Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Browsing thread titles, has an arrest been made? I'll have to read backwards.

OMG, the monster was living on the aunt's property? This isn't the Aunts brother-in-law is it?

Last edited:
This (phones/electronics/etc) doesn’t apply to Amberly’s case. Many have their opinions on children using the internet but unless you are raising kids of this current generation you wouldn’t know what is typical, and shouldn’t place judgement. So many comments about her posts with makeup etc, IMO Amberly nor her mother posted anything inappropriate as far as I’ve seen. Just feel they should be defended. Amberly is strikingly beautiful and that is not her fault.
Very true. My children and grandchildren can be seen with makeup and in bikinis and with pursed lips. We (there are several of us) aren’t trying to say that we, as adults, shouldn’t watch over our children and be careful around others. You never know who that predator might be ... he doesn’t always look like an obvious monster!
We aren’t trying to victim blame or blame the family either. It’s a fact that there are predators out there and they might live next door!
However, we should be careful and responsible with our children based on the fact - predators are lurking, but we can’t live our lives in fear, either.
The type of predator that goes after girls this age isn’t looking at their makeup or their figure (body shape) ... he’s looking at their innocence and naivety - not physical attributes or physical dressing. IMO.
The sister has been with this man since 2013! Six years and no one suspected or thought he was someone to avoid? How do you protect a child when it’s someone they know and someone they’ve been taught to call UNCLE? Someone who has a daughter?
Whatever else might be said ... this is the fault of adults - not just the predator. It was their responsibility to protect her and by saying it couldn’t be avoided we are disregarding the responsibility that all adults should have towards children in their care.
If we all think, there’s nothing we can do, nothing we could have done ... then we will continue to see this happen. We have to be more responsible, there are too many predators out there. MOO.

Marking my spot.
Hoping for harsh justice.
Curious if there will be any more arrests ?
As in, if the perp had friend(s) over that day. I also do not think he was fixing anyone's roof ; so --besides murdering a child --was he walking around the aunts' house and stalking them ?
And if he was under the influence, that's no excuse.

Well, I think they were neighbors. I think he was just out doing work on the house he lived in.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/

In 2018, his girlfriend accused Madison of assaulting her and threatening to continue to assault her, court documents obtained by Heavy show. She wrote in the application for a protective order that Madison, “threatened to slit her throat.” She also said Madison “punched her” in the face and all over body, “smacked” her head into the floor, dragged her by her hair. She said Madison had “done everything but kill me.” She said Madison, hit her in the head with a hammer, “tried shoving a pencil” in her ear and strangled her “to the point of passing out.” She wrote, “he has done so much and threatened to do more.”

Why would she take him back after all this? They have two young daughters who were put at risk along with Amberly and the aunt’s children. None of the kids should have been left unsupervised around him after these events occurred. This had nothing to do with social media or kids wearing makeup. <modsnip nothing to back this statement up>, with uncontrollable rage, and very violent.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/

In 2018, his girlfriend accused Madison of assaulting her and threatening to continue to assault her, court documents obtained by Heavy show. She wrote in the application for a protective order that Madison, “threatened to slit her throat.” She also said Madison “punched her” in the face and all over body, “smacked” her head into the floor, dragged her by her hair. She said Madison had “done everything but kill me.” She said Madison, hit her in the head with a hammer, “tried shoving a pencil” in her ear and strangled her “to the point of passing out.” She wrote, “he has done so much and threatened to do more.”

Why would she take him back after all this? They have two young daughters who were put at risk along with Amberly and the aunt’s children. None of the kids should have been left unsupervised around him after these events occurred. This had nothing to do with social media or kids wearing makeup. He is a drug user with uncontrollable rage and very violent.
Surprisingly most do, again and again.

Well, I think they were neighbors. I think he was just out doing work on the house he lived in.

Correct or at least that was CM's story, CM was outside working on his mobile home/trailer and he said he saw a suspicious vehicle leaving their shared drive......

There was no suspicious vehicle....Just BS told by CM to the Aunt/LE

ETA: The confusion Came because in early reports AB mom had said that her sister (AB's Aunt) had told her that she had run to the store and her BIL was next door working on the home. It was actually his own residance he was supposedly working on. Both Trailers/Homes are on the same parcel of land and share a driveway.

I think its probable that CM waited for the Aunt to leave and then abducted and killed AB. MOO

It's possible other adults knew Madison was troubled, and had the past with his fiancee, but didn't realize he was capable of harming a child. They might have rationalized it as relationship "drama", and might not have known all of the details.

Also, if I've understood correctly, there are a lot of children living in a mobile home. Adults are probably worried about keeping a roof over everyone's head, and that could be motivation to overlook /ignore some red flags, especially if it was a short-term situstion.

It's possible other adults knew Madison was troubled, and had the past with his fiancee, but didn't realize he was capable of harming a child. They might have rationalized it as relationship "drama", and might not have known all of the details.

Also, if I've understood correctly, there are a lot of children living in a mobile home. Adults are probably worried about keeping a roof over everyone's head, and that could be motivation to overlook /ignore some red flags, especially if it was a short-term situstion.
I'm sorry, hard pass!

Why would she take him back after all this? They have two young daughters who were put at risk along with Amberly and the aunt’s children. None of the kids should have been left unsupervised around him after these events occurred. This had nothing to do with social media or kids wearing makeup. He is a drug user, with uncontrollable rage, and very violent.
Emph. mine

^^^ Exactly.

It'd be better to flee to a women's shelter.
Esp. after being hit with a hammer to the head... sounds like attempted murder.

Hopefully his girlfriend will testify against him for AB's sake at the trial.
This monster needs to be put away.

Since the POI was arrested so quickly, will we see a quick trial? I’m a semi recent joiner to WS and seem to always pop into threads where the POI has already been in custody for a while.
Custody has only been days. It's pretty rare today we see a quick trial. Since they are charging him with Capital Murder he may plead to save his disgusting azz.

Totally agree! I saw one pic of her dolled up for a dance or something. Big deal! She wasn't wearing revealing clothing and she looked beautiful. I'm glad her family has that pic of her looking so darling. She was a gorgeous child and if her mom captured pics of her looking so, good for her.

There were/are other photos.

I am wondering who knew what? How many adults knew of the horrific abuse he had already done?

Totally agree! I saw one pic of her dolled up for a dance or something. Big deal! She wasn't wearing revealing clothing and she looked beautiful. I'm glad her family has that pic of her looking so darling. She was a gorgeous child and if her mom captured pics of her looking so, good for her.

I agree, I fail to see the relevance about an 11yr old in makeup etc has any relevance to what happened to her. This sicko Did this and he alone is responsible for what happened to her.

Websleuths is not the place to have a disccusion about how one should or should not raise their children. Nothing good can come of it and it will only lead to a locked thread IMO

I am always haunted by the quote from Hannibal Lecter in "Silence Of The Lambs" as he was guiding Clarice to Buffalo Bill. He asks Clarice how we learn to covet and his answer is "We begin by coveting what we see everyday."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back