Very Strange Story/Note from 1985 Found in Butt of Gun

About the life insurance. Are you assuming 50% should go to you or was that stated in the policy? If you weren’t a beneficiary I don’t think there would be any guarantee that you would receive any amount. No offense but if he was dodging child support, it doesn’t seem like he’d have a policy naming you as a beneficiary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree.

I am not proficient in the law and do not know the answers to your questions, although it makes sense he could've ended one life insurance policy and added another.

Regardless, when a person has two children and remarries, the benefits should be split 50% between his children and 50% to his new wife. That is the way I understand family law works.

I could be completely wrong.

But her stating that his two children were not his seems to me at least part of a motive to at least investigate her.

That only applies if there is not a will. If there is a will, then the provisions in the will dictate who shall inherit the estate.

I feel really bad about the house fire that had the father's possessions in it. That just seems like a cruel thing to do (if the fire was deliberately set) and an insult to his children, who may have wanted those items as a way of getting to know their father a little bit.

Perhaps allfalldown could do a Ancestry DNA, gives a good idea of percentage of any mix?

I have done DNA testing. I am half Norwegian, a quarter Dutch and a quarter Syrian. I can see why they may have thought his very slightly olive colored skin made him something other than caucasian but he was a white dude.

allfalldown, sorry to hear you have not been able to get more information, I wanted to re read your FOI and police requests but the link doesn’t work now, are you able to re link them? Pretty please!

Update:

Life got busy. For some reason I received no notifications that all you beautiful people were posting.

I got nothing new. I guess I'll have this in the back of my mind until the day I die!

@allfalldown Sorry, things turned out this way. I wish you (and your brother) all the best. I still would like to know what the outcome was of your conversation with the San Juan, NM detective.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back