Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brainstorming about what might have happened. It's possible someone she knew, maybe not well but wasn't a stranger, came to the house and told her something happened to the aunt and she had to leave with them. Just trying to make sense of why she would've left with someone. My random thoughts and opinions

Collinsville??? And it’s ment to be a place where everyone knows each other ??? I think you should look at these arrests !
I posted the same thing yesterday. One arrested lives in Collinsville and says hold for agency. Someone commented and be said That’s where they were looking for her.

The multiple Instagram accounts are not that alarming to me. My 16 yr old has several instagram and facebook accounts, she forgets the passwords and just makes a new one.

Mount Vernon is a town in Mobile county,Alabama, United States
DeKalb County Alabama. the population was 71,109, northeast corner with Georgia, hwy 822 branches off hwy 176 then reconnects @ junction 176 and 83 is also the location of Mount Vernon in dekalb county last seen @ 6pm day before,not the one located in mobile county 8 hrs away
<modsnipped unrelated information>

in most of these cases it is some one close, family member or friend
i donot believe she was bullied, she looks to be one of the popular kids
nor do i think she harmed her self
<modsnipped information from unapproved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I can kind of understand not disclosing where the body was found, but not telling the public to stay vigilant or making the community aware that someone they believe is responsible for the crime is being investigated is just good communication and in no way jeopardizes the investigation.

Many a case we follow here LE doesn't warn the public. Sometimes it is due to having someone on their radar. Sometimes person is already in custody on another charge. Sometimes it is neither. It's early in.

As far as how law enforcement handled this, I was surprised it took all day yesterday to tell the public she was found around 6:30am.
I'm sure there were reasons, there was forensics etc to be done where she was located. And they'd already made it clear the search was suspended.
We don't know where the crime scene was. Maybe she was, sadly, dumped there.
I believe that LE is always doing their best. They've got kids too.
How horrible for who/mever found her.
Was there a tip? Was it the result of the initial search?
I will wait for the answers that will come out.
There's always rumors. Sometimes they are very correct but as we all know, not always.
Like in Mollie Tibbets' murder.
No one had a clue.
Waiting for justice for this little girl.
Chi

I think LE knows exactly what they are doing, who is responsible, and that the public is not in danger.

Of course I thought that in the first few days of the Delphi murders, too.

But this time....I think they actually do know.

The multiple Instagram accounts are not that alarming to me. My 16 yr old has several instagram and facebook accounts, she forgets the passwords and just makes a new one.
I don’t mean to speak for OP and respectfully, but I think the point was that it’s unusual for an eleven-year-old to have a SM account(s) JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong