Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously it was the person who was supposedly working on roof? That reported the car??

And they were related by marriage... I know I never get motive but I am really struggling again with this one.. Other than an SA crime but was that mentioned as charges were capital murder weren't they?
Yes, the reported BIL of aunt.
COD strangulation. Capital murder

what i'm say is if the child was last seen at 6pm and the LE receives call at 7 pm
the time between last seen and aunt trip to store and notification of LE
1hr
break down:
6pm aunt leaves for store
let say the least amount of time, lets also say she just went to the store at the end of the road, lets say 1/4 mile
time 10 min maybe
so that puts us at 6:15 lets say
looks for child by calling cell phone, found cell phone
time now 6:25pm
calls mom, frantic, lets say call last 10 min
it is now 6:40pm
yes i am adjusting time for breathing room
this leaves 15 min unaccounted for
this could be due to not knowing the exact times, it kinda fits
but the LE diffidently know what time the call was place and list it as 7PM
Do we know for certain the aunt left at 6 or if that is when CM told LE he last saw her (AB)This is a rural area, so how far away was store?

Seriously it was the person who was supposedly working on roof? That reported the car??

And they were related by marriage... I know I never get motive but I am really struggling again with this one.. Other than an SA crime but was that mentioned as charges were capital murder weren't they?
imo it was of course SA being the motive. Murder was to try to cover his disgusting act.

This is the person arrested Saturday with the "on hold" status I believe. IMO.

I also believe
- motive was SA
- no real planning, took advantage of no adult supervision
- she likely felt somewhat comfortable with him to let him in
- the green suv was a lie
- police knew most of this very early on hence no alert to watch for vehicle, no warning about being vigilant

So very sad beyond words. Very sorry that no one could protect Amberley from this sicko hiding amongst her trusted circle.

MOO
And now for LE to explore any other incidents of SA in and around this family/area.....this isn't his first rodeo if he was that bold. Ugh. MOO

EBM

I’m so relieved that her COD was not the COD someone posted on SM. At the end of the day, this is so tragic... but atleast it wasn’t that.
Do we know that though, that there wasn’t SA? COD is strangulation but that doesn’t mean SA didn’t occur. I don’t need/want to know details but isn’t it possible that LE isn’t releasing all details?

This is the person arrested Saturday with the "on hold" status I believe. IMO.

I also believe
- motive was SA
- no real planning, took advantage of no adult supervision
- she likely felt somewhat comfortable with him to let him in
- the green suv was a lie
- police knew most of this very early on hence no alert to watch for vehicle, no warning about being vigilant

So very sad beyond words. Very sorry that no one could protect Amberley from this sicko hiding amongst her trusted circle.

MOO

I agree! It was a crime of opportunity. He wasn’t completely unknown to her. Lack of planning on his part=swift apprehension. MOO

Last edited:
There are a couple of recent arrest listed for Dekalb county that are interesting.

Soul Magnet pointed out the jail roster yesterday, and this perp was there. IIRC, no specific charges at that point, and think it said "held for agency."

LE never commented on him, I got confused with the other guy. Thanks for the correction!

Do we know that though, that there wasn’t SA? COD is strangulation but that doesn’t mean SA didn’t occur. I don’t need/want to know details but isn’t it possible that LE isn’t releasing all details?

Yes, charges can be added later. Perhaps they want to DNA test bodily fluids to make sure they match his.

just as i suspected from my research, was arrested for CS the day they found her and not bailed out, he could of been running a meth lab
she could have walked up on him, this would fit a 10-15 min timeline
good job LE
my condolences and prayers to the family
it raining here and i have always been told it is the angels crying

Soul Magnet pointed out the jail roster yesterday, and this perp was there. IIRC, no specific charges and think it said "held for agency."

LE never commented on him, I got confused with the other guy. Thanks for the correction!
They have had him since Saturday night according to the jail link posted upthread. I'm guessing they used the circle of influence around her which led to him JMO

Oh Jmo that there was SA and this was a sexually motivated crime. Edit test for TOS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member