Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she had brought her own blanket with her when she packed for the weekend at her sister's. Perhaps her own blanket was gone in the morning, but that's not clear from any of the reports.
This would mean it’s a special blanket that she really likes... which I totally understand, I’m 29 and bring my favorite pillow whenever I’m staying the night somewhere else. With that said though, wouldn’t they indicate that she had left with all her belongings” instead of there being a missing blanket? The sister would have said “she took her backpack and blanket” not “she took her backpack and a blanket is missing”
Granted, we’re dealing with a lot of translations so it might be her blanket. Hopefully some of these details get cleared up soon.
Also I’m stuck on the phone thing, my phone is never off unless it dies which is about twice a year. Turning your phone off is such an evasive and intentional action... I think someone else turned off her phone.

The missing blanket is indeed a concern, especially since she was visiting and wasn't in her own home. Perhaps she had brought her own blanket with her when she packed for the weekend at her sister's. Perhaps her own blanket was gone in the morning, but that's not clear from any of the reports. It makes a difference if her own blanket was gone, or if her sister's blanket was missing and there was no note left to explain why she was borrowing it.

In this article it says she took a blanket from the living room (where she was sleeping on the sofa). It doesn't sound to me that it was her own blanket. jmo

Berlin: Rebecca (15) vermisst - Vater äußert erschreckenden Verdacht - Polizei soll nun WhatsApp-Zugriff haben | Deutschland

ETA: the article also says she left her change of clothes and toothbrush behind, which is odd given she was planning to go back to her parent's house after school that day. So was she planning on coming back to her sister's house some time later to get her things? She took her school bag, so she planned to go to school and get her clothes and toothbrush afterwards?

Last edited:
This would mean it’s a special blanket that she really likes... which I totally understand, I’m 29 and bring my favorite pillow whenever I’m staying the night somewhere else. With that said though, wouldn’t they indicate that she had left with all her belongings” instead of there being a missing blanket? The sister would have said “she took her backpack and blanket” not “she took her backpack and a blanket is missing”
Granted, we’re dealing with a lot of translations so it might be her blanket. Hopefully some of these details get cleared up soon.
Also I’m stuck on the phone thing, my phone is never off unless it dies which is about twice a year. Turning your phone off is such an evasive and intentional action... I think someone else turned off her phone.
I can't find any description of the blanket,only that it must be a fleece one,nothing about the colour.

15-year-old missing in Berlin
Why did Rebecca get up so early on the morning of her disappearance?

Rebecca stayed with her sister before she disappeared

The Berlin police are still looking for the 15-year-old student Rebecca Reusch. The girl stayed overnight from February 17th to 18th with her sister in Berlin-Britz. She should have come to class at 9:50, but she never arrived there. Since then Rebecca lacks every trace. Her parents are now asking why the girl got up so early in the morning. How they are doing at the moment and what they hope for, they tell in the exclusive interview in the video.

Rebecca must have left the house early in the morning
Rebecca spent the weekend with her older sister. This is what makes the two more common, says mother Brigitte Reusch exclusively in the RTL interview. At about seven o'clock the eldest daughter left her apartment to bring her child to the day care center. Because she knew that Rebecca had school later, she did not look for the girl. She did not want to wake the 15-year-old.

When the son-in-law wanted to check in at 8:30 in the shared apartment, whether Rebecca had gotten up in the meantime, she was no longer there. The family read the router. So at seven "plus minus an hour" had broken the contact with her daughter's cell phone, reports the mother.

Did Rebecca meet someone before school?
Parents now hope investigators will find clues reading out their daughter's whatsapp messages. Because if Rebecca left the house sometime between seven and eight, she would have been far too early. "She prefers to sleep longer than she goes to school just one minute early," says Rebecca's father Bernd Reusch. The parents suspect that the girl could have met somebody before school. That the girl could have run away, the parents consider excluded.

To read more:
Warum stand Rebecca am Morgen ihres Verschwindens so früh auf?
I am not sure if it will leads you to the automatic English tanslation but when it does,I dont think there are any typo's there.

Also I have been wondering about her pink fluffy jacket,seems to me that it would be noticed when you see a person with a colourful jacket.

In this article it says she took a blanket from the living room (where she was sleeping on the sofa). It doesn't sound to me that it was her own blanket. jmo

I do agree with you that it doesnt sound that it was her blanket,why take it with you..while leaving your 'change clothes' and toothbrush behind?

From the information in previous posts-

I am not seeing any evidence that she left the house for the bus stop or anywhere else.

A blanket is missing from the couch that she slept on.

Her phone went off-line around the time before she was said to be last seen by the son-in-law.

In previous and similar cases...

There's something so strange about this disappearance.

Was it normal for her to spend the night at her sisters?

It seems like this teen was in some degree of distress... she was fighting with classmates, wanted to change schools, deletes a bunch of photos from her Instagram the day before she disappears, and crashes on her sister's couch. These are signs of distress IMO.

And then you have her essentially disappearing from the couch w/ a blanket and her belongings.

From the information in previous posts-

I am not seeing any evidence that she left the house for the bus stop or anywhere else.

A blanket is missing from the couch that she slept on.

Her phone went off-line around the time before she was said to be last seen by the son-in-law.

In previous and similar cases...

Yep, sadly, I am picking up what you are putting down... and was wondering why we were looking at everything else but the obvious...

Screenshot_20190227-003634.jpg Screenshot_20190227-003356.jpg I made some screenshots of the video that I am watching as I type.
Her mother says that she did send an app to Rebecca asking her to get ready for school. Rebecca replied that she would get ready later.
Her mother also states that normally the school would call when they notice when someone isn't present. She didn't heard anything so she assument that her daughter was at school.
The search dogs did track Rebecca's smell at the bus stop, after that the search dogs lost her track.
The rest of the video is about the search her family and friends started on social media and putting up flyers.
Video can be viewed here:
#findbecci: Freunde suchen verzweifelt vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin

Last edited:
It does not say anything about the search dogs in the article.. any other written statement about the dog alerting to her scent at the bus stop? I cannot get subtitles on the video

It does not say anything about the search dogs in the article.. any other written statement about the dog alerting to her scent at the bus stop? I cannot get subtitles on the video
No,cant find any written statement so far, except her sister's statement on Instagram that Rebecca definitively walked to the bus stop, which takes about 6 minutes walk.
There is a mention about her mobile that was on fly modus that night/morning. (?)

There's something so strange about this disappearance.

Was it normal for her to spend the night at her sisters?

It seems like this teen was in some degree of distress... she was fighting with classmates, wanted to change schools, deletes a bunch of photos from her Instagram the day before she disappears, and crashes on her sister's couch. These are signs of distress IMO.

And then you have her essentially disappearing from the couch w/ a blanket and her belongings.
I am glad you brought up the potential reasons for staying the night at Sis's house...
As I was wondering that, as well...

Of course, in many cases, there needs to be no reason to stay at a relative's house... As it is just fun to be with other family members...

But is this a common occurrence with RR?...
Why on a night before school?
Was there a stressor which RR was experiencing which led her to "get away" and stay at her sis's house?
or was there a specific event at the sis's house on Sunday night?
(for instance B-Day party for a family member?
But then... The parents would probably be invited, too...)

I am just throwing some thoughts around...

All JMO...

View attachment 171161 View attachment 171162 I made some screenshots of the video that I am watching as I type.
Her mother says that she did send an app to Rebecca asking her to get ready for school. Rebecca replied that she would get ready later.
Her mother also states that normally the school would call when they notice when someone isn't present. She didn't heard anything so she assument that her daughter was at school.
The search dogs did track Rebecca's smell at the bus stop, after that the search dogs lost her track.
The rest of the video is about the search her family and friends started on social media and putting up flyers.
Video can be viewed here:
#findbecci: Freunde suchen verzweifelt vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin

I wonder if they followed the bus route and checked for her scent and each stop?

She must have some kind of bus pass to travel with the bus, have the police checked if it's been used the morning she went missing, and if it has been used later?

The German bus tickets/ passes aren't digital they're just a piece of paper, which you show at request. You can not check if they've been used or not.

I think the discrepancy between the time the BIL saw her is bad reporting, not his story changing. It seems like the initial time was wrong, but most sources since then have been reporting the second time.

For me the blanket is definitely a red flag - even her dad said that it was unusual for her to take it with her, so I don't think it was one she'd brought from home and would be bringing back with her after staying at her sister's place.

I didn't read too much into her staying at her sister's for the weekend, I think that's pretty normal. Most people generally don't need a reason to go and stay with family (especially at this age when she still lives at home with her parents), and I get the vibe her sister and her were close, so this might have been a regular thing.

The other thing I thought of was in regards to the family getting a replacement SIM card, is it possible they needed this to access some of her accounts? I know contacting the provider might have given them access to her messages, but for any online apps (I'm thinking WhatsApp in particular), they may have needed her SIM to access the information there. I could be way off though, I don't know much about WhatApp.

In any case, I get the feeling she left to meet someone before school, otherwise there was no real reason for her to leave so early. If she was being bullied at school could she have been meeting up with someone from school, maybe they lured her somewhere to 'talk things over'?

Great question! Why would she leave much earlier than normal...only to walk to the bus stop? It’s not like the school bus is going to come earlier than normal.

I have to wonder if one person is trying to cover for another. MOO

Quite possible but just to point out that the bus is very likely a normal public transport bus which runs on a regular schedule, not an actual school bus (as in the US) so she could have intended to catch an earlier bus to school or catch the bus to go somewhere else before school.

What do they mean by "shared apartment?"
Is there a roommate?
I am not sure but I do think it is a familyhouse (believe thats the way they call it in Germany) A huge house or building,where more then 1 family lives.The hall is centreded and around that are the frontdoors of different family's.

I wonder if they followed the bus route and checked for her scent and each stop?
The reporter said that at the crossroad /bus stop,the police dogs lost her scent.
As for public transport in Berlin,I did read that most have CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert