Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Bringing this from closed thread.
"I agree, unfortunately. It is not victim blaming to point out trends and facts. My parents met over homicides, their careers, one a detective, the other a homocide reporter....unfortunately a lot of sexual predators do take extra notice, or are aroused by, young girls in precocious outfits or makeup. Not the victims' fault in the slightest. But is it a fact, yes it is."
Thank you.
Again ... it’s not about makeup and clothes in the majority of cases.
“Child molesters have repeatedly admitted: When there's a physically or emotionally absent parent in the picture, it makes the child more vulnerable to grooming and abuse.”
A Profile of the Child Molester and Grooming Techniques | Child Lures® Prevention
Of course, we don’t even know for certain YET that she was sexually assaulted - so this may not apply in this case.

I am always haunted by the quote from Hannibal Lecter in "Silence Of The Lambs" as he was guiding Clarice to Buffalo Bill. He asks Clarice how we learn to covet and his answer is "We begin by coveting what we see everyday."
:(And she was one of the most innocent lambs ... my stomach still hurts from thinking of her in the hands of the real life monster who lived next door. It’s heartbreaking ... truly tragic.
In the Netflix Show “The 100” - those who commit a criminal act are cut/stabbed with a knife by everyone in the tribe ... I could do this to CM. :mad:

“Madison was arrested on March 2, 2019, on possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia charges, shortly after Amberly’s body was found. Court records show that Madison was accused of meth possession in the case that led to his arrest. Authorities also said he had a syringe used for methamphetamine.”

—Another case where the perp had ties to meth.

This was the Bella Cannella vibe I got earlier that I mentioned in thread 1. These cases have turned out to be quite similar.

Source link for reference re: Bella:
Police: Man who killed Bullhead City girl had been high on meth

i dont know why being local makes a.terrible case even more heartbreaking, but somehow it does
Never doubt this beautiful innocent child is in our hearts, as well. We get to know her as we research and she becomes part of us IMO...in other words it’s because you got involved that you feel this way ... and it’s that kind of involvement that I hope one day will help change attitudes and laws about child molesters and child killers. I even hope that someone contemplating doing something so evil might be stopped or changed by what is written in these threads.

“Madison was arrested on March 2, 2019, on possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia charges, shortly after Amberly’s body was found. Court records show that Madison was accused of meth possession in the case that led to his arrest. Authorities also said he had a syringe used for methamphetamine.”

—Another case where the perp had ties to meth.

This was the Bella Cannella vibe I got earlier that I mentioned in thread 1. These cases have turned out to be quite similar.

Source link for reference re: Bella:
Police: Man who killed Bullhead City girl had been high on meth
Meth, like alcohol and other drugs is an EXCUSE to do what was already in their mind ... it gives them the excuse/reason to ignore that still small voice that tells them “NO.” Meth - just like guns - can’t kill unless a person uses it to commit the crime. MOO.

He was arrested for meth possession though, right? Couldn't use of that drug alone explain a violent attack?
I mean, we're all talking about child rapists and various terrible things he may well be, but couldn't be also have just been strung out of his mind? I'm thinking of other violent crimes committed by people on various substances. I'm not an expert on meth by any means, so just asking if this is possible?
From my research - I would say ANY narcotic drug has the possibility to bring out violence in someone. I have seen and read about alcoholics who turn violent on alcohol but I’ve also witnessed drug free individuals become violent and do evil things.
Someone said it’s hard wired. It’s usually taught or learned behavior IMO but I think it can also be “in the genes” just like diseases and something triggers it.
I disagree that it can never be controlled - that’s its incurable in everyone - there are those I believe that can and do overcome it - just like cancer. JMO, however.

“Child molesters have repeatedly admitted: When there's a physically or emotionally absent parent in the picture, it makes the child more vulnerable to grooming and abuse.”
A Profile of the Child Molester and Grooming Techniques | Child Lures® Prevention
Of course, we don’t even know for certain YET that she was sexually assaulted - so this may not apply in this case.
Good point: Opportunity. And wrenchingly sad, if a child has been abused before, they are more apt to be targeted, due to appearing fragile or lost. The Kansas City detective said predators are hunters...culling the weakest from the herd when opportunity presents itself. So some of this is apples and oranges. Opportunity vs human right to dress as one see's fit....two different subjects. ( just like priests don't molest youth because they are straight men who are celibate, the bad priests molest youth because they are child molesters.) it can get a little confusing....a child wearing makeup and precocious clothing will catch the eye of a criminal child molester, ( which isn't the child's fault)not the eye of a healthy adult male. Etc etc etc....so in another case, if a sexual predator wants a young female woman, he would probably seek a vulnerable one...alone...drunk even better....late at night possibly when there are no witnesses. Does this make her guilty? No, different subject. ( human rights)! Does it supply opportunity? Yes. Motivation, means and opportunity, three parts of crime. Now, say the predator sees two women trot out drunk from the bar he is hunting. The afore mentioned youthess, and me...a fat, grey haired sweat suit wearing woman. If he is a sexual predator with a *advertiser censored* addiction, the young, makeup wearing, provactively dressed girl, would be his choice. Is all of this pretty disgusting and unfair, obviously yes, and heart breakingly sad. But I worry about telling girls go forth , never worry, pay no mind ...it doesn't hurt to be aware of criminal set ups, and try to avoid them.

Last edited:
Sexualizing/fetishizing children in clothing, animation, advertising, online, etc is at minimum disturbing. Leaving children unsupervised; without a responsible adult present is at minimum disturbing. Yet we know a variety of crimes against children occur in the absence of “provocative” triggers and even occur in the presence of responsible supervising adults (recall the USAA gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar’s serial predations).

What we know from the news and from history is that neither burkas, desexualized vegetative status, or advanced geriatric standing will immunize a human from horrific acts of physical, sexual, and other forms of torture, abuse, or destruction. It’s not even a prerequisite that the victim be alive or be, or have been, a human.

It’s natural to want to find some lesson in this — something a person or the person’s neighbors, village, guardians, or the state should have done or not done to lessen themselves or their loved ones being the target of perps. There is a spectrum of things one may try — but ultimately the sad reality is that no one can guarantee another’s safety in this world — no matter how much this is what we would want.

The Gift of Fear is my go to book — it’s the best I can do to keep my mind aligned with the reality of the brutality and evil that exists in our world. It comes in as many forms as the goodness and light.

That Amberly’s light got snuffed out is a crime beyond justice. The only true justice to be had would rewind this tape, would be to turn back time for every victim and every survivor, to have made her and his and their horror never to have happened.

Rest In Peace, Sweet Girl. Not a soul in the world believes you or your family deserves this, or blames you. Nothing you did or didn’t do caused this or tempted fate. You were 11. You deserved and well wore all the beauty you radiated. You deserved so much more.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if CM has even confessed??? I’m assuming (which we all know can be dangerous) that the reason we haven’t got more information is because he hasn’t admitted to doing anything.

I don’t believe we have heard weather he has confessed or not. Personally bc of the nature of the crime and the age of the victim, I think we may not get many details before a trial. Also it is a capital murder case, so I bet they will play things pretty close to the vest. All moo

Last edited:

Are you aware of the "dark web"? It's a fact, and one that LE is fighting daily, hoping to pass new laws and button up the underbelly of the net, that pictures of children are pulled off social media daily, and quite a few of those pictures depict kids emulating the latest "star" a la Kardashian, etc.

And you are right, we don't know that she was molested in that manner, and as horrid as her death is, I am hoping she didn't have to suffer that too.

True! But how serial killers or sexual predators if you ask them to please be nice will immediately change course? Girls should never live in terror that an outfit will get them murdered, ever! But we also want to be as wise as a serpent....don't supply amazing opportunity for crime...crime needs a motivation and an opportunity. ..My daughter's lovely. I only asked her to have a buddy if she went out drinking so she didn't go forth alone and disoriented,possibly smashed, at two am, in her disco clothes. Victim shaming is wrong. But of all people, we on this site, should know there are evil predators. Not giving them amazing opportunity is wise, not the same as victim shaming. And I am a "victim". I did the counseling, I get it. But we don't want to be naive about how these people operate, or think if just educate them, all these girls would have been safe. It is not, I repeat, the girls' fault, even one percent.

Exactly.

People shouldn't steal cars, or break into homes, or commit crimes on-line.

But I lock my car doors, the doors to my home and I have safeguards in place on all my technology.

I agree, I fail to see the relevance about an 11yr old in makeup etc has any relevance to what happened to her. This sicko Did this and he alone is responsible for what happened to her.

Websleuths is not the place to have a disccusion about how one should or should not raise their children. Nothing good can come of it and it will only lead to a locked thread IMO

BBM

New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. All members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The following guidelines are strictly adhered to:

* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* We do not link to or discuss the networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. Do not post about comments on those pages.

* We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, do not reply as it will cause a huge clean up for mods. Alert the post so a mod can look at the post.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Only MSM links are approved to be posted. If you have posted a link that has been removed do not re-post the information. Moreover, do not discuss the contents or information within the unapproved link.

*Posts that state "I read somewhere", "I read an article" "my sister told me" "I know it is a rumor and I can't link it but this is what I read_______" will be removed because since no MSM link is being provided it is considered rumor. Rumor is not allowed at Websleuths.

*Keep the discussion victim friendly.

Please click the "like" button to indicate that you have read this post.

Bump

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back