GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What are you doing with Mommy"

My God. I keep backspacing. I have no words. Unbearable. Disgusting, vile monster.

I wonder if he will say he planned to kill all 3 or if he'll say he decided to kill the girls because poor scared Bella was an accidental witness :(

ETA: She was there through all of it. She watched. She saw her dead mother, then saw him smother Cece? I can't make the horror compute.

My God. I keep backspacing. I have no words. Unbearable. Disgusting, vile monster.

I wonder if he will say he planned to kill all 3 or if he'll say he decided to kill the girls because poor scared Bella was an accidental witness :(

ETA: She was there through all of it. She watched. She saw her dead mother, then saw him smother Cece? I can't make the horror compute.
Whoa.

I agree...no words.

I honestly thought the girls went first.....why in the world would I give him the decency of sparing any of them the knowledge of the deaths of others?!

Man...tough to know this.

I wonder why he is sharing this info? It adds more pain to everyone, imo. To ease his own pain and the hell with the pain of anyone else??

jmo

And to think he was able to eat pizza, sleep , smile and carry on like it was just another day. -shiver-
I would say I hope he is tortured every time he closes his eyes ..but he is not human.

I know! He joked around with his work mates and seemed perfectly normal. And he stood there on his front porch giving interviews with no signs of distress or trauma. None!! It’s truly unbelievable.

So Shanann was strangled, then Bella woke up and saw Chris wrapping her mom in the sheet and asked what he was doing. That poor girl. I hope all the people who have blamed SW for the murders feel horrible.

He originally said Bella woke twice asking for her mom. A liar will always add partial truth into the story.

I'm glad he told the truth for whatever reason because at least Shanann's family will know exactly what happened that night. I doubt the truth can be any worse than what they've imagined in their nightmares, not knowing.

I don't understand how he could look like that on the porch. How he could act normal. Why wasn't he grey and ashen and puffy eyed and sobbing and nauseous over what he had done? Only true evil could override a body's natural reaction to that kind of horror.

I know! He joked around with his work mates and seemed perfectly normal. And he stood there on his front porch giving interviews with no signs of distress or trauma. None!! It’s truly unbelievable.
Chatted, face timed, and texted with NK for 3 hours Monday night not even 24 hours after he murdered his kids and their Mom. While lying there in the same house.

He originally said Bella woke twice asking for her mom. A liar will always add partial truth into the story.
Both could be true.

Bella did awaken twice, as she was excited to see her mom.

Then, Bella awoke again during Shanann’s murder.

It’s also entirely possible that this was a lie, and he was just referring to the timeframe around the murders.

Just another thing we will likely learn more about tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, the 7th.

First off, god bless these little babies and Shannan. I'm going to imagine that they are in a love-filled afterlife with nothing but flowers and sunshine and cuddles.

Second...I have to admit, CW puzzles me. On one hand, his actions were those of a completely sociopathic monster. On the other, he didn't quite behave like some others we have seen - first, he was a terrible liar, second, he caved really quickly, asked for his daddy, etc... and now this. He must be some weird breed of narcissist sociopath whose cowardice and need for attention and approval outweigh the arrogant part of his personality. Or, he was so insanely sex-crazed love-crazed whatever that his affair with NK turned him into a monster, and now that the love spell is wearing off, he's returning to his more true personality...temporary insanity, but obviously not the legal kind? He's twisted, no doubt, and he and his family clearly suffer from all sorts of personality disorders and make me want to puke, I'm just trying to figure out what flora or fauna he is in the spectrum of many of the heinous killers we've seen here on and off Websleuths.

And I totally assumed his parents would be on Dr. Phil, thank GOD it's Shannan's, I could not take any more of their denial and defense and probably victim blaming.

I haven't seen it mentioned but...I wonder though, if this come to Jesus, confess all, etc...is it some possible pre-suicide thing? I agree with those that he wants someone to listen with a sympathetic ear, and for whatever reason, those people are LE and agents who he bonded with during the initial investigation. It happens.

Interesting thoughts. Most family annihilators kill themselves so you could be very right.

I think it was @stereopticons who enlightened us about psych diagnosis classifications. It kind of blew my mind. She/he talked about how the diagnoses were created for billing purposes and so most people don't neatly fit into one.

I've found that family annihilators tend to be unique animals. A mix of issues and they vary but most seem to be desperate about appearances and not being seen as a bad guy. Like they can't face something as simple as a divorce because it would make them look bad. Many kill their families to avoid the shame of debt or a lie that's about to be uncovered. Some come from super religious families and feel they can't divorce for freedom or an affair.

It seems clear that CW was desperate to keep his relationship with NK. He was obsessive about it. Earlier I theorized that as the possible child of and enmeshed family and maybe narcissistic mother, he was unable to have his own feelings or a separate identity. He was always described as bland and kind of featureless, frankly. Withdrawn. Not social. Didn't seem to have one close, true friend.

How can you if you've been raised to meet your family's needs and have never had your own needs met or even recognized?

It seems he did break free when he got with Shanann (really his only girlfriend by that time, that I can uncover) but that caused a lot of discord and flailing and tantrums on the part of his family - mother and sister purposefully not inviting any of Shanann's friends to her bridal shower, and not showing up to the wedding, his daddy falling apart when CW married, developing apparent drug/alcohol issues, the on-going hatred of SW by his family of origin and refusal to respect her boundaries.

And ultimately, things likely got stale in his marriage as the reality of the drudgery and monotony of family life set in. Let's face it, after years of marriage it is not typically that exciting. And the routine of child care, errands and work can be deadening for many to some degree.

Further, CW was playing a role. Oh I think he was hot for SW at first but as married life went on, he might have begun to develop a resentment about being trapped in a role that was never that real for him. Because in my opinion, the reason he was such a quiet guy, a good kid, no problems, no real friends, is because he never developed a real identity. That's not allowed in enmeshed families with narcissistic parents which is what I suspect.

So now there's no more excitement and he's living someone else'e life - he doesn't know who he is so this isn't really his life. And there might be a simmering rage building up about that.

NK comes along. I think this isn't a guy who feels real love - I think you need to have an actual identity for that - but he can experience obsession and sexual thrill. Which must be pretty powerful for a guy who likely just goes through the motions and doesn't feel much of anything, ever. He became infatuated. But he was trapped. Because as much as his family disliked his wife, he likely felt a narcissistic panic at the thought of unveiling his true, base desires and leaving a pregnant wife and two kids for an affair.

Worse, he lied to NK. She thought he was at the end of a divorce, instead of not even separated. And his wife was almost four months pregnant. So he began an affair either just before he got her pregnant or soon after, which NK did not know.

And it's clear despite her revolting crooning in her police interview, that she indeed was upset that he had kids. As she told her friend, she wanted a man to start a family with, not a second family. She didn't want that baggage. Hearing that horrible woman talk, I have no doubt she made her feelings very clear, to CW.

He was going to lose her. He had to get rid of his family.

But he may not be a pure psychopath or sociopath. Maybe he's just a disturbed person with narcissistic tendencies, incapable of true love because he doesn't actually fully exist. And when he felt something, that feeling was so novel and so exciting he was willing to kill his whole family for it.

I think you have to exist to feel real love. But if a shadow person like him has been programmed to be a good boy and meet other's needs, perhaps he has an overwhelming need to get praise again from the investigators who rubbed his back and told him he was doing good, and that this was the Chris they knew was in there and that they wanted to see, when he finally started telling some truths.

The whole thing is so bizarre. He is so bizarre. I feel like he was so twisted into just this featureless good boy, growing up, that he craves pleasing others. It's so weird how he acted like a toddler in the interrogation. So easily cracked. And now he's talking again.

It is rather fascinating.

I just can't wrap my mind around how CW was able to kill Bella when she was begging for her life....what kind of sick monster is able to do that? I can't imagine the horror she must have felt knowing her own daddy was taking her life. She must have been horrified and confused at the same time. I hope she didn't die thinking that she did something wrong to deserve what her daddy was doing to her. I know one thing for sure....if there is a HELL then CW will certainly become a member of HELL when his useless soul leaves this earth. May he burn in eternal HELL. I wonder why always the worst of the worst criminals who are caught and go to prison always seem to find God while in prison???? Why didn't they find God before committing a crime?

Whoa.

I agree...no words.

I honestly thought the girls went first.....why in the world would I give him the decency of sparing any of them the knowledge of the deaths of others?!

Man...tough to know this.

I wonder why he is sharing this info? It adds more pain to everyone, imo. To ease his own pain and the hell with the pain of anyone else??

jmo

I also wonder why he is sharing this information. He's such a selfish and cruel man, I cannot imagine it would be to help anyone. Maybe those who say he's looking for some kind redemption are right. IDK.

IMO, if a person is looking redemption, I'm pretty sure they have would to have a conscience and feel remorse.

Those porch interviews and the way he sat there in his interrogation looking at pictures of Bella and Celeste - there was nothing there that resembled conscience or remorse.

I just had a thought. I wonder if CW got NK pregnant and in his twisted mind he needed to get rid of his existing family to be able to have a new life with NK and new baby?

Both could be true.

Bella did awaken twice, as she was excited to see her mom.

Then, Bella awoke again during Shanann’s murder.

It’s also entirely possible that this was a lie, and he was just referring to the timeframe around the murders.

Just another thing we will likely learn more about tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, the 7th.
IIRC, Bella was a super light sleeper, right? That detail did stand out to some of your astute WSers, if I recall correctly.

jmo

In those porch interviews he couldn’t contain his excitement with smiles, a laugh and the sucking on his lips so IMO he again would be excited to have this attention let alone be on the Dr Phil show.
Mongrel.

Interesting thoughts. Most family annihilators kill themselves so you could be very right.

I think it was @stereopticons who enlightened us about psych diagnosis classifications. It kind of blew my mind. She/he talked about how the diagnoses were created for billing purposes and so most people don't neatly fit into one.

I've found that family annihilators tend to be unique animals. A mix of issues and they vary but most seem to be desperate about appearances and not being seen as a bad guy. Like they can't face something as simple as a divorce because it would make them look bad. Many kill their families to avoid the shame of debt or a lie that's about to be uncovered. Some come from super religious families and feel they can't divorce for freedom or an affair.

It seems clear that CW was desperate to keep his relationship with NK. He was obsessive about it. Earlier I theorized that as the possible child of and enmeshed family and maybe narcissistic mother, he was unable to have his own feelings or a separate identity. He was always described as bland and kind of featureless, frankly. Withdrawn. Not social. Didn't seem to have one close, true friend.

How can you if you've been raised to meet your family's needs and have never had your own needs met or even recognized?

It seems he did break free when he got with Shanann (really his only girlfriend by that time, that I can uncover) but that caused a lot of discord and flailing and tantrums on the part of his family - mother and sister purposefully not inviting any of Shanann's friends to her bridal shower, and not showing up to the wedding, his daddy falling apart when CW married, developing apparent drug/alcohol issues, the on-going hatred of SW by his family of origin and refusal to respect her boundaries.

And ultimately, things likely got stale in his marriage as the reality of the drudgery and monotony of family life set in. Let's face it, after years of marriage it is not typically that exciting. And the routine of child care, errands and work can be deadening for many to some degree.

Further, CW was playing a role. Oh I think he was hot for SW at first but as married life went on, he might have begun to develop a resentment about being trapped in a role that was never that real for him. Because in my opinion, the reason he was such a quiet guy, a good kid, no problems, no real friends, is because he never developed a real identity. That's not allowed in enmeshed families with narcissistic parents which is what I suspect.

So now there's no more excitement and he's living someone else'e life - he doesn't know who he is so this isn't really his life. And there might be a simmering rage building up about that.

NK comes along. I think this isn't a guy who feels real love - I think you need to have an actual identity for that - but he can experience obsession and sexual thrill. Which must be pretty powerful for a guy who likely just goes through the motions and doesn't feel much of anything, ever. He became infatuated. But he was trapped. Because as much as his family disliked his wife, he likely felt a narcissistic panic at the thought of unveiling his true, base desires and leaving a pregnant wife and two kids for an affair.

Worse, he lied to NK. She thought he was at the end of a divorce, instead of not even separated. And his wife was almost four months pregnant. So he began an affair either just before he got her pregnant or soon after, which NK did not know.

And it's clear despite her revolting crooning in her police interview, that she indeed was upset that he had kids. As she told her friend, she wanted a man to start a family with, not a second family. She didn't want that baggage. Hearing that horrible woman talk, I have no doubt she made her feelings very clear, to CW.

He was going to lose her. He had to get rid of his family.

But he may not be a pure psychopath or sociopath. Maybe he's just a disturbed person with narcissistic tendencies, incapable of true love because he doesn't actually fully exist. And when he felt something, that feeling was so novel and so exciting he was willing to kill his whole family for it.

I think you have to exist to feel real love. But if a shadow person like him has been programmed to be a good boy and meet other's needs, perhaps he has an overwhelming need to get praise again from the investigators who rubbed his back and told him he was doing good, and that this was the Chris they knew was in there and that they wanted to see, when he finally started telling some truths.

The whole thing is so bizarre. He is so bizarre. I feel like he was so twisted into just this featureless good boy, growing up, that he craves pleasing others. It's so weird how he acted like a toddler in the interrogation. So easily cracked. And now he's talking again.

It is rather fascinating.
BBM
I agree with 99% of what you're saying here. The one thing that still puzzles me, though, is I think he did tell his family about the affair when he was visiting. And, I believe that NK actually talked with his family after the murders. I'm trying to find it in the discovery, but it's difficult to find right now. It seemed (at the time I read it) as though they would've been supportive of him leaving SW and taking up with NK.

BBM
I agree with 99% of what you're saying here. The one thing that still puzzles me, though, is I think he did tell his family about the affair when he was visiting. And, I believe that NK actually talked with his family after the murders. I'm trying to find it in the discovery, but it's difficult to find right now. It seemed (at the time I read it) as though they would've been supportive of him leaving SW and taking up with NK.
Ahem. IIRC back in August or early September a member of the family said that she knew about CW's affair with NK "from the beginning". Before backtracking to say she meant she found out when everyone else did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998