Roseanne Barr attacks #MeToo movement: 'I know hoes when I see them', 3 Mar 2019

I've known of and admired Dennis Prager for years, and Candace Owen for a lesser amount of time, but consider her a very sharp cookie, too. JMO.
Roseanne- well, I do still like her, and yes, she both can go off the rails AND make some very astute observations.

Yes. She's clearly very mentally ill. I guess it can be hard to get under control. It's sad to watch her fall apart like this.

And no, she's not telling the truth by calling those women "hoes".

Some people should only have access to social media under supervision. Roseanne Barr definitely qualifies for that level of access.

Ms. Barr needs to go to a yoga retreat for about six months, to reset her Chakras, and release her toxicity. Her negative energy is going to kill her.

Roseanne Barr accuses co-star Sara Gilbert of 'destroying her life' | Daily Mail Online

Disgraced TV star Roseanne Barr has blamed her former co-star for 'destroying her life' after she condemned her 'abhorrent' comments about Valerie Jarrett.

[...]
I don't see why she is singling out Gilbert aka Darlene. Gilbert's reaction was pretty professional in the sense that her main reason was to state Roseanne's comments doesn't reflect the show or any of the other actors on it. First she blames it on ambien, then she repeatedly uses the fact she didn't know Jarrett's ethnicity, and now it's Gilbert's fault somehow? Roseanne really needs to take responsibility for her OWN actions, like seriously. The not knowing her ethnicity weak defense doesn't add up because regardless of her race it's bullying. And blaming Gilbert... Others from the show also showed their disgust to her tweet as well. Most of them displayed that Roseanne's actions were not a reflection of all involved in the sitcom. The actress who plays her oldest grandchild expressed she was planning to quit the show because of it.. I remember Michael aka DJ reacted by talking about their platform on the show and the values and tones they try to set for the show. Roseanne reacts by saying she created that platform. Not the point!

As someone who is a decades long fan of Roseanne, watching reruns on loop, it's really sad to see her decline... Or is it a decline? Or just a consequence of our modern technology? I heard she wasn't easy to work with during the original run. Firing people, causing on-set protests because she didn't like something, butting heads with the writers, etc. Could our times just not tolerate that bullying behavior anymore? I wonder what the 80's/90's Roseanne would think of 2010's Roseanne. I think she'd be most surprised about being a Trump supporter! Especially in the 90's Roseanne point of view. (Not trying to be political or anything [please don't attack me!] just always felt out of place to me for how progressive Roseanne always was in equal rights and race and gender issues).

I have got to say with The Connor's its nice to actually get to see the other characters story lines. Roseanne seemed to hog up all the story line every week. I honestly thought they were going to explain her absence as she had a mental breakdown and ran out on her family to a macadamia nut farm in Hawaii!

Don't even get me started about her jabs at #MeToo... Victim blaming is uncalled for. There literally is no motive to her doing it unless she's just trying to bully or stir up the media. She lost her show so she probably is just trying to get some attention after being ripped out of the lime light. Maybe the best would be to ignore what she says especially if its obviously for attention, but that would never happen with the media and all.

Last edited:
As someone who is a decades long fan of Roseanne, watching reruns on loop, it's really sad to see her decline... Or is it a decline? Or just a consequence of our modern technology? I heard she wasn't easy to work with during the original run. Firing people, causing on-set protests because she didn't like something, butting heads with the writers, etc. Could our times just not tolerate that bullying behavior anymore? I wonder what the 80's/90's Roseanne would think of 2010's Roseanne. I think she'd be most surprised about being a Trump supporter! Especially in the 90's Roseanne point of view.
It's so sad that she would now try to scapegoat an actress to whom she has been a second mother. I wish she would have just said, "I feel hurt about being left out of something I created," or "I feel misunderstood and I wish people had given me the benefit of the doubt about being a racist." I think she has always used toxic, dysfunctional strategies to get through life and in many ways it has worked for her but her politics have changed and many (I hope most) of us want to draw a clear line about racism being unacceptable. I feel a lot of sadness for her because she was a smart, talented person who accomplished a great deal but she doesn't have anything insightful to say at this point.

Well, she's still saying crap and we're still talking about her. For an actor, the only bad publicity is no publicity. Even negative attention is still attention. I wouldn't support any of her projects, though, unless it was "Roseanne, the Musical" which I just made up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back