Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note - In the UK you don't need bail money ... bail here doesn't involve money at all.

Thanks. I had forgotten about that and someone earlier in the thread did a good job of explaining the limit on number of days LE can hold someone for questioning.

I can't believe how easy it is to pick locks! It seems like everyone can do it but me. Lost my key, my ex says no problem, pulls out this thin tool, a little wiggle and Bob's yer uncle! My friends son used a paperclip to just pop open the padlock on the gate the other day. ........ so easy!

Scary isn't it when you think you have gone to great lengths to secure your property.

We were locked out and my daughter who was a bit younger then got in the house in under a minute :D.

Straight over wall and through the dog flap.

Our door locks automatically when you close it from the outside without a key...but then you can open it from the inside also without the key.

We were locking ourselves out accidentally so often that we put a code operated key safe outside.

On a very early post on here someone said that Libby’s mum had indicated that she took Diazepam. But when I was young I got in that state of intoxication very easily. I was a student nurse and got up to all sorts whilst that drunk and there is also a lot I don’t remember because I was so drunk. Students get drunk and some of them get very drunk.

It puzzles me how students can afford to get so drunk. Maybe they don't eat very much or properly and prefer to spend more on alcohol than food.

Scary isn't it when you think you have gone to great lengths to secure your property.

We were locked out and my daughter who was a bit younger then got in the house in under a minute :D.

Our door locks automatically when you close it from the outside without a key...but then you can open it from the inside also without the key.

We were locking ourselves out accidentally so often that we put a code operated key safe outside.

Yes, my daughters went thru the catflap regularly when younger, quicker than mum opening the front door. Have house alarm, but forgotten the number to set it. Dog’s deaf...and now I hear my locks are a waste of time!

It puzzles me how students can afford to get so drunk. Maybe they don't eat very much or properly and prefer to spend more on alcohol than food.
Speaking as a student parent..bank of mum and dad! It's supposed to go towards our little darlings food shopping and uni materials etc lol

Pre loading. You can still get wasted on very little money from the supermarket. And once drunk, that's when students head out to the bars and clubs.

Pre loading. You can still get wasted on very little money from the supermarket. And once drunk, that's when students head out to the bars and clubs.
That's what tends to happen everywhere now not just with students. Whereas I always went to the pubs at 8pm ish then onto club with friends now my daughter and friends always pre drink at someone's house with cheap supermarket drinks then go off to a club at 11.30pm and hardly spend anything in the club as they have already consumed rather alot. It's a relatively cheap night out

One point which may have already been mentioned: Why would PR tell his sister and mother he had picked up a distressed girl in the first place if he had ended up harming her? Surely it would have made more sense not to mention it at all? Could he be telling the truth that he had just given her a lift?

Because he knew he'd probably been caught on CCTV and Libby's DNA wud be found in his car so he had to say he'd picked her up in his car.

Yep, before he was driving my son was always locking himself out. Let himself back in by putting his arm through the letterbox

Well you know, I'm going on too Haha. The case I mentioned the voyeur actually had footage he had filmed of women going to the toilet and taking showers in their own homes, that he admitted he intended to upload and share. ........

oh god, are you talking about this one? I must have been filmed too as at the time I went into a cubicle in that very toilet -he had a huge amount of 'rubbish' in the carrier bags. It was a student open day and the queues were long so although it looked messy in there and everywhere else clean I stayed in there. I hope I'm not on the internet having a pee! (or a number two...)

Toilet ban for secret filming man

You think this is bad, Dan, wait for the trial thread (if there is one)!

Happens about once or twice a year for me personally, on UK cases. Becky Watts trial was immense and intense; we were all exhausted, emotional, and utterly invested in wanting justice for Becky. Helen Bailey's trial was similar. Alesha McPhail's has just finished though I didn't follow it mainly because Libby vanished and I was here. Some just give you the feels and Libby seems to be one of them.

You kind of hope there won't be a trial because it spares the family the details, but it is so interesting hearing all the evidence - some of which we sussed, some of which is a total shock.

I only seem to follow missing ones that never go to court. Note to self: I must get better at sleuthing

oh god, are you talking about this one? I must have been filmed too as at the time I went into a cubicle in that very toilet -he had a huge amount of 'rubbish' in the carrier bags. It was a student open day and the queues were long so although it looked messy in there and everywhere else clean I stayed in there. I hope I'm not on the internet having a pee! (or a number two...)

Toilet ban for secret filming man

Oh my days. No I wasn't. 38 videos???

I wonder if all his alleged burglaries have been trespass rather than actual break ins using forced entry. Maybe it was all opportunistic burglaries where residents had left their doors open?
I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say so I'll stick to what I've seen others do.

A little bird told me one definitely wasn't an open door.

That's what tends to happen everywhere now not just with students. Whereas I always went to the pubs at 8pm ish then onto club with friends now my daughter and friends always pre drink at someone's house with cheap supermarket drinks then go off to a club at 11.30pm and hardly spend anything in the club as they have already consumed rather alot. It's a relatively cheap night out

Does the Welly charge admission does anyone know??

Might be only way they can make a decent profit if a lot of the students are pre loading.

One point which may have already been mentioned: Why would PR tell his sister and mother he had picked up a distressed girl in the first place if he had ended up harming her? Surely it would have made more sense not to mention it at all? Could he be telling the truth that he had just given her a lift?
I've also wondered why he did that because it immediately links him to the case. An admission of involvement.

I personally think it was to explain what the police might find.

I also personally think it was stupid because he added extra detail. For example stating he intended to give her a lift home - if he hadn't said that to his sister then some of the other really plausible theories people have come up with (like the ones that lead her to running away from him and falling into water that would hide her body) fall down. Better to have just says he gave her a lift.

If it was me and I'd just given her a lift I'd have gone to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken