Found Safe Slovakia - Dominic Madar, 27, claimed he had been robbed, British Embassy, Bratislava, 1 Feb 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Kent Police

We are appealing for information into the whereabouts of a #Tonbridge man who has been reported missing abroad.

Dominic Madar, aged 27, left his home in Tonbridge on 14 January 2019 with the intention of travelling between the capital cities of Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. Dominic is known to have stayed in both Vienna and Bratislava.

He was last seen on 1 February, when he attended the British Embassy in Bratislava and was believed to be without any money or a phone. On the same day he contacted someone in Budapest asking for a place to stay. Since then Dominic has not been seen or heard from and it is unclear whether he made the journey to Budapest.

There are growing concerns for Dominic’s welfare and we have been in liaison with a number of foreign embassies as part of ongoing enquiries to locate him. Appeals for information have been circulated in embassies and hostels, at locations where he may have travelled to and stayed.
Officers are now urging friends, or people who may have met Dominic on his travels and who have now returned home, to get in touch if they have heard from him or have any information.

Dominic is white and described as being around 6ft tall. He is of slim build and has dark brown hair.

If you can help please call 101, quoting reference KP-20190204-1266.

D8306686-3C02-40AB-9691-3654882981F0.jpeg

Police appeal for help to find missing British man, 27, who has disappeared in Europe | Daily Mail Online

Madar was last seen when he attended the British Embassy in Bratislava, Slovakia, on 1 February where he told officials he had been robbed.

Officers are now urging friends, or people who may have met Dominic on his travels and who have now returned home, to get in touch if they have heard from him or have any information.

Police launch search for British man who went missing while travelling in Europe

Well, that's my city. There are absolutely nothing about this in the Hungarian press. He isn't even on the official Hungarian police website's wanted list. Would be good to know where those confirmed sightings took place.

Budapest isn't a particularly dangerous city, but it has its not very nice neighbourhoods too. There were some tourist accidents lately - falling into the Danube (a lot of tourists have this strange need of climbing our bridges - why?!) or being hit by cars (don't forget: you are not in Western Europe. Cars don't stop if they see you entering the road. The quickest wins, and it's usually the car, not you).

He might just be enjoying our party district too much and can't be bothered. That's the most likely.

So, last confirmed sightings were 7th Feb in Budapest, Hungary. We need more info about those and whether he got to the accommodation he'd been asking about.

Gottlieb, as our resident Budapest correspondent, have you seen anything in the media over the weekend?

There is absolutely nothing about him in the Hungarian press, there never was. He isn't even listed on the police site.

It would be interesting to know, where those sightings were, because I could than evaluate those places, but I have no idea, where to look for info. There is nothing about him out there.

There's now a post about him on a facebook page for people who disappeared in Hungary.
According to it Hungarian police thinks he's in Bratislava or Vienna, and there's no proof that he ever arrived in Budapest. How could we find out, where the 2 confirmed sightings were? Unfortunately I don't speak Slovakian and there is nothing on him in the Austria press either.

Eltűnt emberekért-megoszthatod

There's now a post about him on a facebook page for people who disappeared in Hungary.
According to it Hungarian police thinks he's in Bratislava or Vienna, and there's no proof that he ever arrived in Budapest. How could we find out, where the 2 confirmed sightings were? Unfortunately I don't speak Slovakian and there is nothing on him in the Austria press either.

Eltűnt emberekért-megoszthatod

I am not Slovakian but understand - will check

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood