GUILTY CA - Boy, hours old, drowned and buried in yard by grandparents & nephew, Bakersfield, 12 Nov 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A grandmother allegedly drowned her hours-old grandson and buried him in the backyard of a California home to "prevent family shame."

Beant Kaur Dhillon, 43, has plead not guilty to all charges. Beant Kaur Dhillon is scheduled to be back in court on March 13.

On November 12, 2018, Beant Kaur Dhillon allegedly found her 15-year-old daughter had given birth to a baby boy in the bathroom of their family home, located in Southwest Bakersfield. Dhillon allegedly admitted to police that she then drowned the baby to "prevent family shame."

Hours later, Dhillon and her nephew, 23-year-old Bakhshinderpal Singh Mann, allegedly worked together to dig a hole in the backyard of the home. Mann and Dhillon then allegedly placed the baby into the hole, placed salt in the hole, and buried the baby.

47-year-old Jagsir Singh, the father of the 15-year-old, was allegedly summoned back to the residence after his wife had allegedly killed the baby and placed him in a garbage bag. Singh allegedly allowed the baby to be buried in the yard in order to hide its existence and the pregnancy. Singh allegedly made no attempt to inform police of the birth or death and allegedly did not seek medical treatment for his daughter.

Dhillon was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, felony assault of a child with force likely to cause great bodily injury, resulting in death, and felony child abuse.

Singh was arrested and charged with felony accessory to murder and felony child abuse.

Court docs: Grandmother allegedly drowned hours-old grandson to 'prevent family shame'

43-year-old Beant Kaur Dhillon has plead not guilty to all charges and is scheduled to be back in court on March 13.

Her nephew, 23-year-old Bakhshinderpal Singh Mann, is wanted by BPD for his involvement in the murder. BPD says Mann has an outstanding arrest warrant for conspiracy and acting as an accessory to a felony after the fact. Mann has been charged with felony accessory to murder. Court documents also say that Mann has removed a U.S. government applied GPS device and as of now has yet to be contacted.

47-year-old Jagsir Singh , the father of the 15-year-old, posted bail and was released Wednesday, February 27.

Court docs: Woman drowned, buried newborn grandson in backyard to prevent 'family shame'

This just makes me sick. I have a 15 year old daughter. I also have what I would consider to be on the conservative (not politically) side of moral views in terms of dating/sex. My first instinct upon finding her in the bathroom having just given birth from a hidden pregnancy would be to gather her into my arms and comfort her (after making sure both she and baby were safe/healthy, and calling 911). I would then exclaim over the beautiful baby and welcome him/her lovingly into the family. And THEN I would deal with my own personal feelings about the matter and whatever emotional fallout/counseling/etc needed to happen.

I just can't imagine doing anything otherwise.

That poor girl. Makes me wonder about the "rest of the story".

This just makes me sick. I have a 15 year old daughter. I also have what I would consider to be on the conservative (not politically) side of moral views in terms of dating/sex. My first instinct upon finding her in the bathroom having just given birth from a hidden pregnancy would be to gather her into my arms and comfort her (after making sure both she and baby were safe/healthy, and calling 911). I would then exclaim over the beautiful baby and welcome him/her lovingly into the family. And THEN I would deal with my own personal feelings about the matter and whatever emotional fallout/counseling/etc needed to happen.

I just can't imagine doing anything otherwise.

That poor girl. Makes me wonder about the "rest of the story".

Both your instinctual reaction to such a discovery and your curiosity about the "rest of the story" are on target. I'm assuming by the names of all three suspects that there is a large cultural component to the story, but I'm sure they knew infanticide was both morally and legally wrong. I feel so bad for that poor girl. I hope testing was able to be done on the baby's body to determine paternity. I would not be surprised if incest might have been involved. I wonder if the nephew's disappearance was due to more involvement in the story than "just" conspiracy and accessory after the fact. He's probably in Punjab by now. MOO.

A trial for a woman accused of drowning her daughter’s newborn has been pushed back to late October because her attorney is in trial on another case.

A Superior Court judge on Tuesday set a new trial date of Oct. 27 for Beant Dhillon, who has been held without bail since her arrest on a charge of first-degree murder in February of last year.

Trial date pushed back for woman charged with killing daughter’s newborn | KGET 17

Oh my!

"........The baby was buried in the backyard by Dhillon and 23-year-old Bakhshinderpal Singh Mann, her nephew, according to police testimony and court documents. Dhillon and her husband, Jagsir Singh, lied to their daughter and told her the baby had been put up for adoption, documents said.

Months later, the daughter told police her father had threatened to kill her, and authorities found the baby buried in the family’s backyard on Shining Crag Avenue in southwest Bakersfield. Dhillon and Singh were arrested.

Singh, 48, hanged himself after posting bond and being released from custody on charges of accessory to murder and willful cruelty to a child. Mann remains at large......."

Trial date pushed back for woman charged with killing daughter’s newborn | KGET 17

Oh my!

"........The baby was buried in the backyard by Dhillon and 23-year-old Bakhshinderpal Singh Mann, her nephew, according to police testimony and court documents. Dhillon and her husband, Jagsir Singh, lied to their daughter and told her the baby had been put up for adoption, documents said.

Months later, the daughter told police her father had threatened to kill her, and authorities found the baby buried in the family’s backyard on Shining Crag Avenue in southwest Bakersfield. Dhillon and Singh were arrested.

Singh, 48, hanged himself after posting bond and being released from custody on charges of accessory to murder and willful cruelty to a child. Mann remains at large......."

seriously.. what a tragedy.... that poor baby. and then the father commits suicide.... wow.

Beant Dhillon faces life in prison if convicted of her charges, which are murder, assault of a child leading to death and willful cruelty to a child. Investigators say that in 2018, Dhillon’s teen daughter gave birth in their bathroom and that afterward, Dhillon allegedly drowned the baby in a bathtub to avoid the shame she thought it would cause to the family.
The trial starts at 9 a.m. in Kern County Superior Court, with opening statements set for to begin at 10 a.m.
Trial begins today for woman charged with killing daughter’s newborn | KGET 17

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back