Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would the running man be coming from to use the Oak Road path? Is it a short cut from somewhere like pub/club or something?

I haven't watched the CCTV for several days, so this is my quick and dirty take on it.

Knowing the area, I'd have to wonder about the motives of anybody around there at that time of night. There's simply no good (law-abiding, anyway) reason to be there, and it's dark and isolated enough that most wouldn't want to be there. I'm not a small man, and it wouldn't be my shortcut of choice at 2am - particularly not alone. Even if none of the people shown are involved with LS, they may not be the sort of upstanding citizens that would happily present themselves to the police.

Bike man - I've seen enough CCTV footage of burglaries in this area to know that bicycle is frequently the transport of choice. You can cover a lot of ground, whilst being able to use small, awkward routes like alleys. You see these type of people on an almost daily basis in this area. For those that don't know the area, this is all Oak Road essentially is - a cycle path. It's certainly not a road in any meaningful sense. When I was a kid, it was an unlit dirt path where we'd go to do the sort of silly things kids do. Whilst it looks to have been paved and lit since, it's still blocked off and impassable to cars.

Running man - it's definitely possible that something has spooked him, but what? Personally, I think that if he'd seen or heard something truly ominous, he'd have kept running. No chances taken. There is, after all, both a police and fire station close to where Oak Road meets Clough Road. More likely, I think, is that he's spooked himself. For whatever reason, he's used Oak Road at that time of night and done what most of us would do - ran it. Personally, that would get my adrenaline going and I'd be looking around me too.

The couple - I don't think that's PR and LS. Why would he take her from a secluded area to a main road, particularly if he had the sort of intentions that his previous crimes suggest he has? Clough Road, which is about 300 metres to the left of the extent of the CCTV footage, isn't residential, but there's traffic at all hours. There's also the police and fire stations, as well as numerous 'big box' retail units and stationary traffic cameras. I think he's an opportunist rather than a planner, but the risk just seems too great. It feels more likely that he'd try to isolate and control her - either in his car, or somewhere where he has little chance of being interrupted.

I'm happy to answer any questions about the area etc.

Welcome Vermont

I’m not local but from your insightful post I can picture the kind of cut through this is. I live in a rural, secluded location and have walked home late at night along a deserted canal towpath alone. The amount of times I’ve freaked myself out by my imagination working overtime! And then the slightest noise makes me scurry or turn around. I agree, if hi-vis man had seen anything more alarming he’d keep running and / or report it in light of the publicity this case had in the days following the day this film was taken. I think he’s scared himself in the dark and hurried his pace to get to safer, better lit roads.

I was thinking the cyclist was possibly a dealer. Convenient mode of transport and out late at night.

Cool I think it has to be done on a pc wwith Google maps , it's very good because you can share the maps and walk through the theories , let me know if you get stuck

I have now created an actual map on Google Maps for you to view things like Libby's address, Pawel's address, locations of sightings, reports of screams, places searched by police, locations of relevant CCTV etc. Hope this is useful for you and everyone else.

Libby Squire
Libby Squire - Google My Maps

ETA - this map is still in progress and will be added to constantly to keep up to date. Let me know if there's anything else that needs adding. Thanks.

I have now created an actual map on Google Maps for you to view things like Libby's address, Pawel's address, locations of sightings, reports of screams, places searched by police, locations of relevant CCTV etc. Hope this is useful for you and everyone else.

Libby Squire

This is so useful Sera! Thanks for all your helpful posts :)

One thing that hasn't been talked about much is the ~10 minutes before the footage starts in Spidercam. Surely if it is PR then in some of that 10 minutes he engaged with Libby? And with the foot/vehicle traffic being relatively high at the time on Beverley Road, other witnesses would've seen him with Libby?

As for why he might be parked in Haworth Street at that time there's a few possibles:

1, Picking up a takeaway.
2, Picking up a partner/friend from takeaway/pub/Sainsbury's.
3, Visiting a resident of Haworth Street.

So much we just don't know.

Dealer or petty thief, that's my thinking. I watched some CCTV footage last week of a man cycling along a local street around 3am, stopping at each car to look in the window. It's generally not dangerous, but that's the calibre of criminal you find at that time of night in this area.
Welcome Vermont

I’m not local but from your insightful post I can picture the kind of cut through this is. I live in a rural, secluded location and have walked home late at night along a deserted canal towpath alone. The amount of times I’ve freaked myself out by my imagination working overtime! And then the slightest noise makes me scurry or turn around. I agree, if hi-vis man had seen anything more alarming he’d keep running and / or report it in light of the publicity this case had in the days following the day this film was taken. I think he’s scared himself in the dark and hurried his pace to get to safer, better lit roads.

I was thinking the cyclist was possibly a dealer. Convenient mode of transport and out late at night.

Last edited:
One thing that hasn't been talked about much is the ~10 minutes before the footage starts in Spidercam. Surely if it is PR then in some of that 10 minutes he engaged with Libby? And with the foot/vehicle traffic being relatively high at the time on Beverley Road, other witnesses would've seen him with Libby?

As for why he might be parked in Haworth Street at that time there's a few possibles:

1, Picking up a takeaway.
2, Picking up a partner/friend from takeaway/pub/Sainsbury's.
3, Visiting a resident of Haworth Street.

So much we just don't know.

Or given what we now know of his behaviour, could he have been there to perv or commit burglary?

Where would the running man be coming from to use the Oak Road path? Is it a short cut from somewhere like pub/club or something?
Two possibilities: he'd be coming from the Beresford Avenue area, or he'd be coming from further north.

What you can't really see on Google maps is that, whilst Oak Road officially stops once it reaches Beresford Avenue and the entrance to the park, it actually continues on as a dirt path just outside its boundary and right up to its northern extent at Riversdale Road.

Libby Squire

ETA - this map is still in progress and will be added to constantly to keep up to date. Let me know if there's anything else that needs adding. Thanks.

This map is so clever Sera. I had no idea google allows you to create and share something so precise and detailed. Really brilliant. Thank you for your time and effort

Possibly. From the little we know about him and his family I'd wonder where he'd find the time.
Maybe Pr got away with going out at night by telling his wife he was earning extra money for the family working as a taxi driver. Maybe he told her it was his second job along with being a butcher

Possibly. From the little we know about him and his family I'd wonder where he'd find the time.

I’d wonder where he’d find the time too. Working full time and long shifts, one little one, one new (ish) born with a wife who also works full time when she’s not on maternity. Busy family life. But if we’re to believe the charge sheet for his alleged voyerisum, burglaries and other late night escapades ... it seems he’s previously found plenty of time to go enjoying himself at night whilst his wife is at home with the kids. So I wouldn’t rule it out. It feels to me as though he likes to prowl around locally at night.

Two possibilities: he'd be coming from the Beresford Avenue area, or he'd be coming from further north.

What you can't really see on Google maps is that, whilst Oak Road officially stops once it reaches Beresford Avenue and the entrance to the park, it actually continues on as a dirt path just outside its boundary and right up to its northern extent at Riversdale Road.
What do you think about the 2 people walking together on the cctv? Any ideas about them? Do you think they have been for a night out and are on their way home or something different and if they are just walking home why do you think they have not identified themselves to police?

I’d wonder where he’d find the time too. Working full time and long shifts, one little one, one new (ish) born with a wife who also works full time when she’s not on maternity. Busy family life. But if we’re to believe the charge sheet for his alleged voyerisum, burglaries and other late night escapades ... it seems he’s previously found plenty of time to go enjoying himself at night whilst his wife is at home with the kids. So I wouldn’t rule it out. It feels to me as though he likes to prowl around locally at night.
I think he might tell his wife he goes out at night to try to earn extra money as a taxi driver doing local runs. Then he has an excuse to be loitering on the streets awaiting fares

What do you think about the 2 people walking together on the cctv? Any ideas about them? Do you think they have been for a night out and are on their way home or something different and if they are just walking home why do you think they have not identified themselves to police?

I'm not sure. Once you get to Clough Road, it's still a fair distance to anywhere residential. If they've been for a night out in the Beverley Road area, at the Haworth Arms for example, it doesn't make sense to use Oak Road as a route.

I suspect that the've either come from Beresford Avenue, perhaps having been at a house in the area, and eventually turned left at the end of Oak Road and headed towards Ferry Lane and East Hull, or they've walked the entire length of Oak Road from it's northern extent at Riversdale Road/Endike Lane.

Maybe Pr got away with going out at night by telling his wife he was earning extra money for the family working as a taxi driver. Maybe he told her it was his second job along with being a butcher

Could well be the case. Or no questions were ever asked. We'll probably never know those details.

Apparently this guy possibly worked 12 hour shifts? In a place that would add at least 2 hours of commuting on top and then had to give time to 2 very young kids and wife. Also goes to the gym and possibly does "taxiing" on the side. Must have insomnia too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member