, I am truly curious about this.

I am curious as well. They lived a most strange existence, imo, with a most tragic final chapter.
Imagine being incarcerated with this mom/daughter duo. Yikes

I am curious as well. They lived a most strange existence, imo, with a most tragic final chapter.
Imagine being incarcerated with this mom/daughter duo. Yikes

It seems Smith had just moved in with her mom after leaving her home with Carson. It might be possible that the mother of the twins had also done the same thing.

I ran across some type of weird facebook the other day that falls in line kinda with the end of the world happening soon . BIZZARE .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back